La Bisonneiere St Prosper

iceman

So it begins,  Relais Bisonneire (Relais Bison)  gone lost to Covid. 

One less Relais, surely will not be the last one we lose sadly.

http://www.lhebdomekinacdeschenaux.ca/la-bisonniere-emportee-par-la-pandemie/

I love this sport and the people who work so hard to provide us with the best experience you could ever ask for. I know this list will grow and probably we will lose some in very strategic locations that could put a real hurt on all that has been established over the years. Back in March when we left a month on the table, none of us saw this coming like it has, many were saying it was a year to remember.....hope that is true...and we all get to ride soon. We all are now realizing how special what we have had really was or is. If the trail system survives this and we are back this season, I will cherish every mile and minute of it , my hope is that everyone digs deep to help all these folks out when it returns. It is sad to see the success of these hard working folks being lost and completely out of their control.I would imagine outside of places like Parent where there are residents, it is nearly impossible to survive unless you have deep pockets, I look at places like Kanawata without any customers, how do you survive, just close down and come back to what ever is there when it is over, to see if it has been ransacked?? I don't even like thinking about it.I am hoping and praying for the best for our friends.

• 4 months later...

Get ready for the new normal, Quebec is in their Red alert warning the last few weeks and judging by the number of positive cases growing we are probably going to stay that way through the winter months. So get ready for all the Relais’ and warm up shelters to be closed, restaurants will be on take out service only so keep this In mind, leaving in the morning in bitter cold temps riding till lunch time still in bitter cold temps you’ll have to order your lunch from a take out window and return to your sled with your lunch on a styrofoam tray with a plastic fork. Nothing wrong with that if your willing to respect the Covid law, something to look forward too.

Then there are the old way of doing things, the ways of our parents days of riding did, make a camp fire and warm up our prepared lunch. Die hards only!!

9 hours ago, Trailblazer said:

Get ready for the new normal, Quebec is in their Red alert warning the last few weeks and judging by the number of positive cases growing we are probably going to stay that way through the winter months. So get ready for all the Relais’ and warm up shelters to be closed, restaurants will be on take out service only so keep this In mind, leaving in the morning in bitter cold temps riding till lunch time still in bitter cold temps you’ll have to order your lunch from a take out window and return to your sled with your lunch on a styrofoam tray with a plastic fork. Nothing wrong with that if your willing to respect the Covid law, something to look forward too.

Then there are the old way of doing things, the ways of our parents days of riding did, make a camp fire and warm up our prepared lunch. Die hards only!!

Gas and quick snack at Depanneur and move on.

Lunch is overrated. 

The Worst will be no going to get breakfast at hotels, with dining rooms closed. So before heading in for the night need to grab something extra for the morning to eat before starting the day. 

Dinner not a problem can order food delivery right to room almost anywhere. Almost but not everywhere. So just need to think it through. 

I am more worried they will just pull the plug and close the trails like last year only this year before they even really open. 

Gonna be alot of pissed off people who bought trail passes, but nothing they will be able to do about it. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Gas and quick snack at Depanneur and move on.

Lunch is overrated. 

The Worst will be no going to get breakfast at hotels, with dining rooms closed. So before heading in for the night need to grab something extra for the morning to eat before starting the day. 

Dinner not a problem can order food delivery right to room almost anywhere. Almost but not everywhere. So just need to think it through. 

I am more worried they will just pull the plug and close the trails like last year only this year before they even really open. 

Gonna be alot of pissed off people who bought trail passes, but nothing they will be able to do about it. 

I’m pretty confident they will not close the trails but you’re right need to think ahead for meals, what ever you fancy.

You could always roll like Snowmaster does at least in the northern areas, cardboard bottle of wine and a frozen microwave pizza. We had to wait for him to run into the store in Chapais so he could get his groceries for the day 🙂

food.jpg

The COVID-19 fallout will continue no doubt.  It won't make any sense for many of the places to even consider to stay open with no bar and takeout only, and possible smaller numbers of folks on the trail.  I really hope they can rebound for 2021/2022.