Big chunk of TQ 3 closed , east of Forestville?

dooright

Going on a shuttle may not be the worst thing. The only downside I see is they appear to be using Tiltdecks that expose the sleds to road salt.  That said, the last time I crossed in the shuttle at quebec city you could see big holes in that trailer that would let salt spray in! LoL

2 hours ago, smclelan said:

Going on a shuttle may not be the worst thing. The only downside I see is they appear to be using Tiltdecks that expose the sleds to road salt.  That said, the last time I crossed in the shuttle at quebec city you could see big holes in that trailer that would let salt spray in! LoL

My question also is, do you get a cab ride or ride on your sled. Lol. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.lemanic.ca/2023/01/20/des-agents-de-surveillance-pour-permettre-la-circulation-sur-la-tq3-a-pessamit/?mibextid=Zxz2cZ&fbclid=IwAR0fYIrs9mQOSb6FiYqYwtGWEeQvgLBezr0P5d6NU1Eu33HpoRf-EHsCeu4

The Pessamit Innu Council will hire two territorial officers to monitor traffic and behaviour along the TQ3 trail in their territory.

Several solutions have been considered in order to allow traffic on the TQ3 within the territory of the community of Pessamit this winter.

"The new trail that is currently under construction will not be ready this winter. It will be ready next winter," explains Marcel Furlong, Reeve of the Manicouagan RCM.

He adds that there have been "discussions between the band council and the various snowmobile and ATV clubs. The Innu Council of Pessamit then issued conditions so that it would be possible to ride this winter on the old trail.

Among these conditions, there was the presence of two surveillance officers from the community of Pessamit. "They will be patrolling the TQ3 on the community's territory over the next 15 weeks," said Furlong.

"There is no connection between the new trail and the existing trail that will be used this winter. All that's being decided right now is the old trail that was in the community. The new trail will be outside the community," said the Reeve.

As soon as the clean-up of the debris left by the December 23 storm is complete, traffic will be possible. Furlong expects the trail to open next week.

It should be noted that the officers who will be hired will not be mandated to issue tickets or fines, but rather to ensure the proper behaviour of users of this route. Safety signs will also be installed, another condition for the use of the trail.

Finally, the Manicouagan MRC has granted $19,872 in assistance through Innovation and Development Manicouagan for this project, which totals $24,840.

Heads up. They have ALOT of trees to cut before they can pass with the groomer. They have organized a work party for Saturday however i think is like 95 places to cut downed trees for the machine to pass and open this trail. 

still closed

TQ3 Remains closed here

Not making progress 

does not sound promising 

from club

A meeting was held today with Mr. Furlong to get some clarification.
The situation is:
-We only have permission to cut down nuisance trees
-We do not have a signed right of way.
-Therefore, no cleanup operation will be done on our part at this time.

Further communiqués will be issued if we have any developments...

3 hours ago, iceman said:

still closed

TQ3 Remains closed here

Not making progress 

does not sound promising 

from club

A meeting was held today with Mr. Furlong to get some clarification.
The situation is:
-We only have permission to cut down nuisance trees
-We do not have a signed right of way.
-Therefore, no cleanup operation will be done on our part at this time.

Further communiqués will be issued if we have any developments...

Thanks for the info, might have to do a audible now. That trail was showing Green last week, now it is back to Red.

8 minutes ago, iceman said:

Thanks ICE! We will do a different tour this trip. I know what is going to happen now. I will make all the arrangements for a different trip and day before we leave the trail will be open. Thats snowmobiling right!!!!

2 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

Thanks ICE! We will do a different tour this trip. I know what is going to happen now. I will make all the arrangements for a different trip and day before we leave the trail will be open. Thats snowmobiling right!!!!

Very possible but who knows

very complicated for the club up there to try and negotiate there.

build the new trail and thats it

merci bonsoir

• 2 weeks later...