Where am I?

smclelan

22 hours ago, dooright said:

Ok , here's one 

I'd say the roof is probably done now , but when we went by a year after staying here it looked the same 🤔

Screenshot_20201229-203440_Gallery.jpg

We Started here to head west  (to iceman trails )     Thought maybe George would be all over this one 

Screenshot_20210101-200843_Gallery.jpg

Edited by dooright
Add

10 hours ago, markusvt said:

Yup, got rebuilt even better!

Miss the old place, was perfectly located for trail system at the time!

There was a short guy that worked there, he was a SEPAQ employee, I believe his name was Ghyslain, always had great pictures of the moose harvested in the fall.    The skinny blonde working there was a character.  I do miss those trails.  Hit lunch and gas then off to the speedway into La Macaza.  The bar L’ Aeroport was rough but they had a harley on the front porch made of wood.  

13 minutes ago, dooright said:

We Started here to head west  (to iceman trails )     Thought maybe George would be all over this one 

Screenshot_20210101-200843_Gallery.jpg

For as many times as we rode that area I never stayed at Fontbrune.   Always opted for the Rabaska when departing the basket thong.  
cheers 

4 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

...but I did want to thank you for starting the longest running where am I thread ever.  This is my only source of reprieve.  Locked up sud of the border and the season is just getting started...PAINFUL doesn’t even start to explain it.  HOLY SH!T this sucks.  Sleds are all prepped with no where to ride.

Almost an exact ditto here!  Except my "all prepped with no where to ride" equipment is tucked away on the far side at Motos Thibault in Trois-Rivieres.  Appreciating the virtual vicarious therapy nonetheless!

19 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

I believe that is at the Haltaparche.  He is a big fan of logging weather patterns.  Then again I could be way off base

That is exactly where I thought of when I saw that. Andyman, a buddy and I spent a night there at -40. Sleds were tucked in his generator/storage building. Haltaparche was a great place to stay, Jean Guy and his wife were amazing people.