Here is to hoping

iceman

Hope is not a plan for sure,

With that said hearing rumblings of a plan to re-open border to USA with a rapid Covid test required for entry. 24 hour quarantine while awaiting results, then good to go.

cannot confirm this as solid but thought I would throw it out to you.

There has been talk of this with air traffic and a pilot is occurring in Alberta.  I know Ontario was looking at it as well  From what I understand the traveler has to foot the bill for the test and has to come get a second test in a weeks time.  Would be a major improvement.

Edited by Signfan

I will be surprised if something like this does not happen by the 1st of the year, everything is advancing quickly now, help is really just around the corner, I think we should be ready, we will probably get to ride some time this season.

I can see this for Canadians going more freely from province to province.  I highly doubt the US/Can border opening for many months.

Heard on the radio two days ago Trudeau plans to keep the border closed for some time to come.  

I believe the flight thing is mainly for Canadians.  That saying doesn't mean it can't change.  They are saying the US will see the vaccine a month ahead of us up here.  I could see opening it up to anyone with proof of vaccination.  Canada has a vested interest in getting it opened back up.  Will hsve to be in a very scientific way though to gain approval of the public here.  Lots of folks have no interest in seeing it opened until a solution is implemented in the US.  It's not just the US either.  It's pretty much all countries that the border is closed to.

27 minutes ago, Signfan said:

I believe the flight thing is mainly for Canadians.  That saying doesn't mean it can't change.  They are saying the US will see the vaccine a month ahead of us up here.  I could see opening it up to anyone with proof of vaccination.  Canada has a vested interest in getting it opened back up.  Will hsve to be in a very scientific way though to gain approval of the public here.  Lots of folks have no interest in seeing it opened until a solution is implemented in the US.  It's not just the US either.  It's pretty much all countries that the border is closed to.

I think your right, Legault certainly won’t be in a hurry to want the border opened up, we in Quebec For Christmas are allowed To have a maximum of 10 people gather for Christmas only during a 4 day period and are being asked to quarantine for a week in advance and a week after. Numbers are up and will certainly be up higher after Christmas. If Québecers are still dealing with these restrictions and no vaccine till later in the new year, I can see them being resentful big time if the gov starts opening up the border to non essential visitors.