Time to Give Back to Quebec

mikerider

Thanks to Operation Warp Speed there is hope for a vaccine.  Undeniable.  Just as undeniable as widespread voter fraud.  DC is THE circus.  The circus may never leave.   Certainly not any time soon if Creepy Sleepy Big Guy and the demented diabolical democrats are finally able to complete their coup of lies against the man the American public elected to try to clean it up. By the way Big Guy says masks are better and Cuomo doesn't want Trump's vaccine efforts.  Just keep sending the sick to nursing homes and let Fauci and family watch the Super Bowl without their masks.

3 hours ago, actionjack said:

Thanks to Operation Warp Speed there is hope for a vaccine.  Undeniable.  Just as undeniable as widespread voter fraud.  DC is THE circus.  The circus may never leave.   Certainly not any time soon if Creepy Sleepy Big Guy and the demented diabolical democrats are finally able to complete their coup of lies against the man the American public elected to try to clean it up. By the way Big Guy says masks are better and Cuomo doesn't want Trump's vaccine efforts.  Just keep sending the sick to nursing homes and let Fauci and family watch the Super Bowl without their masks.

In case you are not aware, the Pfizer company denies ANY tie in with Operation Warp Speed or accepting any federal money. The outgoing Vice President attempted to claim it was due to Trump's efforts which was very swiftly rebutted by Pfizer. I not sure about the rest of your rant although I have extended you the courtesy of reading it a few times just to see if I could make sense of it.

1 hour ago, slomo said:

In case you are not aware, the Pfizer company denies ANY tie in with Operation Warp Speed or accepting any federal money. The outgoing Vice President attempted to claim it was due to Trump's efforts which was very swiftly rebutted by Pfizer. I not sure about the rest of your rant although I have extended you the courtesy of reading it a few times just to see if I could make sense of it.

The New York Times described the partnership as ‘part of what the White House calls the Warp Speed project’ in July. 

THE New York Times NO LESS

Edited by actionjack

THIS IS COMPLETELY EMBLEMATIC OF THE BULLSHIT TIMES WE LIVE IN.   I was very tempted to remove the name calling until I dug even a little more.

"As NPR reported in July, the government reached a deal for nearly two billion dollars to help distribute the vaccine. Pfizer’s own press release in July announced that the U.S. government placed an initial order of 100 million doses for $1.95 billion. No money went specifically into the vaccine’s research and development, but Pfizer absolutely did take government money, and was forced to walk back Jansen’s statement."

I originally started this post as a way to maybe help and thank the people of Quebec for their kindness they extend to us Americans who visit their beautiful country each winter.

Let's keep it on topic and stay a family that gets along. 

2 hours ago, mikerider said:

I originally started this post as a way to maybe help and thank the people of Quebec for their kindness they extend to us Americans who visit their beautiful country each winter.

Let's keep it on topic and stay a family that gets along. 

Thanks Mike for pulling this thread back to the original theme.

Hello everyone! Just doing the same, waiting for the season...dreaming of snow and planning! Thanks to Jean-Guy for all his years! I will send you my little donation to the Quebec Riding at Christmas time and a little extra for the Auberge!

78E22610-44B1-4B27-A8B1-C984893AC620.jpeg

Edited by lindasledgirl

On 10/31/2020 at 6:09 AM, slomo said:

There was a time in Ontario when the remote club in Dubreuilville was in danger of loosing club status as they would not get 50 permits purchased through their club. A number of us who didn't ride there bought there and they got their 50. (permit money is now distributed differently)

This came to mind with the pandemic this year, so I emailed the FCMQ to see if any remote clubs were, as we say "sucking the hind tit". They recommended a certain club on the north shore. I ride all over the place with no particular club preference, so when I bought my trail pass, I put their number down on the form. I will be getting another pass before December 1st, so will be engaging with the same strategy. 

Might be something to consider if you are purchasing a couple of passes and traditionally buy from some of the more popular clubs in Launardierre, Chaudierre Apallache, etc. where populations are larger and many people purchase through those clubs.

BTW - permit purchase was very smooth this year and insurance rebate arrived promptly as well. 

I'm looking at this as an incentive to visit a region of Quebec that I may not have previously considered...quite a long trip from where I am, but have always wanted to see that bridge!

After all, it is the trails and the clubs that build them that lead to the businesses. 

giveback01.jpg.83d6ed4235d4ee80eab5a7d454359f3b.jpg

In some ways there may be a silver lining to the border closing...our American friends will re-discover snowmobiling choices in their own country ....we have already seen good information shared about Maine and other areas. Myself, I am on a email feed for Pittsburg Ridge Runners in New Hampshire, and totally impressed with the community effort behind sledding there, would like to get there sometime as well as other areas if and when there is snow.

1 hour ago, NSHM said:

We have discovered them.....why do you think we ride Quebec? ....just Saying

Best in the world, but if you are in this site I am not telling you something you dont already know. Gonna be a tough season.  By April I will be shaking like a crack addict that needs his fix!!!!!

On 11/9/2020 at 10:51 AM, GT Rider said:

There is some good news about vaccines today. Hopefully this virus is going to be behind us. 

I received my trail pass today as well.

Here’s to better days ahead.

85FF3123-AD20-459C-8204-084981D178AB.jpeg

Just remember old guys (like me & Mike) get priority on the vaccine. You & Mrs. GT are still young!

21 hours ago, NSHM said:

We have discovered them.....why do you think we ride Quebec? ....just Saying

19 hours ago, 800steve said:

Best in the world, but if you are in this site I am not telling you something you dont already know. Gonna be a tough season.  By April I will be shaking like a crack addict that needs his fix!!!!!

I know one guy in Ohio going to head out west to Yellowstone. Places out that way. There must be some decent sledding in Minnesota, Wisconson, or other states just south of the Canadian border? A bit of a drive from the east, but extra vacation and planning might provide "different" destinations. If you have no other choice...