Covid 19 Discussion

iceman

Here is how much of an Idiot Cuomo is.

approval given for MTV music awards

But

9/11 Memorial Tribute denied. 

He should be very proud. He surely does not remember or respect what really matters.

Time for a revolution New Yorkers, Rise Up, take it back.

Being in the IT World.... I can't wait for the Covid-21 Upgrade, faster transmission, fewer bugs, no deaths, less clothes, and 1 aspirin stops the replication, it also utilizes Crystal Reports for clear and concise reporting with demographics and pie charts that mean something.

LOL

Oh Well....

GutZ 

I occasionally click onto the web cam of rue principle in St Donat and have yet to see anyone wearing a mask, just looks like business as usual , like covid is not an issue, I thought it was being taken much more seriously in Quebec than here in the states, but that does not appear to be so in St Donat.

1 hour ago, quebec bob said:

I occasionally click onto the web cam of rue principle in St Donat and have yet to see anyone wearing a mask, just looks like business as usual , like covid is not an issue, I thought it was being taken much more seriously in Quebec than here in the states, but that does not appear to be so in St Donat.

We do take it seriously in QC, masks are mandatory in all indoor establishments or stores, taxi’s, buses, etc but not out side walking down a street unless the 6 ft distance rule can not be maintained. Maybe that is what you are seeing. Private gathering are limited to max 10 people inside or out and preferably from no more that 3 households. They still need to remain 6 ft apart or wear a mask.
We do have idiots who defy the rules but most comply and certainly when it comes to masks in stores I have not experienced anyone trying to get in without one or having a hissy fit tantrum because they are refused entry without one.

There is a cure for Covid. Accessible to all. 

Stop watching and listening to the news. 

The news media are just instilling fear and too many are way in deep. 

What’s the survival rate? 

Pretty high. 

Positive cases does not mean people dropping dead or even hospitalized, just means tested positive. 

How come they do not report numbers of persons recovered?   Or

numbers of persons positive with no symptoms? 

Think about that. 

I am wearing a good n95 mask and have been very careful, but as this goes on it has become clear that politics and news are absolutely playing a bigger part than they should be in an election year. The virus is very dangerous to older people and those with other health conditions for sure. The states have now tested 63 million people with 155k dying , a very high rate of survival, way higher percentage wise than Canada, not even close. Yes they should print some of those other stats if just to calm people down. The real trouble is that there are lots with absolutely no symptoms that transmit to unhealthy people .Maybe those at risk should have been asked to stay home and those less affected asked to protect themselves and continue working where possible, it is really too bad some of these things have not been considered where possible. On the good side it does look like we will have a vaccine in the next 6 months. I guess when you are unprepared herd mentality takes over, maybe hysteria, this certainly could have been handled better.

When is the last time the media teported anything good? It’s all about sensationalizing things and the sky is falling. 

Wait till November then it will all calm down virus wise but the herds of sheep and snowflakes will be burning shit down when things do not go their way.

watch and see

remember you heard it here first

And on the Vaccine 

are you prepared to accept a newly developed vaccine with little to no testing to show possible long term side effects on your body you are so preciously trying to protect by being careful and wearing a mask?

why have the big drug manufacturers already been released from all liability for any side effects caused by a Covid vaccine they produce?

that sure do not make me want to line up to be the guinea pig.

Personally i am not feeling all warm and fuzzy about any vaccine

Over 5 MILLION CASES AS OF TODAY, TOO LATE, TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL, MAKE YOUR PLANS FOR THE CROWED TRAILS IN THE STATES. Maybe something here will be open, but I would not count on it. We are going to be in need of an Italy style 10 week lock down to put a dent in this, once the fall flu season arrives this is going to be a complete disaster.It will take a complete miracle to change the course of this by that time and I am pretty sure that a few hundred thousand at Sturgis is only going to make it much worse when they all travel back home...you just can make this up...we are %$##^&!!

