Covid 19 Discussion

iceman

Let's go out to eat, 2020 style...

1. Arrive at restaurant, fish three month old single-use surgical mask out of car's filthy cupholder (still slightly sticky from this morning's 84oz diet Pepsi).

2. Strap up with three month old single-use surgical mask.

*MAGICAL ANTI-GERM BARRIER ENGAGE!!!*

3. Proceed into restaurant, opening door with same handle grabbed by 200 people so far today.

4. Hostess has immediate seating for your party of three. Walk past entire restaurant of unmasked people. It's ok, they're sitting.

5. Sit down.

*SEATED ANTI-GERM FORCEFIELD ENGAGE!!!*

6. Safely within your anti-germ forcefield, remove mask. Browse menu while making relaxed inhales of the same recirculated AC air previously inside the lungs of the 200 people that also grabbed the door handle.

7.  Waitress drops off drinks bare handed.

8. Grab drink with your bare hand. Sip leisurely, secure in knowing you're within your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.

9. Too many drinks. Need to pee. Don the magical anti-germ barrier mask as you leave your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.

10. Walk past 40 unmasked restaurant patrons. Open bathroom with same door knob grabbed by 100 other people so far today.

11. Return to table past same 40 unmasked restaurant patrons.

12. Remove mask. Once again safe in your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness. Waitress takes your sweaty drink glass with her bare hand, refills, hands back to you. You accept with your bare hand. Grab some bread and eat it. Same hand. Yum Yum.

13. Meal complete. Mask on. Walk past 40 unmasked patrons. Make full body contact with at least 4 people waiting at the hostess stand as you squeeze your way back to the door - no matter, they're all also wearing their magical anti-germ barriers.

14. Grab exit handle, which you are now the 220th person of the day to touch. Eating out successful.

15. Breathe a sigh of relief knowing that even after leaving the protection of your home and venturing out into the scary world of the public, you are essentially sterile thanks to your state approved methods of magical germ mitigation.”

3 hours ago, Pipeman said:

1. Arrive at restaurant, fish three month old single-use surgical mask out of car's filthy cupholder (still slightly sticky from this morning's 84oz diet Pepsi).

3. Proceed into restaurant, opening door with same handle grabbed by 200 people so far today.

4. Hostess has immediate seating for your party of three. Walk past entire restaurant of unmasked people. It's ok, they're sitting.

5. Sit down.

6. Safely within your anti-germ forcefield, remove mask. Browse menu while making relaxed inhales of the same recirculated AC air previously inside the lungs of the 200 people that also grabbed the door handle.

8. Grab drink with your bare hand. Sip leisurely, secure in knowing you're within your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.

9. Too many drinks. Need to pee. Don the magical anti-germ barrier mask as you leave your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness.

10. Walk past 40 unmasked restaurant patrons. Open bathroom with same door knob grabbed by 100 other people so far today.

12. Remove mask. Once again safe in your anti-germ forcefield of seatedness. Waitress takes your sweaty drink glass with her bare hand, refills, hands back to you. You accept with your bare hand. Grab some bread and eat it. Same hand. Yum Yum.

13. Meal complete. Mask on. Walk past 40 unmasked patrons. Make full body contact with at least 4 people waiting at the hostess stand as you squeeze your way back to the door - no matter, they're all also wearing their magical anti-germ barriers.

14. Grab exit handle, which you are now the 220th person of the day to touch. Eating out successful.

15. Breathe a sigh of relief knowing that even after leaving the protection of your home and venturing out into the scary world of the public, you are essentially sterile thanks to your state approved methods of magical germ mitigation.”

Sums it up perfectly

Man, we are all so fortunate that these rules and decisions are so well thought out.

ca va bien aller

#PerfectlyLogical

#LoveMeDemMagicalForcefields

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Sums it up perfectly

Man, we are all so fortunate that these rules and decisions are so well thought out.

ca va bien aller

#PerfectlyLogical

#LoveMeDemMagicalForcefields

If you hang your mask on your rear view mirror for 24 hours it becomes completely disinfected. Ready to go to battle !

29 minutes ago, Pipemaster said:

If you hang your mask on your rear view mirror for 24 hours it becomes completely disinfected. Ready to go to battle !

Thanks for the tip. 

I like to drive alone in my car masked up. I see lots of others safely protecting themselves from themselves driving alone.

2 hours ago, iceman said:

Thanks for the tip. 

I like to drive alone in my car masked up. I see lots of others safely protecting themselves from themselves driving alone.

