Favourite Trails

Signfan

It's not even summer yet and the withdrawal is setting in.  Something to pass the time.  Post your top 5 Quebec trails you've ridden and why they make the list.  Pictures are encouraged if you have them.  Here's mine.

1. TQ 83 south of Saguenay towards La Malbaie - open riding and exceptional mountain scenery

2. TQ 63 through the Rouge-Matawin Wildlife Reserve north of Mont Tremblant National Park - just an incredible road.  Big wide and open

3. RT 355 Saint-Joseph-de-Mékinac through to La Tuque - pipeline and awesome access roads 

4. TQ 23 north of L'Etape - great mountain scenery, tons of snow

5. RT 386 Swisha to Pourvoire Pavillon la Verendrye - 160 km of remote riding on great forest access roads.  Really gives you the sense of isolation.  Very little traffic

6. LT 267 Monts Valin East area.  Big wide open road running at elevation with lots of snow

I know I posted 6.  Couldn't makeup my mind.  So many great choices to pick from.  I feel I have lots of exploring left to do in la belle province.

Edited by Signfan

I was thinking of similar, but more of whats your favorite day loops. Next winter the good lord permitting I am looking at changing some from saddlebag runs to having a base and doing loops. I know Miker is the expert on the RDL sector but wondering if others have more areas and good options.

One of my favorite trails if Le Domaine to Val D'or

The original Lepine Road trail was a favorite and frankly any part of the 83

Edited by doo4adoo
spell

1 hour ago, doo4adoo said:

I was thinking of similar, but more of whats your favorite day loops. Next winter the good lord permitting I am looking at changing some from saddlebag runs to having a base and doing loops. I know Miker is the expert on the RDL sector but wondering if others have more areas and good options.

One of my favorite trails if Le Domaine to Val D'or

The original Lepine Road trail was a favorite and frankly any part of the 83

83 has some great sections, my new fav is from Wemotaci to Parent.

If you followed my Riviere du Loup posts this past winter, it is no secret my favorite trail is from Biencourt to Moose Valley. (Thanks to SkiDoo420 for showing me the way). Each time I ride this trail I arrive at Moose Valley with a big smile and I think everyone else that has gone along with me on this trip had the same reaction.

mike

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0015.JPG

There is so many it is hard to choose. Here are a few of mine.

1. North shore of Gaspesie from Saint Anne des Months to Riviere Renaud
  2. 587 trail from Groomers club to the TQ 5
  3. Baie Comeau to Sept Ilse
  4. TQ 93 from Lebel Quevillion to Sennetere
  5. TQ 23 from Saint Raymond north to the Saguenay

Plus about 32,000 other kilometers I did not mention.

Mine going to be very similar to Smclelan’s

1. 587S from Albertville clubhouse south to where it’s connects back up to trail 5 north of PLC. Fast sweepers at the top end and then the beautiful ride through the valley and gorge in the mid to south part.

050B8E43-94F5-46CF-BAE7-482C2C5FB8DF.thumb.jpeg.154cb963ce68070dd0e6cd6b56b2e892.jpeg9753E08B-0F82-4E03-A4BC-F8BE7AB9B34E.thumb.jpeg.6c8d23e8805ecbd5e18a1bcd0592e84b.jpeg

2. Chic Choc trail between LaCache and Murdochville.

F152729C-471A-49F8-80D6-EBB52F62ABE8.thumb.jpeg.1bc61d9f6ee26af3c03679605fc6e9be.jpegEF312492-2E00-45F2-87B3-933E95989434.thumb.jpeg.9027b62182d391463b617592a755ddc1.jpeg

3. Gaspe North Shore, Cap Chat to Mont St Pierre to Rivière Renaud95C59DF2-2373-49E0-BA2A-E06D2DE2BC45.thumb.jpeg.301aa3d1a459a45b5ab3b9943291ceec.jpeg42750080-482F-4C35-A5DB-A772F5E92F50.thumb.jpeg.f354cebad145754918bb260f67bd3250.jpeg

