RDL 2021: Plan B

mikerider

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

If you cook like you groom and take pics, we may let you host...you do know most people carry spare gas on their sled!!

bonjour quebec bob !!!

hahaha....not shy to say that ....my grooming and pics are way ahead than my cooking !!!

not much skills in that department !!!

jean-guy

jg 9.jpg

On 12/15/2020 at 5:36 PM, MrsGTRider said:

The Pfizer/Moderna vaccines have the messenger genetic materials that encodes  for the COVID spike protein. When vaccinated ,  our cells will release just the spike protein which will then stimulate our immune system to form antibodies to the Covid spike protein. What this does is if our body gets exposed to Covid-19, it will quickly recognize the spike protein and destroy it before it can make us sick. There is no possibility of getting Covid-19 from the vaccine.
What we still do not know is how long the immunity lasts once we get the vaccine and is it going to help prevent transmission to others.

What we know is the COVID-19 vaccine helps the body fight the coronavirus if infected.

So.....Draw your own conclusions.

Thank you MrsGT!  

1940547579_SociallyDistantSledding.jpg.fedda1d688c66ec6719947c3a02673a8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 7:12 PM, Pipemaster said:

Our first trip up North in Maine. We had the same problem with putting together a bag trip. So far our plan is :

2 nights at 5 Lakes lodge in Millinocket

1 night at Hewes Brook Lodge

1 night at The Inn at Acadia 

1 night at Homestead Lodge

1 night 5 Lakes Lodge

Maybe this will help some. Any input is welcome.

Well plan B fell apart as there is limited snow in Maine. We are now shooting for Feb. 7 and staging a bit further North. Pray for a storm or two ! !

8 minutes ago, mikerider said:

At this point looks like plans C and D are kaput. I would be happy with one 25 mile loop to run around for a couple days just to try out the new sled.

Mike 😁  https://www.google.com/search?q=weather+saturday+ft+kent+maine&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS912US912&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.69i59i450l8.2137913949j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2 hours ago, mikerider said:

At this point looks like plans C and D are kaput. I would be happy with one 25 mile loop to run around for a couple days just to try out the new sled.

That's what happens to us, NEW SLED=NO SNOW, LOL.

But you are taking to the N'th degree!, No Snow, No Border, No Fun!!!

It's All Mikes Fault!!!

LOL

Later

GutZ

57 minutes ago, EastMark said:

We have received our first vaccine...2nd one coming on 2/9.

I am now dreaming of a rule change where vaccinated US folks can cross into Quebec starting 3/1....but then I awaken. 😞

Mark,    No, the vaccine won't get you into Quebec.  But  after the second dose you will be good to sled in New Jersey!

21 hours ago, mikerider said:

Mike,

I hear you on the desire to get a few hundred miles on that new sled.  Keeping our fingers crossed, but after Saturday you may be able to do that in spots in Western and Northern Maine. It won’t be interconnected saddle bag stuff, but hopefully some decent 100 mile runs will be at play.  We don’t need much more here to get things going for some small, local day ride loops. Fort Kent region may be the biggest winner.🤞

RR

Yes it appears a storm coming through many areas Saturday.  While I don't like riding through storms looks like I'm heading to Barrage Grouin from Lac St Ann for Saturday night for my first ride of the season. Will be thinking of all of you as we break trail.

• 8 months later...

Hi Mark.   I'm probably going to be a Maine rider this winter just to play it safe and to hopefully keep the budget more in check. It won't be the same not having a beer with you at RDL.  

You Mark, would make the perfect mayor of Riviere du Loup. You could even tell the kingdom you overthrew the last mayor.

(I was in your neighborhood today paddling Cobbossee).

mike

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2021 at 6:14 AM, EastMark said:

I am thinking Maine (with a possible 3 day pass at some point) as well Mike.

Strange days indeed !

Well….still here in my thinking….although I envision very light traffic in Quebec with many less crossing…..and have a bit of fear of missing out on great trails with nobody on them. Im not gonna lie.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 5:55 PM, quebec bob said:

Yes, they have no proof , even a little bit , one way or the other, if you can or cannot spread the virus after getting the vaccine. My guess is if it lives on a metal surface for days and you have the vaccine and someone touches the door handle with the virus on their hand, and then you touch it and then go open your friends car door, it is now on that door handle, the a non vaccinated person opens the door and then touches their face or eats a sandwich, they probably now have it.

I thought because you have a Mask on u won’t get it!!!😃😆