How about a guy with mask in open convertible ! WTF

9 hours ago, Pipeman said:

5. Sit down.

Really great post, right on the money...you really cannot make this up....if herd immunity is going to work...we will definitely be finding out...one way or another....quite an experiment!!

-Low income Service Jobs

-Company shutdown due to Corona.

-Spent all their savings on Bills

-Spent 180 days watching Breaking Bad on TV, and said that does not look too hard

-First batch went well, made a few bucks.

-Second bigger batch... Kaboom!

QED: Corona kills two in Meth Lab Explosion.

GutZ

Not my words, but my sentiment.  Here's where I'm at.  I have done my best to respect the diverse opinions regarding COVID-19 over these past few months.  I've HAD diverse, opinions about it myself....however the ER nurse that posted this sums it up brilliantly:

"Anyone out there who can tell me what our end game is with the covid 19?

What is the magic formula that is going to allow us to sound the all clear?

Is it zero cases?

The only way that will happen is if we just stop testing and stop reporting.

Is it a vaccine?

It took 25 years for a chicken pox vaccine to be developed.
The smallpox inoculation was discovered in 1796 the last known natural case was in 1977.

We have a flu vaccine that is only 40 to 60% effective and less than half of the US population choose to get one, and roughly 20,000 Americans will die of the flu or flu complications.

Oh, you'll mandate it, like other vaccines are mandated in order to attend school, travel to some foreign countries, etc.

We already have a growing number of anti vaxxers refusing proven, tested, well known vaccines that have been administered for decades but aren’t necessarily safe!

Do you really think people will flock to get a fast tracked, quickly tested vaccine, whose long term side effects and overall efficacy are anyone's best guess?

How long are we going to cancel and postpone and reconsider?
You aren't doing in person school until second quarter?

What if October's numbers are the same as August's?

You moved football to spring?

What if next March is worse than this one was?

When do we decide quality of life outweighs the risks?

I understand Covid can be deadly or very dangerous for SOME people, but so are strawberries and so is shellfish.

We take risks multiple times a day without a second thought.
We know driving a car can be dangerous, we don't leave it in the garage. Many speed and don't wear seat belts.

We know the dangers of smoking, drinking and eating fried foods, we do it anyway.

Is hugging Grandma really more dangerous than rush hour on the freeway?

Is going out with friends after work more risky than 4 day old gas station sushi?

Or operating a chainsaw?

When and how did we so quickly lose our free will and give up our liberty?

Is there a waiver somewhere I can sign that says, "I understand the risks, but I choose a life with Hugs and Smiles, and the State Fair and go to Church and go hug my Mom in her retirement home?

I understand that there is a minuscule possibility I could die, but I will most likely end up feeling like crap for a few days.

I understand I could possibly pass it to someone else, if I'm not careful, but I can pass any virus onto someone else.

I'm struggling to see where or how this ends.

We either get busy living or we get busy dying.

When God decides it's your time, you don't get any mulligans, so I guess I would rather spend my time enjoying it and living in the moment and not worrying about what ifs and maybes, and I bet I'm not the only one.

A professor of pharmacy at U of Toronto sent this to his family.

For this pandemic, there’s a greater chance of survival for those
getting infected 7 months later like October 2020 than those who got
infected 7 months earlier say February 2020. The reason for this is
that doctors and scientists know more about Covid-19 now than 7 months
ago and hence are able to treat patients better. I will list "5
important things" that we know now that we didn’t know in February

1. COVID-19 was initially thought to cause deaths due to *pneumonia -
a lung infection* and so ventilators were thought to be the best way
to treat sick patients who couldn’t breathe. Now we are realizing that
 the virus causes blood clots in the blood vessels of the lungs and
other parts of the body and this causes reduced oxygenation. Now we
know that just providing oxygen by ventilators will not help but we
have to prevent and dissolve the micro clots in the lungs. This is why
we are using drugs like Aspirin and Heparin (blood thinners that
prevents clotting) as protocol in treatment regimens in October 2020.

2. Previously patients used to drop dead even before reaching a
hospital due to reduced oxygen in their blood - "oxygen saturation."
This was because of "happy hypoxia" - where even though the oxygen
saturation was gradually reducing, the covid -19 patients did not have
symptoms until it became critically less, like sometimes even 70%.
Normally we become breathless if oxygen saturation reduces below 90%.
This breathlessness is not triggered in covid patients and so we were
getting the sick patients very late to the hospitals in February 2020.
Now since knowing about happy hypoxia we are monitoring oxygen
saturation of all covid patients with a simple home use "pulse
oximeter" and getting them to the hospital if their oxygen saturation
drops to 93% or less.. This gives more time for doctors to correct the
oxygen deficiency in the blood and a better survival chance in October

3. We did not have drugs to fight the corona virus in February 2020.
We were only treating the complications caused by it... hypoxia. Hence
most patients became severely infected. "Now we have 2 important
medicines, Favipiravir and Remdesivir." These are antivirals that can
kill the corona virus. By using these two medicines we can prevent
patients from becoming severely infected
and therefore cure them "before they go to hypoxia". This knowledge we
have in October 2020... not in February 2020.

