386 and 63 Closure

Signfan

On 11/26/2020 at 2:56 PM, Je me souviens said:

Sweet new Pisten Bully.   Complete with a hedge trimmer that means business...

You know ... the PB seems "brand new" to us too but, coincidentally, my five year facebook message today was us saying goodbye to our Gilbert/Valtra (it went to a club in the good ol' U S of A).  The Pisten Bully arrived a few days later.  Five years .... now where the hell did THEY go??!!

003.JPG

On 11/26/2020 at 3:31 PM, smclelan said:

Nice looking machine. Is that an auxiliary engine on back to run the side cutter?

You're absolutely right.  A 38 hp fuel injected Kohler with a remotely controlled solenoid to start and stop the blades.  The positioning of the cutter is done using the hydraulics for the wings on the blade.  They are sold by the Québec distributor for Pisten Bully, Mécanique J. Clair and they are super folks to deal with.  I believe the unit itself is manufactured by one of J. Clair's local machine shops, Usinage JS.  There are additional videos of the brusher on Louis Dufour's channel.  P.S.  I don't know what the hurry is ... are those guys not paid by the hour?? PP.S. If videos promoting non-members are frowned upon, feel free to delete the following:

Edited by Gullyrider

On 11/28/2020 at 7:59 AM, skidoo420 said:

WOW the video says it all. Nice machine 

So true... if you look at Dufour's channel, he's got a few of a unit in the process of being installed in the shop, along with a few others where it's sitting outside and "flexing"!  Anyway, I'll get back with a report once we get this baby rockin' .. 

Edited by Gullyrider