Why not? It’s all his fault right?

iceman

24 minutes ago, iceman said:

F9E8B9F0-5CB1-42F6-AF51-A33BBB66DE72.thumb.jpeg.771736a665766a1dc38338a03f3b2763.jpeg

I try not to voice political views online, as it tends to be misconstrued....

But... I saw this on the news... WTF! really!!! WTF!!!

You make the rules and then claim you did not know..... 

I waited 5 months for a haircut, knew the rules, etc.... Maybe I should run for Congress.....

Later

GutZ

A bit off topic but,  Unemployment  Insurance is funded by taxes paid by employers not the employees.

"The federal-state unemployment insurance system (UI) helps many people who have lost their jobs by temporarily replacing part of their wages while they look for work.  Created in 1935, it is a form of social insurance in which taxes collected from employers are paid into the system on behalf of working people to provide them with income support if they lose their jobs."

"At the state level, there are two factors in calculating SUI tax: wage base and SUI tax rate. New employer rates generally range from 2-4%."

"At the federal level, employers also must pay an unemployment tax, called the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA)."

Regardless of who technically pays the UI, everyone in the food-chain pays. And there are UI checks & balances intended to right-size rates based on consumption. More claims = more premiums.

So what about the sh*tstorm when rates get jacked, and the Employer can prove they recalled their Employees back to work, but Employees happen to watch the wrong newsfeed and chose to "Stay Home & Save Lives"?

..."employers may be wondering whether COVID-19-related unemployment claims will cause a spike in their state unemployment tax rate. For some employers, the answer is “no.” Others, however, aren’t so lucky and can expect an increase in their SUTA tax rate.

...In most states, only the employer pays SUTA tax. However, a few states require both employers and employees to pay SUTA tax.

...Generally, states set SUTA tax rates according to the nature of the employer’s business, the length of time the employer has been in business, and the number of benefits drawn on the employer’s unemployment account. For this reason, SUTA tax rates often vary by employer.

...Normally, the more unemployment benefits drawn on your account, the higher your SUTA rate. And with the COVID-19 pandemic having caused unemployment claims to soar, whether your SUTA rate will escalate as a result is a legitimate concern. To know whether your SUTA rate will increase because of COVID-19-related unemployment claims, contact your state’s unemployment/workforce agency.

...Most states send employers their SUTA rate for the following year by the end of the current year. Because these employers’ SUTA rates for 2020 have already been established, rate increases caused by COVID-19-related claims won’t happen until January 2021."

873818660_HelmetFace.png.e61d63886057fe47fb1d7955b7d7a9bd.png

18 hours ago, MrGutz said:

I try not to voice political views online, as it tends to be misconstrued....

But... I saw this on the news... WTF! really!!! WTF!!!

You make the rules and then claim you did not know..... 

I waited 5 months for a haircut, knew the rules, etc.... Maybe I should run for Congress.....

"MrGutz/Ticked-Off-Vic 2024!"

1 hour ago, T3R3 said:

A bit off topic but,  Unemployment  Insurance is funded by taxes paid by employers not the employees.

"The federal-state unemployment insurance system (UI) helps many people who have lost their jobs by temporarily replacing part of their wages while they look for work.  Created in 1935, it is a form of social insurance in which taxes collected from employers are paid into the system on behalf of working people to provide them with income support if they lose their jobs."

"At the state level, there are two factors in calculating SUI tax: wage base and SUI tax rate. New employer rates generally range from 2-4%."

"At the federal level, employers also must pay an unemployment tax, called the Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA)."

You are 100% correct, employers pay 100% of unemployment, a program controlled by the government, where no employee pays in, most employees THINK they pay for it, but employers pay the whole bill.