Trails on the native reserves

Signfan

Any word on whether we will see trail closures where the trails cross the reserves (Manawin, Wemotaci, etc.) like we did last year due to Coivd?  Was reading that the winter road into a few reserves up the James Bay coast in Ontario is not being built this winter to prevent an outbreak.

Hi Signfan!

I did not read information about the snowmobile trails on Manawan and Wemotaci territories but I know that they both had to deal with covid cases in last November and they had put serious sanitary mesures to control the spreading of cases including the closing of their community to exterior visitors. From what I just read, Manawan still have one active case and Wemotaci 0 cases and they are both keeping the high sanitary mesures for the moment.

We are still low on snow accumulations so the trails are not open yet but I will try to gather some more informations on that in the next day. Maybe others here know something on this...

Yes I am interested too to know how it goes on their side and how the trails/services would be impacted . They had both reopened their territories during the summer and this fall and when I did my first post on the season preparation we had no indications that they would close anything.  The shit hit the fan when they discovered cases in their communities in november...

What I have been told today is that the plan the snowmobile club is working on for Manawan is to bypass the village for starting the season but nothing official right now.  No news for the trail in Wemotaci, but I saw that they just renew their gaz station this summer and are associated with a new suppliers that is supposed to be reliable... no empty tanks in the future they said.

wemo.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=boun

Edited by towing

1 hour ago, towing said:

What I have been told today is that the plan the snowmobile club is working on for Manawan is to bypass the village for starting the season but nothing official right now.  No news for the trail in Wemotaci, but I saw that they just renew their gaz station this summer and are associated with a new suppliers that is supposed to be reliable... no empty tanks in the future they said.

wemo.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=boun

The same place, just after renovation ? 

Screenshot_20201217-212950_Gallery.jpg

Yeah I've saw that in the past riding through there.  Makes sense to push the traffic through the reserve in a normal year to help with economic activity in the community.  I can definitely see the justification to only run the bypass this winter given the state of things.