Call me crazy but we had to re-open for too many reasons to list. Anyone who has listened to multiple type news sources knew a spike was inevitable during the reopening. Exactly what happened...as expected. Certain news sources exploited it 24/7 and people bought it.

Well on our way back according to CDC charts today...pretty impressive given how many wont mask up in crowds. The chart is the truth..unlike CNN who picks the worst state or hospital or nursing home and camps out and reports it 24 hours a day to stir fear. They project the whole country is this way. How many are sick ? Rising positive tests mean little when we are testing 60x more than 4 months ago. The majority of positives never even have to see a doctor.

CNN and MSNBC...henny penny...who both obviously want the sky to fall to upset our country. Hate to break it to them...there isnt a democrat in the country that could have done any better in highly populated areas. Its a pandemic. Well... Maybe Joe could ? Haha.

It sucks. Yup. Dont trust the media. They are incredibly biased. Verify.

This too shall pass. Stay safe and smart. Flatten the fear.

858EB0CD-A73D-4556-8AF8-7B58242CA772.jpeg

1 hour ago, EastMark said:

This too shall pass. Stay safe and smart. Flatten the fear.

It's so frickin corrupt, the lamestream media & Emperor Fauci & the CDC are all reporting positive cases, lovely, they ring the bell every time a positive test is taken, one person taking a second test doubles the rate of the sky falling, how about when testing is done daily in schools?...

https://flattenthefear.com/video/video-more-than-2000-doctors-agree-schools-should-reopen/

On 8/7/2020 at 7:58 AM, quebec bob said:

I am wearing a good n95 mask and have been very careful, but as this goes on it has become clear that politics and news are absolutely playing a bigger part than they should be in an election year. The virus is very dangerous to older people and those with other health conditions for sure. The states have now tested 63 million people with 155k dying , a very high rate of survival, way higher percentage wise than Canada, not even close. Yes they should print some of those other stats if just to calm people down. The real trouble is that there are lots with absolutely no symptoms that transmit to unhealthy people .Maybe those at risk should have been asked to stay home and those less affected asked to protect themselves and continue working where possible, it is really too bad some of these things have not been considered where possible. On the good side it does look like we will have a vaccine in the next 6 months. I guess when you are unprepared herd mentality takes over, maybe hysteria, this certainly could have been handled better.

Looking at published figures on the web, as of today, 86.6% of total  reported  Canadian covid 19 cases (120,000) have recovered and 7.4% have died. As of today , 51% of US reported covid 19 cases have recovered and 3.15% have died.   These  rounded out figures don't reflect testing done, only how many people have had  Covid, how many died from it and how many recovered. You are correct that by % more Canadians have died but there is a much higher percentage of Canadian cases that have recovered so there is a huge number of people in the USA that are still fighting Covid and so the figures really don't tell the whole story until all the people who are still sick with Covid on both sides of the border recover or die unfortunately.

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

They are intentionally leaving out critical #’s/factors to shape a case for hysteria, failure,  and fear. They leave out context daily. Our heavily populated cities are a mess but thats not just Covid. Not going there.

I only copied the chart to give context and hope to those seeing gloom on the news daily. We are managing the expected spike pretty well. Thats all. Im really not interested in changing minds or getting into the weeds with a big focus on this mess. Life goes on. Its been a different but great summer here. About 850 miles on the Harley the last few weeks. Big fun.

Everyone has their own ideas.

Stay safe. Stay Smart. Verify.

Edited by EastMark

10 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

how many people have had  Covid, how many died from it and how many recovered...the figures really don't tell the whole story

How many die from it, vs how many die with it, will never be clear.

3 hours ago, EastMark said:

Stay safe. Stay Smart. Verify.

Amen.

Bon Journee,

37 minutes ago, Florida Snowman said:

30264657-3BA3-412C-A9C3-BB28496D868C.thumb.png.fc9c4d044b761b2795fea333b7a58657.png

But then how could they justify bringing everything to a grinding halt?

seems perfectly illogical 

this is a big dog and pony show

we got front row seats and cannot get up and leave