Covid 19 Discussion

iceman

On 8/14/2020 at 7:30 AM, iceman said:

Be more specific. There’s only one person who seems to be blamed for everything no matter what it is. 

Ok. De Blasio is a piece of shit and Gov Cuomo is no better. Giuliani could fix it in 3 months! 

On 8/26/2020 at 6:17 AM, iceman said:

Perfectly fine now. No problems. Thank goodness for that. And all private business should have been closed, everyone stay inside and wear a mask while driving your car.                                                                                                                    

So first they finally admit only 6% of all deaths were solely from Covid. Now today they are saying 90% of people testing positive are not even contagious. The writing is on the wall for all to see. 

Enough of this charade. Wake up people like I said from early on this is a game and we are all being played. 

False Pandemic 100%

mask up sheep

Nice comparison I think.....

« Aviation is all about risk management.  From A to Z.  Design, Engineering, Construction, Maintenance, Training, Procedures, Techniques, Manuals: all of it involves a lot of Risks and Risk Management.

Taking a 120 tons aircraft designed, built and maintained by humans, filling its tanks with 70 tons of kerosene, its seats with 375 strange people and its cargo holds with 7 tons of luggage, cargo, including dangerous goods, taking off during a snow storm, on a contaminated runway ( ice or snow) with a strong gusty cross winds, flying it 4000 miles at night, in icing conditions, through a line of thunderstorms, in moderate turbulence, to another continent, through a sky crisscrossed with thousands of other aircraft, and landing it in a foreign airport blanketed in thick fog after spending a long sleepless night, involves the management of a lot of risks, risks that airlines, and airline personnel take every day.

Every action we take involves risk and risk management.

Yet there is always another option that may involve less risk: just cancelling the flight.  Deplaning that problematic or passenger. Not taking the cargo.

But if airlines were to always cancel flights for snow, for ice, for cross-winds, for thunderstorms, for wind-shear, for turbulence, for freezing rain, for heavy traffic, for contaminated runways, for fog, for fatigue, for problematic passengers, for unusual cargo, for technical problems, we would be cancelling most flights, and we would be on the receiving end of millions of complaints, lawsuits and claims from angry customers.  But we don't cancel unless we have to.  We fly.  We nearly always fly, regardless of what fate throws our way.  And we do it safely,  responsibly.  

We learn to manage all of these risks in such a safe manner,  and we do it so efficiently that airline flying is one of the safest activities on Earth.  

• This level of safety is achieved using science, technology, training and procedures.

The Government of Canada now has to deal with a new risk  called COVID-19.

It can either do like we do in the aviation industry, which is to evaluate and study the risks and use science, technology, training and procedures to manage the risks and carry on with the flight, or it can just decide not to have to deal with the risk, cancel the flight and send everyone home.

So far, they have decided to cancel all flights rather than manage the risks with technology and science based measures as we do in aviation.

This is killing our industry and our livelihoods. »

Maine had been one of the lowest covid states in the country. Thanks to this wedding covid has spread across the entire state like crazy, all because of the recklesness of the bride and groom, the minister, and the inn that hosted the wedding. The lawsuit could be in the millions. Seven people died as a result.

It will be interesting to see if anyone will be charged with manslaughter.

And it is safe to say Maine's snowmobile season could be in jeapody if this keeps spreading. 

We have a very safe place here in the Berkshire Hills, much like some remote Maine places, I keep saying how lucky we are not to have had this happen here YET. BUT IT ONLY TAKES 1 PERSON TO SCREW IT ALL UP!! Sooner or later it will probably happen, then all the small business' will probably not make it as everyone will lock themselves down for the winter as most people around here are 60 plus and will be afraid to go anywhere, we have to be vigilant and safe to keep this thing in-check while waiting for a vaccine, not really rocket science anymore, masks and distancing, wash you hands, get a flu shot, we should be able to do this, WTF!!!

Aroostook County has had just 1 death ever from COVID.

Over half of Maines 136 deaths are in York County just over the NH line. (aka Northern Massachusetts)

Go north young men, go north !

Got 2 trips booked in Caribou in early February and March.

We cant wait ! Still hoping for Quebec too. 🙂

Perspective from My daily life........

Since Covid, never stopped working, my living is classified as Essential. We took a step back and evaluated what was going on, changed certain daily habits, adjusted home life practices ect. ITS CALLED TAKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for you own lives. I have never had any signs, symptoms nor has my family members during this pandemic. I’ve been tested twice, once early on because of a customer being diagnosed positive that I was exposed to and followed the appropriate guidelines. That particular time was early on in April when it was ALOT HARDER to get a test performed. My doctor actually via ZOOM At the time  basically had to FUDGE the paperwork to get me a appointment at a testing center, rather then just quarantine for the 8 days with no signs or symptoms. Just stayed home pending the test results as required.

Second round of tests where done just because I could, testing now is so easy to get done without jumping through hoops like back in April.

With that being said...... a person like me is PISSED OFF that people have NO ACCOUNTABILITY whatsoever!!!!!

From where I’m sitting, I’m bringing NOTHING with me if I travel out of state or country. I where a mask on and off work hrs everywhere I go outside my personal house. Social distance as required, sanitize appropriately ect. Honestly if I have paperwork with negative covid results within 72 hrs of entering state or country  and no symptoms then WHATS THE PROBLEM!!!! Same deal on re entry, no symptoms, get a test stay home until results. And for people that never had any testing done.... why haven’t you, testing sights are all over the place. Show up take a Q tip up the nose, takes 5 minutes out of your day. 

Covid isn’t going away completely, it’s going to be a part of life, to what extent who knows. A Vaccine is not Full Proof, hows the Flu shot working.....wait!!!! People still get SICK with the flu shot

People taking ownership of there own lives, having ACCOUNTABILITY for there actions, using common sense during there daily lives will settle down THIS SHIT that’s going on.

IM  so tired of the INSANITY of what daily life has become. OVER IT !!!!!!!!!!  

I hear FORT KENT CALLING MY NAME!!!!

Edited by Cobra

• 2 weeks later...

For those going to Aroostook County this winter:  I have ridden tens of thousands of miles in Aroostook during the '90's and into the mid 2000's.  It is very good riding and I always enjoyed it.

The people there are amazing. Don't expect the number of trails per square mile as Quebec, or the number of loops, or the consistent snow conditions (although northern Aroostook is a safe bet).  I always found less traffic than other Maine snow belt areas. I found I could usually count on a rough trail or two by the end of the day, but most trails were very nicely groomed..  Need service, the dealers are top notch.

And the food is amazing!!!  

And don't forget other Maine hot spots like Rangeley, Jackman, Moosehead and Millinocket that are part of the western Maine mountain snowbelt. These can be busy on weekends but midweek riding is awesome and they all come with great scenery. And, they are a shorter drive than Aroostook County.

There are some great places to stay while in Maine. Maybe not the plushness or amenities of Quebec, but they will be clean and comfortable.

Mike, we have a camp on Umbagog by the Rapid River. You are right North West Maine is very nice, like you said, weekends will be busy, both Maine and New Hampshire saw a tremendous amount of growth this year in the ATV riders, I am sure with Canada closed to us there will be a lot more sleds this year. Tuesday thru Thursday will be nice.