iceman

Covid 19 Discussion

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Cnc said:

Could you just take the warden instead?

She doesnt like hunting???

But I could get her a fur coat and hat from Bildoeax in QC (yes spelling is wrong)....

Then she could go on the hunting trip.....

GutZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

She doesnt like hunting???

But I could get her a fur coat and hat from Bildoeax in QC (yes spelling is wrong)....

Then she could go on the hunting trip.....

GutZ

Well I was figuring while you distract her I could get some peace and quiet here!😁😁😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cnc said:

Well I was figuring while you distract her I could get some peace and quiet here!😁😁😁😁

Ohhh! just distract he..... that totally changes the plan.... ditch the fur and add Orange!

LOL

GutZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrGutz said:

Ohhh! just distract he..... that totally changes the plan.... ditch the fur and add Orange!

LOL

GutZ

What ever it takes, I got tractors, cars, boats and a motorcycle to tinker with, no time for a special covid 19 honey do list!😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Positive case counts INCLUDE confirmed and PROBABLE cases!

Straight from the Pa. dept of health! 

You decide.. I have.

1A2EE840-CBD8-4915-A6A7-8B00AEB76339.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Practice medicine here.  Currently deployed to the ICU at my hospital.  It's a war zone.  Indescribable.  Please follow Eastern Virginia Medical School guidelines for prophylaxis.  Vitamin C 1000mg daily.  (Prefer Ester Vitamin C).  Vitamin D3 1k-4k IU daily.  Zinc 50 mg daily.  Plaquenil and Z-pack is not at all a panacea.  Will see if Remdesivir holds some promise.    We are trying not to put people on ventilators.  If patients end up on the ventilator, the mortality rate is 70 to 80%.  Our hospital numbers finally dropped from yesterday to today by 3 patients.  Hang on tight, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, slimjim2525 said:

Practice medicine here.  Currently deployed to the ICU at my hospital.  It's a war zone.  Indescribable.  Please follow Eastern Virginia Medical School guidelines for prophylaxis.  Vitamin C 1000mg daily.  (Prefer Ester Vitamin C).  Vitamin D3 1k-4k IU daily.  Zinc 50 mg daily.  Plaquenil and Z-pack is not at all a panacea.  Will see if Remdesivir holds some promise.    We are trying not to put people on ventilators.  If patients end up on the ventilator, the mortality rate is 70 to 80%.  Our hospital numbers finally dropped from yesterday to today by 3 patients.  Hang on tight, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. 

Thank You for what you are doing. Your information is greatly appreciated. 

Merci Beaucoup

stay safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, doonali said:

Straight from the Pa. dept of health! 

 You decide.. I have.

Are these the types that hold mid-night closed-door sessions to give themselves "probable" raises?

 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Thank You for what you are doing...greatly appreciated...Merci Beaucoup...stay safe. 

Ditto, Merci. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, slimjim2525 said:

Practice medicine here.  Currently deployed to the ICU at my hospital.  It's a war zone.  Indescribable.  Please follow Eastern Virginia Medical School guidelines for prophylaxis.  Vitamin C 1000mg daily.  (Prefer Ester Vitamin C).  Vitamin D3 1k-4k IU daily.  Zinc 50 mg daily.  Plaquenil and Z-pack is not at all a panacea.  Will see if Remdesivir holds some promise.    We are trying not to put people on ventilators.  If patients end up on the ventilator, the mortality rate is 70 to 80%.  Our hospital numbers finally dropped from yesterday to today by 3 patients.  Hang on tight, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. 

Thank you for your services.

Would you be so kind to share the name of the hospital that you are associated with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's latest news on the pandemic is not encouraging. The CDC Chief expects a second wave of the virus to hit next winter during the flu season.  Also a new VA Hospital study found those patients given the malaria drug Hydroxychloroquine had a much higher death rate from the virus than those only given standard care: 28% death rate with this drug vs. 11% death rate getting only standard care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doonali said:

Thank you for your services.

