Where am I?

smclelan

On 12/1/2020 at 4:00 PM, groomer said:

bonsoir !!!

mine.....free grosse poutine extra fromage for the winnner !!!

jean-guy

DSC_7848.JPG

OMG its so weird that you posted this picture because I remember this exact spot!!  Our first trip to Gaspe it snowed.  And snowed.  We were following single tracks in the morning.  When we got to this, we went straight.  It looked as if no one had groomed at all the trail to left.  So we went straight.  Up the hill on right was a shack of some sort where we were told this was not the direction we wanted.  Others sledders starting to do same thing we did.  Went back, got on a road, ended up in a old church of some kind that had food.  Ate and at this point others had been through and told us which direction to go.

Next trip to Gaspe we stopped at this point and it looked like this picture.  It was amazing the snow and how it changed the landscape!!!

Thanks for posting Groomer!

19 hours ago, Sled Dog said:

What I thought...only one I've guessed!  I've been to a lot of these places but it all seems to blend together!  Wonder how that place is doing...thought the owner was an older gentleman.  His grandson or something like that was helping him with it?  This was a couple years ago.  Neat place.

These pics are really making me miss Quebec this year!!  But keep them coming!

Seems the trail is closed that would take you by them 

Screenshot_20201211-165738_iMotoneige.jpg

1 hour ago, Sled Dog said:

OMG its so weird that you posted this picture because I remember this exact spot!!  Our first trip to Gaspe it snowed.  And snowed.  We were following single tracks in the morning.  When we got to this, we went straight.  It looked as if no one had groomed at all the trail to left.  So we went straight.  Up the hill on right was a shack of some sort where we were told this was not the direction we wanted.  Others sledders starting to do same thing we did.  Went back, got on a road, ended up in a old church of some kind that had food.  Ate and at this point others had been through and told us which direction to go.

Next trip to Gaspe we stopped at this point and it looked like this picture.  It was amazing the snow and how it changed the landscape!!!

Thanks for posting Groomer!

bonsoir sled dog !!!

happy that my pic bring you memories...

here s one of last march taken at the ex st fidele clubhouse .......next to intersection ...

jean-guy

DSC_7853.JPG

st f-3.jpg

st f-1.jpg

Is that the church we went to do you think?  I don't remember how long we on the road.  The trail ended up not being far from the church.  I can remember seeing the trail and thinking, "this is gonna be a long day!"  Then, in the distance we see sled headlights.  We waited and then a orange Crossfire with a bunch of other riders appears.  The guy on the Crossfire busts through the bank, stops, opens his shield and yells, "Vive la Canada!!!"

It was awesome!!

1 minute ago, Sled Dog said:

Is that the church we went to do you think?  I don't remember how long we on the road.  The trail ended up not being far from the church.  I can remember seeing the trail and thinking, "this is gonna be a long day!"  Then, in the distance we see sled headlights.  We waited and then a orange Crossfire with a bunch of other riders appears.  The guy on the Crossfire busts through the bank, stops, opens his shield and yells, "Vive la Canada!!!"

It was awesome!!

the pic on the other post is the ex clubhouse in st fidele........closed since 8-10 years maybe.....

this one is the church in st andré , on trail 587 ....less than half a mile from the trail if  i remember well...

jean-guy

DSC_7842.JPG

Has to be the same...although I don't remember the church being that nice!  Trail was very close to it though.  I was riding a 2007 Vector so it was a little bit ago!

6 minutes ago, Sled Dog said:

Has to be the same...although I don't remember the church being that nice!  Trail was very close to it though.  I was riding a 2007 Vector so it was a little bit ago!

maybe you landed in l alverne.....

ste marguerite ,no church since 20 years maybe

jean-guy