Where am I?

smclelan

6 minutes ago, GT Rider said:

Hi Bob

You got it. The place is L'Auberge Le Montagnard. The trail used to go right through.

IMG_5023.JPG

2021-01-02_18-54-22.jpg

We have been following each other around for years, I took the very same picture of the same steer with the turned down horn, the very same year!!

22 hours ago, smclelan said:

That is exactly where I thought of when I saw that. Andyman, a buddy and I spent a night there at -40. Sleds were tucked in his generator/storage building. Haltaparche was a great place to stay, Jean Guy and his wife were amazing people. 

I stayed with Jean Guy for a week last winter with Snow Master and his friend Jeff. We were there for his 82 birthday, drove to Wemo to get steak, apple pie and ice cream for dinner. He was there alone last winter and trying to get his wife up there out of the city just as wemo closed. I met him nearly 30 years ago and he and his wife are wonderful, they do not come any better. I hope they are OK and still there, I am going to miss him greatly this winter.