Covid 19 Discussion

iceman

Just when you think, man this has been one hell of a screwed up year, and ypu say to yourself...self, I cannot believe the things that have gone down in the last three months. Am I dreaming some kind of nightmare? No sadly it’s not. It’s reality sadly, and just when you think you seen it all. Now the call to abolish police? YGTBFK.

Time is coming folks. Gonna need to pick a side. 

Who’s side you on? 

And why no mention of the Police killed and Injured in the last week? I am outraged at the majority of the nonsense being spewed. 

Go ahead let’s try no police, then we need no courts or lawyers either. Just good old Militia patrolling. I like the odds on things getting cleaned up rather quickly by real citizens who love their country and will do what it takes to preserve the American Way for their families. 

You want street justice? Be careful what you ask for. 

12 hours ago, iceman said:

Just when you think, man this has been one hell of a screwed up year, and ypu say to yourself...self, I cannot believe the things that have gone down in the last three months. Am I dreaming some kind of nightmare? No sadly it’s not. It’s reality sadly, and just when you think you seen it all. Now the call to abolish police?

Time is coming folks. Gonna need to pick a side. 

Who’s side you on? 

I am in my 60's, worked very hard , now I am on the side that wants to live and enjoy what I have worked for for 5 decades, like riding my sled, or Harley, or casting my fly rod in the wilderness, shooting pheasants with my best friend, my lab, enjoy time with my friends, no place or time in my life for this bullshit. This whole thing is just insulting to all the good people who have worked hard and tried to do the right things .

20 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

This whole thing is just insulting to all the good people who have worked hard and tried to do the right things .

They don’t care. These people protesting have contributed zero to the country and never will. 

When enough good people are insulted then maybe this will be put down. 

Watch this video Playhard sent me. 

pretty well put here

3 hours ago, quebec bob said:

...my lab...

You Breaking Bad up on the mountain Bobby?

3 hours ago, quebec bob said:

This whole thing is just insulting to all the good people who have worked hard and tried to do the right things .

Get this song tuned up in case Trumpster goes away and libtards implement that 90% tax on incomes & gains & estates. 

On 6/6/2020 at 1:14 PM, PLAYHARD said:

You Breaking Bad up on the mountain Bobby?

Get this song tuned up in case Trumpster goes away and libtards implement that 90% tax on incomes & gains & estates. 

Just putting it into common sense perspective...All our docs and nurses just went through the most dangerous time of their careers, and were over whelmed on top of it, and these clowns go out and protest by the millions, shoulder to shoulder...absolutely zero respect for anyone...including themselves . You know a lot of people died trying to save sick people, and none of them ever considered the race or color of the patient,  you know we have a pretty damn good country here, filled with a lot of really caring people , who work hard for people every day, if you do not break the law, every thing goes pretty well. Breaking the law started this whole thing.

On 6/6/2020 at 1:14 PM, PLAYHARD said:

90% tax on incomes & gains & estates. 

Never understand that process where you get up early, go to the starting line, run harder than everyone else, then you do not get a trophy, you get to take care of all the people who were behind you not trying as hard, did I miss something growing up...what kind of society could you ever build if people are constantly rewarded for not showing up??? With all this social equality what part of something that some else earned do people think they are entitled to??Just look around, we have plenty of politicians catering to these folks, promising them everything from free cell phones, to health care, rent, food stamps, education, you name it, all paid for by taxes from people who work for everything they have...almost becoming a crime to become successful, I believe in helping people get on their own feet and finding a path to a  job, but this is becoming a career for not only the recipients but the politicians , like I said, very insulting!! Anyhow, only 5 months till we get all this behind us and we will be back on the trail again!!

My head is spinning. Maybe someone can translate this for me. From how I read it, sounds like they been jerking our chains all along. Mask no mask, covid this covid that blah,blah, blah,  what the hell is really going on? Anyone?

