Big chunk of TQ 3 closed , east of Forestville?

dooright

7 hours ago, Signfan said:

Yes.  Indigenous members were apparently being charged by trail enforcement while on the trail on the reserve.  So they closed the trail.

Just too easy to be cordial to them for letting us pass through...what a mess this has made.

4 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Just too easy to be cordial to them for letting us pass through...what a mess this has made.

Maybe it is not that easy. What are they being charged with? Were they drinking and driving on the trail? The FCMQ can not allow that on their trail system, even if the FN have rights to the land.

Was it a sled with no trail permit? The FCMQ can not have a president set on certain landowners getting preferencial treatment. Then every landowner could ask for something and it become totally unmanageable.

Was it no insurance card, another thing the FCMQ can not overlook for their safety and those that ride the trail. 

Maybe the FN groups wanted the trail to be rerouted through their community to help cause and increase in economic stimulus. perhaps they blocked the trail in protest.

It would be interesting to know the real case details and/or the charges. So there could be a real discussion.

Best case it be worked out, or another route is found, there are lots of logging roads that could get connected to avoid this area if that is what has to happen. Obviously it is not a simple fix or this thread would not still be active. That in mind let's hope it is settled within 30-45 days.

My $0.02 worth (may not be worth that)  Sorry for being long winded.

8 hours ago, smclelan said:

Maybe it is not that easy. What are they being charged with? Were they drinking and driving on the trail? The FCMQ can not allow that on their trail system, even if the FN have rights to the land.

Was it a sled with no trail permit? The FCMQ can not have a president set on certain landowners getting preferencial treatment. Then every landowner could ask for something and it become totally unmanageable.

Was it no insurance card, another thing the FCMQ can not overlook for their safety and those that ride the trail. 

Maybe the FN groups wanted the trail to be rerouted through their community to help cause and increase in economic stimulus. perhaps they blocked the trail in protest.

It would be interesting to know the real case details and/or the charges. So there could be a real discussion.

Best case it be worked out, or another route is found, there are lots of logging roads that could get connected to avoid this area if that is what has to happen. Obviously it is not a simple fix or this thread would not still be active. That in mind let's hope it is settled within 30-45 days.

My $0.02 worth (may not be worth that)  Sorry for being long winded.

Yeah you could be right.  Territory the reserve controls will not be a small piece of land.  Looking at a major re-route and a river crossing.  Best case is definitely finding a way to work together.  The community should be benefitting from the trail.  Not needing a permit on your own land should never be an issue for a landowner (indigenous or not).  Other issues you've discussed are valid points.  Unfortunately some of these discussions with landowners can lead down the road of no choice, but a closure.  Hopefully the club sorts this out.

I am trying to find the news article that talked about the reasons they denied the right of way through the reserve. I believe it was financially motivated. 

However i did see something that said the club here had completed all but a short bit of a new trail bypassing the reserve. Waiting to hear more.

Now with that problem being worked on there is still the problem of two bridges deemed unsafe by the MTQ. So back to square one. 

6 hours ago, Signfan said:

Yeah you could be right.  Territory the reserve controls will not be a small piece of land.  Looking at a major re-route and a river crossing.  Best case is definitely finding a way to work together.  The community should be benefitting from the trail.  Not needing a permit on your own land should never be an issue for a landowner (indigenous or not).  Other issues you've discussed are valid points.  Unfortunately some of these discussions with landowners can lead down the road of no choice, but a closure.  Hopefully the club sorts this out.

I am sure a lot of landowners are given a permit maybe two by the CLUB for the ROW across their land. However is is different when a community of 700-800 people feel they should have a free permit. Or maybe they want $10,000/yr for passage???  I suspect the FCMQ is trying to avoid the pressident of compensating for ROW. The cost of permits would go through the roof.

12 hours ago, iceman said:

I am trying to find the news article that talked about the reasons they denied the right of way through the reserve. I believe it was financially motivated. 

However i did see something that said the club here had completed all but a short bit of a new trail bypassing the reserve. Waiting to hear more.

Now with that problem being worked on there is still the problem of two bridges deemed unsafe by the MTQ. So back to square one. 

Ice crossings?  Or are they fast flowing rivers?  Gotta be a highway bridge to use temporarily.

