Winter Numbers 2020

iceman

From the Intrepid Snowmobiler

BREAKING NEWS: A release today from the International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association (ISMA), revealed these interesting North American numbers from the past winter:
New snowmobile sales remained steady in the US (51,036 units) & Canada (43,535 units).
The average age of a snowmobiler was 45 years of age.
Approximately 84% of snowmobilers are males and 16% female.
Snowmobilers spend an average of about $3,500 per family on snowmobiling activities (not including the purchase of a snowmobile & trailer).  
Snowmobiling contributed $9.3 Billion in economic activity across Canada.
Snowmobiling generated over $30 Billion in economic activity across North America.

12 minutes ago, hparaptor said:

Nice.  Thank you for sharing. 

Has something been produced for ATV (side x side, sport, utility...) use? Would be interesting to see the comparison.   Expectation is this is growing 

Is it still?  Or has it plateaued?  A lot more competition for the powersports dollars in the summer.  I can choose from boating, jetski's, motorcycles / trikes and atv / side by side.  Definately a larger market being all of North America vs just the north though.  The sport is definately changing with the shift from ATV's to side by sides.  I'd be interested to see if there really is growth there still though.  Probably is dollar wise due to the price of the larger units.  I'd question if unit volume is keeping pace.  I personally don't see as many atv - side by side units locally in the summer as you see sleds in the winter.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:14 PM, iceman said:

Snowmobiling contributed $9.3 Billion in economic activity across Canada

And I am one of many hoping to get that money back in the hands of all our Canadian friends SOONER than later!!

I still have money, as in Canadian, left from last year. David has a Canadian friend he does work for and  is getting paid with  Canadian funds.  Does that tell you what our plans are.

I got over the border with a few hours to spare in late March, my last stop was at the bank to get a good exchange rate for next season, my sleds are already in the trailer, hope it is headed North and not West!!

On 5/28/2020 at 9:14 PM, iceman said:

The average age of a snowmobiler was 45 years of age...Snowmobilers spend an average of about $3,500

Turns out, I'm above average!

Mom always said I was special!

(As she put me on the little bus)

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Turns out, I'm above average!

Mom always said I was special!

(As she put me on the little bus)

LOL!!!

3500.00 that was for the week we went tubing, shopping, Winter Carnival, in QC , then a Family Sled trip at LSJ!!

And it was a great time and would have spent double!!!

So I'm Extra Special!!

GutZ

15 hours ago, MrGutz said:

LOL!!!

3500.00 that was for the week we went tubing, shopping, Winter Carnival, in QC , then a Family Sled trip at LSJ!!

And it was a great time and would have spent double!!!

So I'm Extra Special!!

GutZ

I am not going to look, and I am definitely hiding it from my wife, I may have spent that on gas and oil last season!!