Would you be so kind to share the name of the hospital that you are associated with?

I am with Hartford Healthcare.  A system of eight hospitals throughout CT.  Not at Hartford Hospital, one of the other hospitals in the system.    I get an email daily of the census.  It will likely fluctuate daily.  I'm not gonna say we are seeing a downside trend until we have less active patients system wide, and dropping continually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mikerider said:

VA Hospital study found those patients given the malaria drug Hydroxychloroquine had a much higher death rate

Mike, I love ya, and yer monkey, this is out of context (fake-news), even MSDNC said this morning that it's not broad science.  That VA "study" is from a "what do you have to lose" environment, with an already heartbreaking death rate.

Alongside the "stay tuned for breaking balls" sensation today, that the Hydroxy & Z-Pack combo creates death risk, which is a big-old DUH for patients with pre-existing heart arrhythmia.

Hopefully the hopes & prayers from our merry troupe, for all of those suffering and all of those serving, are stronger than this virus.

Amen

Edited by PLAYHARD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pennlive.com/coronavirus/2020/04/coroner-accuses-pa-health-dept-of-monday-morning-quarterbacking-coronavirus-deaths.html%3foutputType=amp

This isn’t the only county in Pa. that this is happening in, several other Counties are reporting the same findings.

Just putting this out there like all the other news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love ya too, Playhard!    At least our monkeys are safe.

I probably have a more cynical view as my wife is a nurse at the hospital and is often taking care of C-19 patients. She says they can be quite sick one minute and the next minute can be on death's door step. Also she is aware that 20% of C-19 cases are healthcare workers. She says this is really, really bad stuff. She comes home in the morning and strips her work clothes off in the garage, bags the clothes, and runs upstairs and into the shower before having any contact with me and the pets, and before touching anything in the house. She has us using disinfection wipes on each piece of grocery we bring home and then the counter they were placed on. She feels any rush to open the economy too soon is a hazard to all of us, and especially the healthcare workers. We are in our late 60's, so are more at risk of seriousness if we catch this, her job makes her more apt to get it, and if she gets, most likely so will I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Love ya too, Playhard!    At least our monkeys are safe.

I probably have a more cynical view as my wife is a nurse at the hospital and is often taking care of C-19 patients. She says they can be quite sick one minute and the next minute can be on death's door step. Also she is aware that 20% of C-19 cases are healthcare workers. She says this is really, really bad stuff. She comes home in the morning and strips her work clothes off in the garage, bags the clothes, and runs upstairs and into the shower before having any contact with me and the pets, and before touching anything in the house. She has us using disinfection wipes on each piece of grocery we bring home and then the counter they were placed on. She feels any rush to open the economy too soon is a hazard to all of us, and especially the healthcare workers. We are in our late 60's, so are more at risk of seriousness if we catch this, her job makes her more apt to get it, and if she gets, most likely so will I.

Stay Vigilant Mike

Thanks to your wife for what she does.

ca va bien aller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike,

I perfectly understand you. I am in NYC and I am a healthcare provider myself. My sister, her daughter and son are nurses and have direct contact with C-19 patients. My niece recently acquired it and is currently home recuperating. She is better now . The sad part about it is as soon as she recovers from it, she has to go right back to work as there is a shortage of staff. Everyone in her facility  is getting sick, they just take turns.  
I hope your wife stays healthy. Please thank her for us for her courage to be out there in the frontlines.

Be safe and stay healthy.

Gemma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrsGTRider said:

Mike,

I perfectly understand you. I am in NYC and I am a healthcare provider myself. My sister, her daughter and son are nurses and have direct contact with C-19 patients. My niece recently acquired it and is currently home recuperating. She is better now . The sad part about it is as soon as she recovers from it, she has to go right back to work as there is a shortage of staff. Everyone in her facility  is getting sick, they just take turns.  
I hope your wife stays healthy. Please thank her for us for her courage to be out there in the frontlines.

