Fuel Stops - Les Escoumins to Sept Illes

Signfan

Just into some route planning.  What is available for fuel stops on this run?  Do we have to go right into Forestville for fuel?  Or is there something on the outskirts on the main TQ 3 trail?  Also is there fuel in Godbout?  Or do we grab fuel in Baie -Trinite?  Looking at the map and there doesn't seem to be a service trail into Baie-Trinite.  Do we just pop down the road there?  I have a bad habit of running past towns assuming I'll find gas on the trail.  Trying to do better this year.

2 hours ago, MrGutz said:

haha, Trip Planning:

-Drive north on 91.

-Turn Around at border.

-Shed Tear....

-Drive Home....

-Review 2021-22 Trail Maps.....

GutZ

Hmm we'll see.  My original prediction in the border crossing pool was April.  With all the vaccine news recently maybe it will come true.  Catch the one last ride before the snow melts.  Have to remain optimistic.

We did the Cote Nord run last winter. Started in Sacre Coueur, rode to Sept-iles and back.

lf staying in Baie Comeau the La Manoir Hotel is a very good spot to stay. Much nicer than the Travel Lodge. 

Sept-lies is a very modern town with newer hotels. We stayed at the Comfort Inn which is on the north side of high way. Good access from the trail. Just had to scoot across a couple of large parking lots to reach the hotel.There is a Best Western is on the south side of the highway. The highway is a very busy four lane didvided road. Not the handiest to get to on sled especially if hadn't had any snow in the past few days.

Gas up at the places already mentioned.

This is a great trip,  i have done in many times. Les Escoumins to Baie Comeau is a great run lots of nice trail and great variety.  Baie Comeau to Godbout is often referred to as a rollercoaster ride, lots of ups and downs with many twists and turns.  Godbout to Sept Iles is just awesome running all the way. A great ride you would never regret doing and will want to do again.

5 minutes ago, smclelan said:

This is a great trip,  i have done in many times. Les Escoumins to Baie Comeau is a great run lots of nice trail and great variety.  Baie Comeau to Godbout is often referred to as a rollercoaster ride, lots of ups and downs with many twists and turns.  Godbout to Sept Iles is just awesome running all the way. A great ride you would never regret doing and will want to do again.

Thanks.  I'd heard similar comments elsewhere.  This and the Gaspe are on the bucket list (and lots of others of course).  Is there much traffic on this route?  Much difference weekend vs weekday?  Only discouraging part is no loops, but the linear route out and back still looks fun.

I ran this trail last March, stayed at the complex Pelchat in Les Escoumins, there’s a nice restaurant and fuel next door. The gas station in Baie Trinity Is easily accessible from the trail and actually has good sandwiches and such, for a quick lunch. Hotel Les Mouettes in Sept Illes is easily accessible and very close to Mike’s restaurant and a large IGA grocery store, best part is they have a full service bar and a great staff!

9B2E1D0A-1BC7-47C9-A6DD-A031368BE9B2.jpeg

Edited by Miles long
Misspell

24 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Thanks.  I'd heard similar comments elsewhere.  This and the Gaspe are on the bucket list (and lots of others of course).  Is there much traffic on this route?  Much difference weekend vs weekday?  Only discouraging part is no loops, but the linear route out and back still looks fun.

Very little traffic , especially during the week. Seems that most people use the trails to access their cabins in the bush.

28 minutes ago, Miles long said:

I ran this trail last March, stayed at the complex Pelchat in Les Escoumins, there’s a nice restaurant and fuel next door. The gas station in Baie Trinity Is easily accessible from the trail and actually has good sandwiches and such, for a quick lunch. Hotel Les Mouettes in Sept Illes is easily accessible and very close to Mike’s restaurant and a large IGA grocery store, best part is they have a full service bar and a great staff!

9B2E1D0A-1BC7-47C9-A6DD-A031368BE9B2.jpeg

Wouldn't want to blow that corner.  A lot of water skipping to make the other shore.

51 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Only discouraging part is no loops, but the linear route out and back still looks fun.

Look at it this way.....All the right turns going up are lefts coming back and vice versa. So essentially a whole different ride.

keep in mind also, if you get a big storm you are in for some extra fun. Some long sections between stops and takes a day or two before they may groom it open 

Edited by iceman

4 hours ago, iceman said:

Look at it this way.....All the right turns going up are lefts coming back and vice versa. So essentially a whole different ride.

keep in mind also, if you get a big storm you are in for some extra fun. Some long sections between stops and takes a day or two before they may groom it open 

Good call.

Its been a few years since we have been out there but it is a nice ride with not much traffic.  Hotel Les Mouettes in Sept Illes is our choice.  We prefer the local hotels vs the chains.  You get a better taste for Quebec that way.

The trip back is still the same trail you rode out but you're looking at the other side of the trees, so its different!  😁

Unfortunately, I'm not real optimistic about Canada being open to us, U.S.

Jack & Sandi