registration plate fixture-UPDATE

slomo

I RECEIVED A VERY COMPREHENSIVE RESPONSE TO A QUERY ADDRESSED TO THE FCMQ. YOU CAN SEE IT BELOW IN A WORD DOCUMENT

This post is probably unnecessary as most people I have talked to have had no problems with the trail police and the fixture of a registration plate on the tunnel (or lack of it) but there seems to be some stirring of the pot regards the passing of Quebec Bill 71 and its possible implications. Here is the legislation as of May 2020. If you feel it is necessary print it off and carry it with you.

pic01.jpg.fe3402b8e47e826d726d15ba421036e0.jpg

pic02.jpg.5189a0e8ec302ad3c6f4c45685794dd9.jpg

pic03.jpg.2984205075d24ddf4a3167da47e94d60.jpg

pic04.jpg.8b4c9bc3628feef7a0b71def4af46a3a.jpg

So, if your particular government allows Quebec registered sleds to operate in your region, county, province, country etc. with the legislated placement in Quebec, you are allowed vice versa when visiting. 

Edited by slomo

As mentioned above, the document clears up what the FCMQ wishes to change while the debate around Bill 71 continues. There are email addresses to which to respond to state your support of their initiatives in this regard. It is interesting reading for all those who snowmobile in Quebec. I am also particularly impressed with the comprehensive response to my email which suggests that the FCMQ is a great supporter of its clientele. 

fcmq sled stickers.docx

Placement of the registration plate has always seemed like getting too picky for nothing. That part of this document is really nothing new. On the rear / on the left rear part of the tunnel, It’s not like a cop is going to be able to read it on a moving sled. All registration checks obviously have to be done stopped and snow rubbed off to find it. On one of my older sleds I have the QC plate on the right And have been stopped numerous times, only once did an officer tell me it should be on the left, but went on to tell me since I already drilled holes for it, next sled I buy put it on the right. Last time I was stopped they didn’t even look or want to see the plate, where’s your pass?, you got mirrors, good, flash your break light for me, good, ok go.