Connexionao Magnetic Cord Connectors

Signfan

https://www.connexionao.ca/Welcome.H.htm

Anyone on here running these?  How do they work?  Any issues with them coming apart while riding?  I see ski-doo just came out with a similar product that incorporates the heated visor cord and tether all in one.  It's not compatible with rev-xs sleds though, so this looks  to be a good 2nd best for anyone not riding a g4 rev.  Just looking for folks experience with this product good or bad.

Edited by Signfan

I don't want to bash this new product but I heard too many bad comments last season not to mention it.  The idea is great but the product does not seems to fill the promise yet. The first version sold last fall was poor quality and they came with a version #2 with a free exchange program for the version #1 buyers (which is great) but from the comments I read, the version #2 is not perfect yet. Poor contact, disconnect too easily and broken wires are the comments I have heard. Maybe they will come with a #3 version that will be more reliable...

Here a french post on this for those who read french: connexion ao cmiq post

Edited by towing

Too bad they are questionable.   Seems like a really good idea.  Perhaps version 3 may work better.  

It's a tough decision.  Larger magnet has more weight increasing fatigue at connecting areas. Smaller magnet has less force causing it to disconnect.  Maybe change choice of magnet? 

On 5/20/2020 at 10:32 PM, towing said:

I don't want to bash this new product but I heard too many bad comments last season not to mention it.  The idea is great but the product does not seems to fill the promise yet. The first version sold last fall was poor quality and they came with a version #2 with a free exchange program for the version #1 buyers (which is great) but from the comments I read, the version #2 is not perfect yet. Poor contact, disconnect too easily and broken wires are the comments I have heard. Maybe they will come with a #3 version that will be more reliable...

Here a french post on this for those who read french: connexion ao cmiq post

Sounds like they also made the oxygen shield.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:31 AM, Signfan said:

Well I'm disappointed, but happy to hear the truth.  I was buying these for both our sleds, but will hold off for now.  Thanks guys.

I know skidoo this year is offering a similiar device, kinda like the one on the oxygen helmet and it incorporates the tether.

( But will only work on Doo )

I'll see if I can find the video and post it.

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

8 hours ago, NSHM said:

Sounds like they also made the oxygen shield.

Lol,

In all fairness Ski-doo did stand behind their product with free replacements.  It's by far the best helmet I've ever owned.  No intention of switching to anything else anytime soon.