RDL 2021: Plan B

mikerider

On 11/1/2020 at 3:01 PM, mikerider said:

Walgreen stores...have the rapid testing available, results in 15 minutes....as long as it is within 72 hours or sooner when entering...and you have the results...Thus people from banned states can still enter...and not quarantine.

Same for Aruba!

• 2 weeks later...

With this new surge being bigger than the last surge....Vt has stopped non essential travel....and all New England states and New York...are going to have an emergency meeting this week end...to plight a plan going forward....I am quickly loosing hope that we will be able to ride anywhere this season....unless you are lucky enough to live in a remote area where you can leave your door step for a  quick rip around in an uninhabited area where no one lives. The good news is that things will very likely be back to normal by next season.I think moving forward there are a lot of areas that are moving toward an uncharted  future, unfortunately the worst is yet to come for many people , probably more mandatory shut downs....this is going to hurt.

• 1 month later...

Nobody expected the vaccine this soon. It raises a long shot question....

*If* someone gets the vaccine and has proof....wonder if it may become an option to cross before the end of the season......

Long shot yes....but there is now a small chance.....maybe. Just dreaming. 

The process to vaccinate everyone in Canada is going to take many months - projected up until September. In the meantime, even those who are vaccinated are told to continue with the social distancing, mask wearing etc. If you do get vaccinated, ensure you have "official"  documentation. In terms of future border crossing, the anti-vaxers are going to have a hard time of it.

Don't know if it is true, but heard on the radio the other day that the vaccine keeps you from getting sick, but you can still get the Covid and be contagious, just won't have symptoms. 

Also heard about how many doses various countries ordered. Canada ordered five times more vaccines than their population. 

So Mark, looks like I will see you in Millinocket!

48 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Don't know if it is true, but heard on the radio the other day that the vaccine keeps you from getting sick, but you can still get the Covid and be contagious, just won't have symptoms. 

Also heard about how many doses various countries ordered. Canada ordered five times more vaccines than their population. 

So Mark, looks like I will see you in Millinocket!

Wow, Soo much bad information out there being spewed. 

Once a vaccine is administered, your body starts to generate antibodies. After 3 weeks you will have immunity. The booster shot 3 weeks after the first shot only makes your immune system even stronger. After 6 weeks you are immune and won't get covid, and won't spread covid.

The vaccine prevents the disease but most likely not the infection. It is thought a vaccinated person can still pass on the infection. Thus  it is thought, at this time, that social distancing and masks will still be required by all until the virus goes away.

The infection still enters the body. The body's beserk response to the infection is the disease. The vaccine prevents this body response.  Most vaccines work this way.

Edited by mikerider

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

The vaccine prevents the disease but most likely not the infection. It is thought a vaccinated person can still pass on the infection. Thus  it is thought, at this time, that social distancing and masks will still be required by all until the virus goes away.

The infection still enters the body. The body's beserk response to the infection is the disease. The vaccine prevents this body response.  Most vaccines work this way.

Exactly what my doctor friend said...you will be safe  but still able to infect others...we are a ways away from getting rid of our masks....going to need 80% of people vaccinated before that happens...but we will ride next season, it is going to be a hell of a party in 2022 ,better book in advance!!

The Pfizer/Moderna vaccines have the messenger genetic materials that encodes  for the COVID spike protein. When vaccinated ,  our cells will release just the spike protein which will then stimulate our immune system to form antibodies to the Covid spike protein. What this does is if our body gets exposed to Covid-19, it will quickly recognize the spike protein and destroy it before it can make us sick. There is no possibility of getting Covid-19 from the vaccine.
What we still do not know is how long the immunity lasts once we get the vaccine and is it going to help prevent transmission to others.

What we know is the COVID-19 vaccine helps the body fight the coronavirus if infected.

So.....Draw your own conclusions.

Edited by MrsGTRider

5 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Exactly what my doctor friend said...you will be safe  but still able to infect others...we are a ways away from getting rid of our masks....going to need 80% of people vaccinated before that happens...but we will ride next season, it is going to be a hell of a party in 2022 ,better book in advance!!

The only problem is will there be any places to book in 2022.  Here in NY so many places have closed there businesses for good.  The snowmobile/ATV seasons that many depend on  to survive,  were terrible and many couldn’t hold on any longer. And with Cuomo ready to lower the limit again to only 25% capacity at restaurants and bars, that will help finish off the others.  Not good for businesses here in NY. 

5 hours ago, quebec bob said:

The universal wont let me book that far in advance... I'm trying!!!

