mud slide on the #155...

towing

7 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

Very scary. I guess the temperature is climbing.

Heavy Heavy rain all day and most of evening yesterday(monday)

happened around 11pm Monday night.

just north of Grand Piles, just north of Grand Mere/St Georges (Shawinigan)

its a big one. 

Road still closed.

Edited by iceman

The biggest problem is that the Fire Service has basically been cut off for a big part of the area there. It’s one hell of a detour for them to reach the far side of their territory now with the 155 cut off. Also, I think they said 9 houses are without power as poles came down too. I believe they offered to put them at Auberge Gouverneur in Shawinigan until it’s cleaned up. 

I heard that it was a land owner who wasn't consulted before they put the road in and it is too close to her house. She had time now to move the dirt into the road as she is Sheltering in Place. Unfortunately 155 is now a wet land sanctuary for some endangered salamander. A reroute will be completed later this summer at a cost to local businesses of ten million dollars.

GutZ

13 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

I heard that it was a land owner who wasn't consulted before they put the road in and it is too close to her house. She had time now to move the dirt into the road as she is Sheltering in Place. Unfortunately 155 is now a wet land sanctuary for some endangered salamander. A reroute will be completed later this summer at a cost to local businesses of ten million dollars.

GutZ

Could be. 

I do know for a fact, the 155 will be open again very soon.

As for that bypass trail, don’t hold your breath. 

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

now a wet land sanctuary for some endangered salamander

Is she raising bats too? Might be a ggod spot for one of those contactless-drive-thru wet market?

Glad that test pilot got to tell about it. 

13 hours ago, MrGutz said:

GutZ

I think her cousin lives in Tremblant.