TQ3 trail in Pessamit: a new route could end the dispute By Julien-Pierre Desmeules-Paré3: 10 PM - January 27, 2021 Reading time: 4 minutes A new route could help settle the dispute between Pessamit and snowmobilers in the region. Access to the TQ3 snowmobile trail is still inaccessible in the Pessamit sector, which causes several complications for members of snowmobile clubs in the region. The various officials in this story are trying to find a common ground to end this conflict, and a new course may well be the solution. The Côte-Nord administrator for the Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec (FCMQ), Daniel Jean, admits that the situation is not easy. “Currently, the club is in analysis to build a bypass path. We made a request to the MTQ (Quebec Ministry of Transport) for money, ”explains Mr. Jean, who specifies that the FCMQ is a non-profit organization. This bypass would take snowmobilers much further north towards Lake Nipi. A route that is complicated, but not impossible to achieve according to club officials

According to Jean, these routes are dependent on landowners in the province who have the power to accept or refuse snowmobilers on their territory through a right of way. This right can be applied at the will of the owner who, in normal times, announces his decision a year in advance in order to allow the clubs to rework the new paths. It is the Bolides de Ragueneau snowmobile club, and not the Manicouagan Snowmobile Association (AMMI) as mentioned in the first text on the subject, which is responsible for maintaining this portion of the TQ3 road. However, at this time, it is not possible for volunteers to access it. Mr. Jean would like to pay tribute to the work of the volunteers of all the snowmobile clubs and associations in the region. “They have a lot of work to maintain the roads. Some work on the machines from morning to night. People work hard and I tip my hat to them. " The administrator confirms that the clubs are trying by all means to find an alternative to "arrange the snowmobilers and open the trails as quickly as possible". Several requirements For Jean-René Martel, president of the Bolides de Ragueneau, the club members are for the most part responsible and respectful. “There are always offenders who don't have their cards and who are causing trouble for everyone,” he says. Saying that he is ready to listen to the requests of the Innu community of Pessamit, Mr. Martel explains, however, that it would be difficult for the clubs to meet the demands made. To meet the demands, “all snowmobilers who use this trail should have training in aboriginal rights and native customs. We should also put a sticker on our snowmobile to show that we have received the training. We cannot form the whole province of Quebec like that, ”emphasizes the president. In return, he says he has offered some possible solutions that have so far remained without a clear answer. "If it's achievable, we'll do everything on our own to make it work." “The people of the region here know that we are on an aboriginal reserve. We understand it and we respect it, they are on their ground, ”emphasizes Mr. Martel

Pessamit ready to listen Jean-Noël Riverin, member of the Innu Council of Pessamit and spokesperson on the matter, reiterates that it is not a question of money, but of law. "We do not want the money from the associations, that they keep it to make a route other than in the Pessamit sector," explained Mr. Riverin. As for the new track, the spokesperson says he doesn't see a problem for the moment. “At this time, I see nothing that could affect the right of way for our members. ", He said, specifying that there will still have to be consultations since the new route should encroach on hunting territory. The decision whether or not to accept the route should be decided soon. "We are going to discuss it with the Council to see the possibilities with the new route," says Jean-Noël Riverin in conclusion.

On 9/21/2021 at 6:51 PM, iceman said:

There is more issues for TQ3

it’s not just right of passage problems

2 bridges unsafe. 

Unless there is an imminent major turnaround, winter tourism enthusiasts, snowmobilers from the Côte-Nord and more particularly those from the Haute-Côte-Nord, will have to be content with hikes determined according to the condition of the TQ-3, sectioned.  in two places due to the closure of the Sault-au-Mouton river bridge (Longue-Rive) and the Aux Pins river bridge (Forestville).

Still this to be dealt with

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update from Club Les Bolides Ragueneau

Goodnight all
 Several people have asked me if the TQ3 between Ste Thérèse de Colombier and Ragueneau would be open this year.  To answer you, I would tell you that it is very unlikely that the TQ3 will be open in this sector We had a meeting with the people of Pessamite to open a new path that would bypass the Pessamite reserve There do not seem to be any major problems  for the moment As you know it is not easy to build a new path with all the permits required by all the different departments.  Several km of very uneven ground to be cleared We have been working on this project since we lost the right of way on the reserve.  We work jointly with the Quade club of B, C which is responsible for the project. But there is no question of returning to the path which is on the reserve.  thank you for your understanding
 Jean-René Martel

• 4 weeks later...

Update from Club in Baie Comeau

TQ-3 Baie Comeau / Forestville trail

The Fédération des clubs de motoneigistes du Québec (FCMQ) believes it can reestablish a passage north of the Pessamit territory for the 2022-2023 season, but for this year, it must be forgotten.

"It's not funny, but we don't have much choice.

They (the Innu Council) do not want to go all out, ”underlines Yanick Claveau, federation liaison officer for the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean-Côte-Nord region.

Since the last season, Pessamit has put an end to the right of way for snowmobilers following complaints from members of the community.

A project to relocate a 20 km portion of the TQ3 federated trail is on the table.  "There is a four kilometer road that we are going to have to build to connect two other already existing paths," explains Mr. Claveau, who adds that he is in discussion with the people of Pessamit on this subject.