4. “Roller Coaster” between Baie Comeau and Godbout on the Cote Nord

5. Orange Trail north from St Ann du Lac up to 100 du Lac

Very hard to decide.

in no particular order

1. Trail to Mistassini from Chibougamau 

2. Local trail from Forrestville up to Chenail du Nord

3. 373 trail St Ludger to Girardville 

4. TQ3 from Escoumins to Clubhouse then local up to intersection Pel Chat trail.

5. 597 To Murdochville 

honorable mentions (too long to list all)

587 as mentioned by others

M-21 Mattawin 

396 from Matagami to Lebel

396 Matagami to Amos

386 from Louvencourt to Pavilion 

73 from outside La Tuque to Rivere Pierre

i could go on and on. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Very hard to decide.

in no particular order

1. Trail to Mistassini from Chibougamau 

2. Local trail from Forrestville up to Chenail du Nord

3. 373 trail St Ludger to Girardville 

4. TQ3 from Escoumins to Clubhouse then local up to intersection Pel Chat trail.

5. 597 To Murdochville 

honorable mentions (too long to list all)

587 as mentioned by others

M-21 Mattawin 

396 from Matagami to Lebel

396 Matagami to Amos

386 from Louvencourt to Pavilion 

73 from outside La Tuque to Rivere Pierre

i could go on and on. 

#3, 👍

31 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

587S has changed quite a bit over the years.

Green 2008 Magenta 2018

587S_zpse3khwwto.jpg

Excellent point. I personally liked it better before (green) but still ok now just not the as good.

On 5/2/2020 at 7:10 AM, Signfan said:

It's not even summer yet and the withdrawal is setting in.  Something to pass the time.  Post your top 5 Quebec trails you've ridden and why they make the list.  Pictures are encouraged if you have them.  Here's mine.

Bravo!  Thanks for the on-topic topic!  Gotta think...

Thanks for the M-20 ride, was heading out on that trail before we all had to shut down.  That will be on the list early next season,  guess that trail is not much of a secret anymore.

Edited by mccaffrey

1 hour ago, mccaffrey said:

Thanks for the M-20 ride, was heading out on that trail before we all had to shut down.  That will be on the list early next season,  guess that trail is not much of a secret anymore.

I still think people don't take that route.  Whenever I have ridden on it I never see a soul.

Any trail on Gaspe Peninsula is fine with me. Of course the western flat open trials trails are  pretty special too. I do like 93 from La Dore to Quevillon. 

Now where is the M 20 local trail? I just watched the video and. I want to go there. Now all that needs to happen is the snow comes and the groomers need to groom. Be safe all and have a good summer.

15 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

Any trail on Gaspe Peninsula is fine with me. Of course the western flat open trials trails are  pretty special too. I do like 93 from La Dore to Quevillon. 

Now where is the M 20 local trail? I just watched the video and. I want to go there. Now all that needs to happen is the snow comes and the groomers need to groom. Be safe all and have a good summer.

North west of Mattawin.  South of La Tuque.  North East of Saint Michel Des Saints.

George - M20 is the orange trail that goes between 345 and 360.  I rode right past it so many times.  Last year a buddy of mine and I went out of LeCabanon for a couple of days in April.  Finally went on it since we were just riding loops and not out on a bag tour.  It’s a special trail.  

M21 - if I remember correctly, at one time connected up to Windigo?  I don’t know what is up there now?

Thanks guys. It seems that years ago we only rode the major trails and then we found the green trails were great. Now the local trails are just as good as either of the two. I think it shows how proud of the clubs are of their local trails and keep them special.  

8 hours ago, iceman said:

The other honey hole is Kanawata up to Casey then to 83

usually a ripper.

Oh yes it is. Always loved that trail !!

2 hours ago, Signfan said:

Just curious what's 22 km north on the M21 for the trail to exist.

Lots of Chalets, the trail is only way for many to get to their places in winter. You will see many people towing toboggans loaded up to go up to their chalets.

Edited by iceman