Favourite Trails

Signfan

6 hours ago, GSX800 said:

M21 - if I remember correctly, at one time connected up to Windigo?  I don’t know what is up there now?

Airstrip and a bunch of camps at the end of M21.  We have not tried Windigo but you could for sure. They have a nice loop out there for the past 2 years or so at the end of M21. Keep on trucking and you off trail ride to the now dilapidated Chateauvert then onto Repos or Kantawata.

Edited by markusvt

On 5/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, mrgrumpers said:

M-20 Trail, nothing much to say about it.

Thanks for the video eye-candy!

Is that an outhouse on the left at the end?

Might be a nice place for a toy sled on the roof?

2112?...

On 5/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, mrgrumpers said:

M-20 Trail, nothing much to say about it.

qtJK7GU.jpg

Mrgrumpers .....thanks for the ride!!!! It’s awesome that somebody has a “virtual” of the whole trail. I fast forwarded threw most of it...welll....because I almost know every section by heart. (Almost). But I definitely WILL refer to this on the off season to bring back so many years of memories on that trail. 

On 5/5/2020 at 11:12 AM, mrgrumpers said:

I still think people don't take that route.  Whenever I have ridden on it I never see a soul.

Yeah...that used to be the case but the cats been “out of the bag” for a couple years or more now. In recent years there has been more and more people (mostly local Quebecr’s) parking in Matawin and blasting to the Repos and back. In fact this year it got worse yet. Someone up on one of the camps on M21 had some new owners (or guests...I’m just guessing)  Two mid -late “twenty something” dudes that were there all season and thrashed the shit out of the M21 ((top to bottom) and would go down to the M20 and thrash about too. It literally blew my mind as they seemed to always be the first ones on the trail after the groomer passed. Almost like they were sitting at the cabin ready to launch and NEVER seemed short on fuel ??? I took it especially hard because after seeing the M20 get a little more beaten up in recent years we always still had the relative solitude of the M21. In the last 17 years of going to my buddy Andres place (End of M21 on the airstrip) I have NEVER seen BOTH  trails beat up so bad and I was in/out of there a half dozen (or more) times this year. One time I was on it ONE DAY after it had been groomed and because of warm temps it was literally hosed. Could NOT believe it. Possibly  the worst I have ever ridden it. So if you were on it this year and had a good ride....God bless you...because I say “ you got lucky” with the timing. 

On 5/5/2020 at 8:00 PM, iceman said:

Lots of Chalets, the trail is only way for many to get to their places in winter. You will see many people towing toboggans loaded up to go up to their chalets.

Edited by snowmaster2112
Spell

On 5/5/2020 at 11:25 AM, iceman said:

The other honey hole is Kanawata up to Casey then to 83

usually a ripper.

Yeah....one of my favs for sure and ANOTHER one that was surprisingly beat more than usual this year.

some dudes (I’m guessing out of Casey and Kanawata both) with long track mountain sleds decided it would be cool to run that whole section and jump off the sides and back onto the trail again....OVER and OVER and OVER the entire way. And they were out there more than once this season. 

On 5/6/2020 at 2:42 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Thanks for the video eye-candy!

Is that an outhouse on the left at the end?

Might be a nice place for a toy sled on the roof?

2112?...

Ya know Playhard..... that fu$&in toy sled was gone 6 days later when I came back through. Maybe it didn’t even last a day or two....who knows. I would have bet that everyone would have left it alone because IMO just looked cool as shit there. Hope who ever took it has bad luck with it. 

• 2 weeks later...