The FCMQ is also in talks with the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources to obtain approval for the new route chosen.  "Normally, if all goes well, the project should be done next summer," said the president.

According to him, the future link will not force snowmobilers to cover a greater distance, which will be similar to that which existed until the winter of 2019-2020.  Snowmobilers will not see the difference, assures Mr. Claveau.

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

I wonder if we can use AAA\CAA for the trip?

GutZ

I contacted CAA this summer and asked if theIr top package would provide sled pick up on the side of the road and transport to a dealership, they said no.  That said, a CAA/AAA card may get a discount for the service

6 hours ago, smclelan said:

I contacted CAA this summer and asked if theIr top package would provide sled pick up on the side of the road and transport to a dealership, they said no.  That said, a CAA/AAA card may get a discount for the service

It is still a good deal - at least you have someone to call when you are in a strange unknown place. Once broke down in Edmonton on a holiday weekend - CAA got me towed to a dealership parking lot and set up a hotel reservation. Tow truck driver courteously drove me to the hotel. 

Show me the money!

https://www.journalhcn.com/2021/12/15/tq3-et-tq-50-limpasse-est-denouee-en-haute-cote-nord/?fbclid=IwAR09pWRmm3WLsG9zVi2Ym_8rlbGSpJkvK5EUmuj9URnUPR9kLQRl2nKhxg8

TQ3 and TQ-50: the deadlock has been resolved in Haute-Côte-Nord

By Shirley Kennedy 12:00 PM - December 15, 2021
 Reading time: 4 minutes

Recreational tourism could not do without fluid federated paths for ORVs in the Haute-Côte-Nord.  

The project to repair the Sault au Mouton river and Aux Pins river bridges have been completed and the financial package has been accepted by all parties involved in the file.  Excellent news confirmed in the Journal Haute-Côte-Nord by the deputy for René-Lévesque, Martin Ouellet.

The resolution of the impasse of the TQ3 (federated snowmobile trail) and the TQ-50 (federated quads trail) that has been going on since last year has not been smooth.

It took significant regional consultation work coupled with significant financial contributions in order to save this major tourist attraction.

The member for René-Lévesque, who acted as a "facilitator" in the file, does not hide his relief, a few days before the holiday break.

"I am really happy that we managed to come together to settle the financing of the two bridges," he added.
 Martin Ouellet made representations to Transport Minister François Bonnardel, who agreed to contribute through his discretionary budget, up to $ 10,000 for each bridge.

Thus, the repair project for the two bridges, sponsored by the Club Nord-Neige Forestville-Colombier, is worded as follows: for the Rivière aux Pins bridge in Forestville, the total cost of the project is nearly 140,000.  $.

The Fédération québécoise des clubs de motoneigistes (FQCM) is injecting $ 36,205 as is the Fédération québécoise des clubs quads ($ 36,205).

The MRC de La Haute-Côte-Nord is providing $ 25,000, as is the City of Forestville ($ 25,000) and Tourisme Côte-Nord is contributing $ 7,500.

As for the repair of the river bridge from Sault to Mouton in Longue-Rive, the total cost is nearly $ 193,000.
 The Fédération québécoise des clubs de motoneigistes is investing $ 74,250, the Fédération québécoise des clubs quads is injecting $ 50,850, the MRC de La Haute-Côte-Nord $ 25,000 as well as the Municipality of Longue-Rive ($ 25,000) and  Tourisme Côte-Nord for $ 7,500.

The major issue currently remains the materials to carry out the work, the delivery of which will cause a delay that postpones the start of work to January 2022.

Especially since the Club Nord-Neige "is awaiting intervention permits issued by the Ministry of Forests, Wildlife and Parks before starting the work", told the Journal the liaison officer of  the Quebec Federation of Snowmobile Clubs for the Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean-Côte-Nord Regions, Yanick Claveau.

For his part, the president of the Club Nord-Neige Forestville-Colombier Mike Tremblay, was delighted with the successful conclusion of the case.

“After more than a year of waiting, I and the Club Nord-Neige board of directors are very happy to have obtained the approvals and the funds that were necessary for us to open up the TQ3.  We will be ready for the 2023 season, ”he said.

TQ-50

Although we are not far from the cup to the lips as to the complete opening up of the high-north-coast hinterland, the financial package for the repair of the 14 km of trails from the bridge of the Rivière aux Pins to  Colombier is not tied up.

The Club Quad HCN which is the promoter, however, has all the confirmations required to submit a formal funding request in January 2022.

According to the president of the Club quad HCN Yvan Maltais, the total cost of the work is estimated at $ 245,000.

