Where am I?

smclelan

32 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

I need help with this one, it’ s from the 90’s.  can’t read the sign over the bridge, I do not have a clue where it was? 🙃

4CE44A8C-52D7-41ED-9E78-2C07C4396E42.thumb.jpeg.140bdb74169c7bed8c86bdbeffd80281.jpeg😜

A wild guess, is this alma??

30 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Bob, really not sure, I was also wondering if they had a bridge over the river in New Richmond like this at one time as well?

Being a New Brunswick boy I will give you some help on this one. Priceville footbridge crossing the Miramichi River. Looks a bit different with the trees but the same bridge.

https://www.discoverdoaktown.com/about-us/local-attractions/mcnameepriceville-footbridge/#:~:text=At 200 meters%2C this is,12 km west of Doaktown.

On 1/2/2021 at 8:46 PM, dooright said:

It's a little chore to get here , Has a long access trail.     I'm thinking it'll get more popular in a few years. 

Screenshot_20210101-003932_Gallery.jpg

Escapade on the Gouin 

This sign is on the TQ83 just west of the west entrance to the Barrage Gouin trail 

Screenshot_20210106-114732_Photos.jpg

Edited by dooright
Wrong picture

6 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Is the village St Jean Port Joli? Think it maybe the Le Massiff ski hill you see on the north side of the St Lawrence.

You are correct sir!....I remember you liked that area a couple of years ago now I think. The first picture is the trail to La Pociatiere and that "pingo" would be seen from hwy 20. Incidentally if you are planning to stay in one of the motels there, make sure this trail is open as the geography does not lend itself well to low snow conditions and it is the only sled trail out of town.  The middle picture is on a main trail south of St Jean Port Joli. 

7 hours ago, Andyman said:

Being a New Brunswick boy I will give you some help on this one. Priceville footbridge crossing the Miramichi River. Looks a bit different with the trees but the same bridge.

https://www.discoverdoaktown.com/about-us/local-attractions/mcnameepriceville-footbridge/#:~:text=At 200 meters%2C this is,12 km west of Doaktown.

Andyman, thank you!! , we did do a run down thru Miramachi and Doaktown back in the day.  There was a railbed that we ran along that day  for a longtime as well.  That has to be the one!  

4 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Andyman, thank you!! , we did do a run down thru Miramachi and Doaktown back in the day.  There was a railbed that we ran along that day  for a longtime as well.  That has to be the one!  

Just east of Wilson's Sporting Camps on the 42 trail. All rail line like you remember Roadrunner! LOl

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.429adacd844bc4127e811a609ec878b0.jpg

17 hours ago, slomo said:

Some clues...guess the general area...

pic01.thumb.JPG.8b0e4c9670d63527fe77602c291445f1.JPG

pic02.thumb.JPG.88adc22c03b9f42949dba8c8773e1707.JPG

pic03.thumb.JPG.a552ba90a3a77949902f2f53103314f8.JPG

First picture. I recognized right away La Pocatiere, Green  Trail right off TQ5 east heading to RDL. Remembered it well because it was so cold going through the open fields. That odd looking solitary mountain also gave it away.

Edited by MrsGTRider

9 hours ago, slomo said:

You are correct sir!....I remember you liked that area a couple of years ago now I think. The first picture is the trail to La Pociatiere and that "pingo" would be seen from hwy 20. Incidentally if you are planning to stay in one of the motels there, make sure this trail is open as the geography does not lend itself well to low snow conditions and it is the only sled trail out of town.  The middle picture is on a main trail south of St Jean Port Joli. 

La  Pocatiere-home of Gilles Villeneuve!

7 hours ago, Muskoka2 said:

La  Pocatiere-home of Gilles Villeneuve!

The folk singer? Sorry momentarily confused....I was thinking of Gilles Vigneault....a winter song...not sure where he is from...he starts to sing about 40 seconds in past the stringed instruments....

Mon pays, ce n’est pas un pays, c’est l’hiver
Mon jardin, ce n’est pas un jardin, c’est la plaine
Mon chemin, ce n’est pas un chemin, c’est la neige

Meanwhile here's another spot for you....

pic09.thumb.JPG.a9a621e4649f757bba690c29608707d1.JPG

This is close by....

pic07.thumb.JPG.6b1e0d170c1ec94a1ddd2ae0ba597e82.JPG

?

8 hours ago, slomo said:

The folk singer? Sorry momentarily confused....I was thinking of Gilles Vigneault....a winter song...not sure where he is from...he starts to sing about 40 seconds in past the stringed instruments....

This is close by....

?

Southbound on the 73 from ST Raymond just north of the 3.

4 hours ago, Andyman said:

Southbound on the 73 from ST Raymond just north of the 3.

Your prize is a personal key for the nearby warm up station and the inflatable outhouse next to it! I was impressed with the propane heater in the building - many are wood fired but the propane enabled instant warmth when you stepped in. 

pic05.thumb.JPG.c469239f0ec3f09b56d04665575f3ff6.JPG

15 hours ago, slomo said:

This is close by....

?

Gilles Villeneuvve-Formula 1  driver-father of Jacques!

14 hours ago, slomo said:

Your prize is a personal key for the nearby warm up station and the inflatable outhouse next to it! I was impressed with the propane heater in the building - many are wood fired but the propane enabled instant warmth when you stepped in. 

pic05.thumb.JPG.c469239f0ec3f09b56d04665575f3ff6.JPG

I can’t help but notice,  judging by the yellow snow either there was rush on the facility’s or a few people need potty training.😂😂😂