Trail Permits

Signfan

Anyone heard what Quebec is doing for permits and pricing this year?  Any new ideas?  Ontario just took a stab at it with sales planned to start a month earlier than other years and a promise of a rebate program should the system get shut-down due to Covid.

https://www.ofsc.on.ca/2020/08/20/ofsc-announces-benefits-for-early-permit-buyers/

Will be interesting to see how Quebec and New Brunswick go about their sales this year.

48 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Anyone heard what Quebec is doing for permits and pricing this year?  Any new ideas?  Ontario just took a stab at it with sales planned to start a month earlier than other years and a promise of a rebate program should the system get shut-down due to Covid.

https://www.ofsc.on.ca/2020/08/20/ofsc-announces-benefits-for-early-permit-buyers/

Will be interesting to see how Quebec and New Brunswick go about their sales this year.

I read that Ont press release today. The way I read it they want you to buy early $190 pass and if covid shuts the season down early you get a $50 credit for next year. Wonder worst case, covid shuts the season before it even starts Will it still only be a $50 credit?

I haven’t heard of any news from FCMQ other than they cancelled their annual convention normally in September.

Got this by email this morning, not talking about trail passes, but any messaging is a good sign:

News from the FCMQ
As you might expect, the 2020-2021 season will be somewhat different than what we are used to, due to COVID-19. Faced with this situation where we are somewhat more constrained and by sanitary handling measure, the FCMQ had little choice but to make the difficult decision not to proceed with the printing of the Guide des services and the card. of provincial trails this year.
We recommend that you consult the interactive map or obtain the iMotoneige application in order to obtain all the information necessary for planning your hikes.
We thank you for your understanding regarding this service disruption.

6 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Got this by email this morning, not talking about trail passes, but any messaging is a good sign:

News from the FCMQ
As you might expect, the 2020-2021 season will be somewhat different than what we are used to, due to COVID-19. Faced with this situation where we are somewhat more constrained and by sanitary handling measure, the FCMQ had little choice but to make the difficult decision not to proceed with the printing of the Guide des services and the card. of provincial trails this year.
We recommend that you consult the interactive map or obtain the iMotoneige application in order to obtain all the information necessary for planning your hikes.
We thank you for your understanding regarding this service disruption.

Hmmm. A bit perplexing. 

The decision was taken to suspend the publication of the province-wide map and accompanying service guide as the two of them were expensive to produce and of questionable utility.    When it comes to hard copy, most people prefer the regional maps anyway.  Unfortunately, in the Outaouais region, we were also forced to suspend publication of this season's regional map because, with all the uncertainty, the sponsors just weren't interested in jumping on board.

However, iMotoneige will be continually updated, and trail and equipment preparation is proceeding as per usual.  The ability of those in the hospitality industry to accommodate us is still an open question.  There might be a whole lot of trailside munching going on!

2 hours ago, Cnc said:

I tend to use the interactive map installed in my brain coupled with trail signs and I motoneige. Can’t remember the last time I unfolded a map trail side anyway.

Ditto

57 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Paper maps are to spread out on the bed in the room each night to review and change the previous route planned..

Ditto again