If the requirements of the Ministry of Transport are met, it will contribute a sum of $ 183,750, while a sum of $ 35,805 from the Club quad HCN is planned, the Fédération québécoise des clubs quads has promised a sum of 12  $ 945 and the Fédération québécoise des clubs de motoneigistes pledged $ 12,500.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:25 PM, iceman said:

Iceman can you find out if there are designated pick-up and drop-off points yet on the TQ 3 for this shuttle?

12 hours ago, iceman said:

Show me the money!

https://www.journalhcn.com/2021/12/15/tq3-et-tq-50-limpasse-est-denouee-en-haute-cote-nord/?fbclid=IwAR09pWRmm3WLsG9zVi2Ym_8rlbGSpJkvK5EUmuj9URnUPR9kLQRl2nKhxg8

TQ3 and TQ-50: the deadlock has been resolved in Haute-Côte-Nord

By Shirley Kennedy 12:00 PM - December 15, 2021
 Reading time: 4 minutes

Recreational tourism could not do without fluid federated paths for ORVs in the Haute-Côte-Nord.  

The project to repair the Sault au Mouton river and Aux Pins river bridges have been completed and the financial package has been accepted by all parties involved in the file.  Excellent news confirmed in the Journal Haute-Côte-Nord by the deputy for René-Lévesque, Martin Ouellet.

The resolution of the impasse of the TQ3 (federated snowmobile trail) and the TQ-50 (federated quads trail) that has been going on since last year has not been smooth.

It took significant regional consultation work coupled with significant financial contributions in order to save this major tourist attraction.

The member for René-Lévesque, who acted as a "facilitator" in the file, does not hide his relief, a few days before the holiday break.

"I am really happy that we managed to come together to settle the financing of the two bridges," he added.
 Martin Ouellet made representations to Transport Minister François Bonnardel, who agreed to contribute through his discretionary budget, up to $ 10,000 for each bridge.

Thus, the repair project for the two bridges, sponsored by the Club Nord-Neige Forestville-Colombier, is worded as follows: for the Rivière aux Pins bridge in Forestville, the total cost of the project is nearly 140,000.  $.

The Fédération québécoise des clubs de motoneigistes (FQCM) is injecting $ 36,205 as is the Fédération québécoise des clubs quads ($ 36,205).

The MRC de La Haute-Côte-Nord is providing $ 25,000, as is the City of Forestville ($ 25,000) and Tourisme Côte-Nord is contributing $ 7,500.

As for the repair of the river bridge from Sault to Mouton in Longue-Rive, the total cost is nearly $ 193,000.
 The Fédération québécoise des clubs de motoneigistes is investing $ 74,250, the Fédération québécoise des clubs quads is injecting $ 50,850, the MRC de La Haute-Côte-Nord $ 25,000 as well as the Municipality of Longue-Rive ($ 25,000) and  Tourisme Côte-Nord for $ 7,500.

The major issue currently remains the materials to carry out the work, the delivery of which will cause a delay that postpones the start of work to January 2022.

Especially since the Club Nord-Neige "is awaiting intervention permits issued by the Ministry of Forests, Wildlife and Parks before starting the work", told the Journal the liaison officer of  the Quebec Federation of Snowmobile Clubs for the Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean-Côte-Nord Regions, Yanick Claveau.

For his part, the president of the Club Nord-Neige Forestville-Colombier Mike Tremblay, was delighted with the successful conclusion of the case.

“After more than a year of waiting, I and the Club Nord-Neige board of directors are very happy to have obtained the approvals and the funds that were necessary for us to open up the TQ3.  We will be ready for the 2023 season, ”he said.

TQ-50

Although we are not far from the cup to the lips as to the complete opening up of the high-north-coast hinterland, the financial package for the repair of the 14 km of trails from the bridge of the Rivière aux Pins to  Colombier is not tied up.

The Club Quad HCN which is the promoter, however, has all the confirmations required to submit a formal funding request in January 2022.

According to the president of the Club quad HCN Yvan Maltais, the total cost of the work is estimated at $ 245,000.

If the requirements of the Ministry of Transport are met, it will contribute a sum of $ 183,750, while a sum of $ 35,805 from the Club quad HCN is planned, the Fédération québécoise des clubs quads has promised a sum of 12  $ 945 and the Fédération québécoise des clubs de motoneigistes pledged $ 12,500.

So the issues are fixed and things are open for this year?  Or the funding is in place to have it ready for 2023?

6 hours ago, Signfan said:

So the issues are fixed and things are open for this year?  Or the funding is in place to have it ready for 2023?

This fixes the bridges issues with the work done starting in January.. However the First Nations issue and subsequent rerouting of the trail will not be done for this year.

2023 they say it will reopen.