Covid 19 Discussion

iceman

1 hour ago, Muskoka2 said:

Sure-Dopey hasn't got the vaccines so we're all guinea pigs with the 4 month gap making the vaccine less strong/efficacious!

I love the people posting on FB that they are Vaccinated. This is proof of the mentality level. One shot and they are Vaccinated. Ok then.

3 hours ago, iceman said:

I love the people posting on FB that they are Vaccinated. This is proof of the mentality level. One shot and they are Vaccinated. Ok then.

You have very dumb people being lead by an equally clueless individual-a better looking Alfred E. Neuman! [What me worry]

20 hours ago, iceman said:

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vaxhole

Vaxhole:  A person who intentionally gloats or brags about their vaccination status in order to signal to others their moral superiority.  "Two weeks after the second shot and that vaxhole is posting selfies from a Cancun bar"

• 2 weeks later...

When will the Canada-U.S. border reopen?

Wed., May 5, 2021, 4:00 a.m.·3 min read

cc73fac9a8b393ccad9b7548ac744f4b

When will the Canada-U.S. border reopen?
It's been more than a year since Canada and the U.S. barred people from non-essential travel between the two countries. With vaccinations ramping up in both countries, experts weigh in on when the border could reopen. (Ben Nelms/CBC - image credit)

It's been more than a year since Canada and the U.S. barred people from non-essential travel between the two countries. With vaccinations ramping up in both countries, experts weigh in on when the border could reopen. (Ben Nelms/CBC - image credit)

Travel across the Canada-U.S. border could resume by late summer or fall, according to the cautious estimates of some experts, but they say the process will be complicated.

The border has been closed to non-essential travel like tourism and recreation since March 2020, and the closure agreement between Ottawa and Washington is expected to be renewed on May 21.

The agreement makes exceptions, for example, on compassionate grounds like attending a funeral, or to apply for refugee status, and enforcement has been less than absolute.

But the question on most people's minds, says foreign policy expert Aaron Ettinger, is probably "When can I do my day trips over the border once again?

"And my answer to that is, that it's going to be a long, long time."

Ettinger, an associate professor at Carleton University who specializes in Canadian and U.S. foreign policy, says he believes the borders will remain largely shut for at least a few more months.

It's been more than a year since Canada and the U.S. barred people from non-essential travel between the two countries. With vaccinations ramping up in both countries, experts weigh in on when the border could reopen.

It's been more than a year since Canada and the U.S. barred people from non-essential travel between the two countries. With vaccinations ramping up in both countries, experts weigh in on when the border could reopen.(Rob Gurdebeke/The Canadian Press)

"My gut tells me it's going to be [closed] at least well into the fall of 2021," he said, "because things are literally ten times worse now than they were this time last year with infection rates, with ICU admissions."

He says once both countries sort out the public health concerns, they will have to work through the politics.

"Politically, the United States and Canada would have to get on the same page … and that would take an enormous amount of diplomatic cross-border interaction," he said.

Given how complicated their relationship is already, Ettinger says he believes the border situation won't be resolved quickly. He noted that the U.S. has vaccinated a far greater percentage of its residents than Canada.

"The U.S. may not be all that keen on letting Canadian travellers over the border ... But I would imagine that any Canadian government would want the same treatment that Canada affords American travellers."

A long, long time......that does not translate into this fall, which is just around the corner.....I will be thrilled to see it open in the fall....hopefully we keep progressing forward and getting better numbers every day...and this will be happening in Canada soon, let's keep our fingers crossed!!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, iceman said:

Tell me

F54DE09C-FC42-4610-A6B0-CFB4DCB5E2DB.thumb.jpeg.5182438f143af9ab133fb961b35d27e8.jpeg

It is True and is Funny.. But to be fair:

A. Still Spreading the Virus: That would\could be the case for most Vax's, Flu, Small Pox, Meningitis, Etc... ( all with-in reason )

B. Two Months, you only get three for the Flu Shot ( and they've been handing that out for 30 years?) , then there are mutated stains, and Vax is less potent.

C. 10-15% reaction rate, most of the localized reactions are from the carrier Goo. Egg\Nut\Berry derivatives are used to suspend and preserve the Vax. I had a worse reaction to Shingles Shot.

D.HIV Risk... If you're engaged in risky behavior, wear a helmet and stay to the right or what ever safe sex analogy you want to use.

E. Bell's could be from "C.", and there are similar results from the Flu Shot too. Or any Vax. Or any shot that could aggravate\Activate your immune system ( RA, Crone's, IBS, etc...)   

F. Anaphylaxis, See "C" and "E", 

G: No manufacturer Liability.... I'd point to the Oxy Epidemic, brought on by the manufacturer's marketing\implementation dept. The small amount of $$ recovered for so many ruined lives. That was an Intentional Sales Push... No Liability. ( Small amount when considered how many people affected, I know it was Billions of Dollars)

H. Masks... Grrr ( I hate them ). This is a tricky one, No masks stop Viruses, they reduce Viral Load in the Air, by reducing direct asperation and atomization, so there's less chance to pass it on via Air Borne Ingestion,  I now only wear one when at a checkout counter, the poor person behind the counter is taking a bigger risk than I am, and it's more of a courtesy and concern for them. Think of how many people you breathe on VS how many breathe on them...... 

Later 

GutZ

7 minutes ago, hparaptor said:

Sounds like not real freedom. The government has most people still right where they want them. In fear. 

It is a start, border closing has been tough, in the last 8 weeks, 96.7 % of all covid cases in U S are from  unvaccinated people...who are now saying...they wish they had gotten the shot. Risky behavior...the Delta variant is way more contagious and deadlier. Some places...like Massachusetts...where the vaccination rate is one of the highest with some communities at 95%...the cases are now at .38 per 100k people, or 1 person per 300 thousand.....if this new variant starts going crazy among those who are unvaccinated, and it is already happening in some southern states...you can bet this easing and opening of the border is going to stop quickly....it is now clear that the vaccines work...we live in an area in south Berkshire where the shot rate is over 95% and this is like candy land....no cases here...hospitals are empty...we are really looking forward to traveling again, life is normal here and has been for months.

I hear ya Bob.  Gotta love these dopes who claim every unrelated statistic for not getting vaccinated.  Just saw a lady yesterday at a gas station convenience store.  Wearing an N95 mask, a regular mask over that, latex gloves, and coming out of the store holding 3 packs of smokes.  Gets in her car, windows up and lights a cig.  She was so concerned for her health to wear all the PPE, but walks out of a store carrying 3 packs of smokes.  Just plain dumb, same applies to those who refuse to get vaccinated, but hey I believe in freedom of choice more, so have at it.

Edited by slimjim2525

8 hours ago, slimjim2525 said:

I hear ya Bob.  Gotta love these dopes who claim every unrelated statistic for not getting vaccinated.  Just saw a lady yesterday at a gas station convenience store.  Wearing an N95 mask, a regular mask over that, latex gloves, and coming out of the store holding 3 packs of smokes.  Gets in her car, windows up and lights a cig.  She was so concerned for her health to wear all the PPE, but walks out of a store carrying 3 packs of smokes.  Just plain dumb, same applies to those who refuse to get vaccinated, but hey I believe in freedom of choice more, so have at it.

Not dopes, Just smart and informed. To each there own

9 hours ago, slimjim2525 said:

I have a buddy who says he wont get the vaccine, doesnt think it safe, with a cig hanging from his lips. ?????