4. Many Covid-19 patients die not just because of the virus but also
due the patient’s own immune system responding in an exaggerated
manner called "Cytokine Storm". This stormy strong immune response not
only kills the virus but also kills the patients. In February 2020 we
didn’t know how to prevent it from happening. Now in October 2020, we
know that easily available medicines called steroids that doctors
around the world have been using for almost 80 years can be used to
prevent the cytokine storm in some patients.

Note: Timing is the critical factor in whether steroids help covid 19
patients against cytokine storm.

5. Now we also know that people with hypoxia became better just by
making them lie down on their belly - known as prone position. Apart
from this a few days ago Israeli scientists have discovered that a
chemical known as "alpha defensin" produced by the patients white
blood cells can cause the micro clots in blood vessels of the lungs
and this could possibly be prevented by a drug called Colchicine used
over many decades in the treatment of Gout.

Now we know for sure that patients have a better chance at surviving
the COVID-19 infection in October 2020 than in February 2020.

Going forward there’s nothing to panic about Covid -19 if we remember
that a person who gets infected later has a better chance of survival
than one who got infected earlier. Let’s continue to follow
precautions: wear masks, use sanitizer or wash our hands frequently
with soap/water and practice social distancing. Please distribute this
message, as we all need some positive news.

Above all still, use common sense and wear your masks to protect
others around you and yourself, avoid groups and pay attention to
social distancing.

Last week I had to do the Covin test thing for a up coming Doctors appointment. The person who did the test, who I think is getting sick of driving a stick up noses, told me some very interesting thoughts. First the anti body test just doesn't work. In the hospital I was at she told of 11 people who were positive cases of the virus. Of the 11 cases 2 were admitted admitted to the hospital. Best part they all survived. After all was better they did the anti body test on each of them. Of the 11 only 2 showed they had anti bodies in their system. The 2 that were hospitalized didn't show any. So this is why insurance companies won't pay for the test anymore. Plus the hospitals charge from 110 dollars to 175 dollar for the test. Person insinuated but didn't state as a fact that the virus is over rated as being deadly like statistics show. Amazingly there is doctors who don't agree about this virus. Would be very interesting how they vote and for who.

4 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Topic-creep!

Approved! 

SMFH a lot these days!

God Bless The World!

But...

God Bless America First!

PLAYHARD I don't understand the topic creep. Are you calling me a creep? Every thing I posted was from a person that is around this virus every day.  Only words of mine was I wonder who these doctors vote for. 

18 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

I wonder who these doctors vote for

Depends on what "news" source they choose, or in the case of inter'web feeds depends on what "news" chooses them.

Fellow Creeper,

(Back on topic: Not sure if I heard it here first: But did ya hear?... The CDC has predicted 3 more novel viruses... If Trump wins)

RED ZONE.  Haven't read this mentioned here.  Can @towing or anywhere in QC expand on this.  Haven't been paying as much attention to QC issues since we started basing in Maine but I think I saw on fb that Relais La Chapele (and other places) cannot be open due to RED ZONE?  How in the hell is such a remote place a RED ZONE?

11 hours ago, actionjack said:

RED ZONE.  Haven't read this mentioned here.  Can @towing or anywhere in QC expand on this.  Haven't been paying as much attention to QC issues since we started basing in Maine but I think I saw on fb that Relais La Chapele (and other places) cannot be open due to RED ZONE?  How in the hell is such a remote place a RED ZONE?

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/progressive-regional-alert-and-intervention-system/map-of-covid-19-alert-levels-by-region/#saguenay–lac-saint-jean

As far as why a place is red zone or not is a question for Francois Legault. King of Quebec

But  if in red zone then restsurants tske out only. There has been some talk of Motoneige Relais being deemed essential services. So we will need to just wait and see. 

2 hours ago, iceman said:

https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/progressive-regional-alert-and-intervention-system/map-of-covid-19-alert-levels-by-region/#saguenay–lac-saint-jean

As far as why a place is red zone or not is a question for Francois Legault. King of Quebec

But  if in red zone then restsurants tske out only. There has been some talk of Motoneige Relais being deemed essential services. So we will need to just wait and see. Hope they get can be deemed essential. 

Edited by actionjack