BREAKING NEWS: WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION ANNOUNCES THAT ASYMPTOMATIC SPREAD OF COVID “VERY RARE”, UNDERMINING MAIN JUSTIFICATION FOR SHUTDOWNS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
by Kevin Ryan  

Much of the justification for the strict, wide-ranging shutdowns came from the health experts claiming that COVID-19 can be spread by people who don’t have symptoms, and therefore everyone must be quarantined because anybody can be a spreader.

Today, however, the World Health Organization announced that asymptomatic spread of the coronavirus is “very rare”.  The news casts doubt on initial concerns by some researchers that the disease could be difficult to contain due to asymptomatic infections. 

“From the data we have, it seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual,” Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO's emerging diseases unit, said at a news briefing.  “It's very rare.”

“We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing.  They're following asymptomatic cases. They're following contacts. And they're not finding secondary transmission onward. It's very rare,” Van Kerkhove said.

NBC News: “If asymptomatic spread proves to not be a main driver of coronavirus transmission, the policy implications could be tremendous.”

Indeed an April 1st report from the CDC cited the “potential for presymptomatic transmission” as the reason for the importance of social distancing - “It might not be enough for only persons with symptoms to limit their contact with others because persons without symptoms might transmit infection," the CDC study at the time said (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6914e1.htm).

Instead, Dr. Van Kerkhove now says that government responses should focus on detecting and isolating infected people with symptoms.

SOURCES: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html

16 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

WHO aren't they the ones that said nothing going on here in China. Keep the airplanes flying (out). 

China propaganda?  Ill take what they say with a grain of salt.

Yes you are correct, 

They said at first no person to person transfer of Covid, then came defcon 1 resulting in full lockdown, now they are back to saying transfer “rare” . 

Hmmm

23 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Never understand that process where you get up early, go to the starting line, run harder than everyone else, then you do not get a trophy, you get to take care of all the people who were behind you not trying as hard, did I miss something growing up...what kind of society could you ever build if people are constantly rewarded for not showing up??? With all this social equality what part of something that some else earned do people think they are entitled to??Just look around, we have plenty of politicians catering to these folks, promising them everything from free cell phones, to health care, rent, food stamps, education, you name it, all paid for by taxes from people who work for everything they have...almost becoming a crime to become successful, I believe in helping people get on their own feet and finding a path to a  job, but this is becoming a career for not only the recipients but the politicians , like I said, very insulting!! Anyhow, only 5 months till we get all this behind us and we will be back on the trail again!!

Bob, you can make my check out to "Cash" and since it would require effort to pick it up.... could you drop it off.... Thanks!!

PS, Dont be cheap, I know you work hard!!

LOL!!

Sorry, had too, I do hear you... My office is in the same building as some of the counties social services and the things I see\hear...  ( But not everyone.... )

Come on Snow!!!

GutZ

22 hours ago, iceman said:

My head is spinning. Maybe someone can translate this for me. From how I read it, sounds like they been jerking our chains all along. Mask no mask, covid this covid that blah,blah, blah,  what the hell is really going on? Anyone?

BREAKING NEWS: WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION ANNOUNCES THAT ASYMPTOMATIC SPREAD OF COVID “VERY RARE”, UNDERMINING MAIN JUSTIFICATION FOR SHUTDOWNS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
by Kevin Ryan  

Much of the justification for the strict, wide-ranging shutdowns came from the health experts claiming that COVID-19 can be spread by people who don’t have symptoms, and therefore everyone must be quarantined because anybody can be a spreader.

Today, however, the World Health Organization announced that asymptomatic spread of the coronavirus is “very rare”.  The news casts doubt on initial concerns by some researchers that the disease could be difficult to contain due to asymptomatic infections. 

“From the data we have, it seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual,” Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO's emerging diseases unit, said at a news briefing.  “It's very rare.”

“We have a number of reports from countries who are doing very detailed contact tracing.  They're following asymptomatic cases. They're following contacts. And they're not finding secondary transmission onward. It's very rare,” Van Kerkhove said.

