Where am I?

smclelan

3 hours ago, zeusand said:

Yes relais 540, stopped there a few times with Rob and met Andre. He was the original distributor for snotracker skis. 

Yep and there was an outstanding B&B just a bit south of him. I can’t remember the name though....she made the best Quiche I ever ate. I was there with doobrap or big doo or big brap😀 something like that and he had to go to the dentist in the morning with a tooth infection as I recall. Two female riders stayed that night also that were “together”...not that there is anything wrong with that....Great memories 👍

4 hours ago, GT Rider said:

This is old info I have on Andre's place:

Relais 540

41 Route 287 Sud Mont-Carmel

2021-01-03_12-26-34.jpg

A little east of there his friend has a small place to stay and the USA/Canada Boundary marker is out in front by the lake. I am looking for that photo.

2 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

Yep and there was an outstanding B&B just a bit south of him. I can’t remember the name though....she made the best Quiche I ever ate. I was there with doobrap or big doo or big brap😀 something like that and he had to go to the dentist in the morning with a tooth infection as I recall. Two female riders stayed that night also that were “together”...not that there is anything wrong with that....Great memories 👍

I have not been there but this might be the place:

L'Oasis de la Bretagne 

I used to plot all the advertisements from the maps.

46 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Bahahaha!

I believe he just took a shot at you Bob

I am going to invite him to go pheasant hunting with me!! I was trained by Dick Cheney, but I'm a better shot!!

6 minutes ago, GSX800 said:

Never hunted pheasants over a Lab like you.  We had some great Pointers, Brittany’s, and Springers back in my younger days hunting pheasants.  Moved on to Labs later on hunting ducks.  They are great dogs and wonderful companions.

Pointing black labs from Trieven Kennel in Lovell Wyoming , I have had 3 dogs from them, great on ducks, geese and pheasants. Point, flush and retrieve, my last lab,

Trieven's Capture , sired from Trieven's Twist and Shout, was FC, AFC, MH. His father was all ages national champion and is in the Retriever Hall of Fame.Getting one of these dogs is like buying a new sled , I shot 1400 birds over him in 12 years. The dog I have now is from the same blood, he is 9 in 2 weeks, still runs like a 3 year old, I have been sooo lucky to have been able to shoot over 2 dogs in a row that are American Field Champions. I have been in the woods every fall since about 10 years old. Just like sledding, pack up the gear, ride to North West Maine and hunt ducks and grouse for a week. I guess you already guessed I am a big fan of the constitution, I spend all my time away from work hunting, fly fishing and sledding!!

14 minutes ago, PLAYHARD said:

Me too!  And I'm seeing my Gastroenterologist & Orthopedist for these respectively! 

I can’t imagine trying to work next to you all day.  Funny shit non stop. 
Way back I commented on a place to stay. I said well fed no too much to talk about, pair of female owners...you asked if I was referring to the lodge or the women.  I thought I had a decent sense of humor, I got nothing on you.  Keep the laughs coming.

This was just posted this morning on FB. Feel bad for all the Lodge owners trying to survive this Covid situation. Be interesting how many we lose on a permanent basis for 2022 even if the world gets back to normal.

IMG_1750.thumb.PNG.6ba39ef694af7d86718967467096442d.PNG

23 hours ago, GT Rider said:

This ones for the bingo players. Time flies I was going to use this one years ago.

IMG_0358.JPG

We were trying to hit all orange trails. This van really stuck out.

We took a look at the lake. Someone did not want me to go on it to turn around. Crossing the H we passed the van. The upper east side of the H was private homes so we headed south. Then we found the south part of the trail had been closed. So much for bingo.

2021-01-04_11-45-37.jpg

2021-01-04_11-44-15.jpg

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

5 minutes ago, Fuse6 said:

This was just posted this morning on FB. Feel bad for all the Lodge owners trying to survive this Covid situation. Be interesting how many we lose on a permanent basis for 2022 even if the world gets back to normal.

IMG_1750.thumb.PNG.6ba39ef694af7d86718967467096442d.PNG

Merde!  Hopefully retreating to return another day/season.  

20180317_210610.thumb.jpg.1e62bf43536e8928546a329afe47e3a2.jpg

IMG_20160119_153458.thumb.jpg.a550fb9659a636673a081e18099e8389.jpg