GutZ

I heard an “expert” today from one of the drug manufacturers say there is absolutely no proof a vaccinated person can still spread COVID mainly because they haven't done any studies with vaccinated folk. That seemed believable to me at this point.

I fully expect some media is saying the opposite with no proof.

7 minutes ago, Triggerhappy said:

The only problem is will there be any places to book in 2022.  Here in NY so many places have closed there businesses for good.  The snowmobile/ATV seasons that many depend on  to survive,  were terrible and many couldn’t hold on any longer. And with Cuomo ready to lower the limit again to only 25% capacity at restaurants and bars, that will help finish off the others.  Not good for businesses here in NY. 

This is a very sad thought, its the small places with big people that you remember the most. 

I hope we all get through this and remember that next year.

GutZ

1 minute ago, EastMark said:

I heard an “expert” today from one of the drug manufacturers say there is absolutely no proof a vaccinated person can still spread COVID mainly because they haven't done any studies with vaccinated folk. That seemed believable to me at this point.

Yes, they have no proof , even a little bit , one way or the other, if you can or cannot spread the virus after getting the vaccine. My guess is if it lives on a metal surface for days and you have the vaccine and someone touches the door handle with the virus on their hand, and then you touch it and then go open your friends car door, it is now on that door handle, the a non vaccinated person opens the door and then touches their face or eats a sandwich, they probably now have it.

3 minutes ago, EastMark said:

LOL, since we only have 7 people vaccinated so far, and none of them have spread the virus, that we know of, therefore we have no proof they will spread the virus.

just makes me chuckle reading flawed or circular logic from "Experts"

We have no proof cigarettes killed anyone... it was the cancer\heart disease\etc that killed them.....

So is that with Cigarettes or from Cigarettes.

We're all screwed!! LOL

GutZ

6 hours ago, quebec bob said:

...but we will ride next season, it is going to be a hell of a party in 2022 ,better book in advance!!

I like the positive thoughts Bob!  Where are you thinking we should hold the Quebec Rider Gathering 2022!  Think positive!!

15 minutes ago, smclelan said:

I like the positive thoughts Bob!  Where are you thinking we should hold the Quebec Rider Gathering 2022!  Think positive!!

No not Positive!!

Oh Wait, Think Positive, Test Negative, dont think you're Positive, that would be Negative....

But if you Test Negative and Think Negative, that would be a Dbl Negative, resulting in a Positive, which would be Negative.

Be Happy!

GutZ

23 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Some where on the central Gaspe, I am sure there are quite a few here who will help organize and find a time when members who do not get a lot of time off could be there and a lot are looking forward to it .

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

No not Positive!!

Oh Wait, Think Positive, Test Negative, dont think you're Positive, that would be Negative....

But if you Test Negative and Think Negative, that would be a Dbl Negative, resulting in a Positive, which would be Negative.

Be Happy!

GutZ

Is there a spinning head emoji?

as far as the QR get together...

make sure the location has: a Telebec phone booth, bottomless bottles of rouge and grosse poutines with extra fromage, a furry friend, and multiple photo ops.  A groomer on hand so we can ensure a white carpet in the morning, and of course Groomer himself with Linda and the rest of the gang.

Speaking of vino....Haven't seen or heard from George since he was last seen last season with a bottle of red wine as tall as he is. Still drinking heavy Im afraid.

Hoping COVID hasn't caught up with him and he is well....and he gets himself in line to be vaccinated soon.

Edited by EastMark

10 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

Is there a spinning head emoji?

as far as the QR get together...

make sure the location has: a Telebec phone booth, bottomless bottles of rouge and grosse poutines with extra fromage, a furry friend, and multiple photo ops.  A groomer on hand so we can ensure a white carpet in the morning, and of course Groomer himself with Linda and the rest of the gang.

bonjour je me souviens !!!

great idea !!! we could stop at my camp  for lunch ....a glass of rouge and have a piece of madame.... '' porcupine '' ham !!!...tasty !!!

jean-guy

12 03 2013 021.jpg

12 03 2013 404.jpg

4 hours ago, EastMark said:

Speaking of vino....Haven't seen or heard from George since he was last seen last season with a bottle of red wine as tall as he is. Still drinking heavy Im afraid.

Hoping COVID hasn't caught up with him and he is well....and he gets himself in line to be vaccinated soon.

George is doing fine.  He still tries to hump the dog. While George's type is a common sight in Quebec, not sure what reaction I would get if I tied him to my front bumper of the sled and took him down a Maine trail. He'd probably scream "too rough, too rough'. And Maine game wardens would bag me for endangering a protected species.