NBC News: “If asymptomatic spread proves to not be a main driver of coronavirus transmission, the policy implications could be tremendous.”

Indeed an April 1st report from the CDC cited the “potential for presymptomatic transmission” as the reason for the importance of social distancing - “It might not be enough for only persons with symptoms to limit their contact with others because persons without symptoms might transmit infection," the CDC study at the time said (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6914e1.htm).

Instead, Dr. Van Kerkhove now says that government responses should focus on detecting and isolating infected people with symptoms.

SOURCES: https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-arent-spreading-new-infections-who-says.html

I had heard this, this AM, and from what I could tell from the explanation is this:

Someone who was  "TRULY ASYMPTOMATIC" while having the Virus was Very Rare and IF they were "TRULY ASYMPTOMATIC" their Viral Load would be very small, therefore making it difficult\harder to pass the Virus along.

It seemed to hinge on the Definition of "TRULY ASYMPTOMATIC". This would be someone who had no symptoms manifest, no fever (perceived  or not), Lowered Lung Function (PulseOyx), etc...

I'm not passing this along as gospel.... My interpretation of their explanation.

GutZ

2 hours ago, MrGutz said:

I had heard this, this AM, and from what I could tell from the explanation is this:

Someone who was  "TRULY ASYMPTOMATIC" while having the Virus was Very Rare and IF they were "TRULY ASYMPTOMATIC" their Viral Load would be very small, therefore making it difficult\harder to pass the Virus along.

It seemed to hinge on the Definition of "TRULY ASYMPTOMATIC". This would be someone who had no symptoms manifest, no fever (perceived  or not), Lowered Lung Function (PulseOyx), etc...

I'm not passing this along as gospel.... My interpretation of their explanation.

Merci mon ami. 

I’ll take any and all interpretations I can get.

I should have just never left Escoumins back an March 12, stayed there to ride until it was all melty.

4 hours ago, MrGutz said:

I'm not passing this along as gospel

As has been discussed here, it's from a totally corrupt source. Plus they walked it back within 24hrs. Saying you never know if an infected & contagious person is just "pre-symptomatic". And they can definitely do some damage right up to the day before showing symptoms. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

I should have just never left Escoumins back an March 12, stayed there to ride until it was all melty.

Uh huh!  CBP gave us a very nice, but kinda serious: "Welcome home" as we crossed on Friday the 13th. 

8 hours ago, iceman said:

Regarding another subject.

This is truly wrong, time to get the priorities straight America.

1E3D0D75-7340-4E3C-AA4D-CB2D80C6B260.thumb.jpeg.a09baf37b462cfd19f5fcda093d0d03c.jpeg

14 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

22 hours ago, iceman said:

Regarding another subject.

This is truly wrong, time to get the priorities straight America.

1E3D0D75-7340-4E3C-AA4D-CB2D80C6B260.thumb.jpeg.a09baf37b462cfd19f5fcda093d0d03c.jpeg

This post was worth liking and re-posting, really puts it into a no nonsense common sense position, really ridiculous when you actually take a moment to think about it!!

The problem with all of this, COVID, Protests, etc. on and on, is two fold and its' a chicken vs egg conundrum........  Common Sense isn't Common anymore because more and more of the masses have chose not to actually think things through for themselves and form fact based opinions.........For the last 12-15 years, parts of government have used media to manipulate masses of American people into believing they don't need to think for themselves and they have slowly been feeding them a sense of entitlement.   The invention of the internet, which gave way to the smart phone made all of this possible.   Now we are truly approaching a crossroads and I am not sure whether there are enough of us left that refuse to be manipulated willing to stand up and take action that will result in change.

6 minutes ago, ChrisWright said:

Now we are truly approaching a crossroads and I am not sure whether there are enough of us left that refuse to be manipulated willing to stand up and take action

I have faith that if push comes to shove and I really hope it does not, the real Patriots will rise up and. Slaughter the sheep.