Be safe and stay healthy.

Gemma

Thank you Gemma and all your family in this fight. Merci mille fois.

ca va bien aller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mikerider said:

my wife is a nurse at the hospital and is often taking care of C-19 patients

 

4 hours ago, MrsGTRider said:

I am a healthcare provider myself. My sister, her daughter and son are nurses and have direct contact with C-19 patients

 

Respect Compadres!

:hi:

Hopefully the hopes & prayers from our merry troupe, for all of those suffering and all of those serving, are stronger than this virus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, slimjim2525 said:

Practice medicine here.  Currently deployed to the ICU at my hospital.  It's a war zone.  Indescribable.  Please follow Eastern Virginia Medical School guidelines for prophylaxis.  Vitamin C 1000mg daily.  (Prefer Ester Vitamin C).  Vitamin D3 1k-4k IU daily.  Zinc 50 mg daily.  Plaquenil and Z-pack is not at all a panacea.  Will see if Remdesivir holds some promise.    We are trying not to put people on ventilators.  If patients end up on the ventilator, the mortality rate is 70 to 80%.  Our hospital numbers finally dropped from yesterday to today by 3 patients.  Hang on tight, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. 

Sorry I missed this post earlier.

Thank You for your frontline work. 

ca va bien aller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly what we're coaching & cheerleading our Boost Mobile Retailers to plead with their landlords & leases.  At least the ones who are on their feet. Pretty horrific for some without enough energy to bring water to their own mouths.  

Back off for a few months of rent, and add those months to the term. Way better than having a tenant shudder permanently.  Maybe we should contract Vic as lead negotiator?

 

 
4 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Ticked Off Vic: A Message to the Government | VicDiBitetto.net

 

 

 

 

Edited by PLAYHARD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In Canada the banks at least are letting you defer like Vic wants and extending your mortgage for up to 6 months. That being said I here its only for home owners and not rental properties so there's likely a few small landlords who will be in trouble. 

Business wise  the government has some money plans being rolled out but really aren't well geared for all the small business man/woman in my opinion. In the end I would say the hospitality industry is going to be hurt the most. Even if things start opening up soon there's likely still a lot of fear from people to go back to a sit down restaurant and even then they will likely have to social distance so it won't be full.

We need a vaccine period to get things back to normal. That being said I will still be willing and happy to go and give as much business as i can in the Abitibi, LSJ and Gaspe regions if they let me 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, doo4adoo said:

In Canada the banks at least are letting you defer like Vic wants and extending your mortgage for up to 6 months. That being said I here its only for home owners and not rental properties so there's likely a few small landlords who will be in trouble. 

Business wise  the government has some money plans being rolled out but really aren't well geared for all the small business man/woman in my opinion. In the end I would say the hospitality industry is going to be hurt the most. Even if things start opening up soon there's likely still a lot of fear from people to go back to a sit down restaurant and even then they will likely have to social distance so it won't be full.

We need a vaccine period to get things back to normal. That being said I will still be willing and happy to go and give as much business as i can in the Abitibi, LSJ and Gaspe regions if they let me 🙂

Perhaps a new smuggling career, Mike?  Getting us US folks across the border this summer, and if necessary, this winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doo4adoo said:

That being said I will still be willing and happy to go and give as much business as i can in the Abitibi, LSJ and Gaspe regions if they let me 🙂

Not sure what to think at this point. I can tell you recreation things are low on the essential list. As VTT trails remain closed. So if this goes on I don’t see grooming and having people gathered at Relais and snowmobiling in general getting a green light. I will be very happy to be totally wrong on this just as everybody else on here. 

I heard they canceled Octoberfest in Germany this year, did anyone else hear that? 

Hell October is 6 months away,

If we see a second wave come along who knows what will be? Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.