Been riding since Thursday!

Pipeman

10 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Pipe man where are you riding in Pennsylvania at.

We have a camp in Marienville Pa but do not know if the trails are any good.

Bald eagle state forest, RB Winter state park and Mile run, It all is connected. I don’t know how it is in the Allegheny national Forest where Marienville is located I don’t think they have as much snow but I’m not positive. The Potter County area not far from there is listed as excellent condition according to the website

Edited by Pipeman

Ha ! Nope they are not open, only for carry out and gasoline 🙂 and I doubt it will be open in two weeks, it could be 50f or 20f never know anymore. 

19158AB5-E02F-4DD6-89F6-A4E3873D0118.jpeg

Edited by Pipeman

21 hours ago, zrtkat said:

Pipe man where are you riding in Pennsylvania at.

We have a camp in Marienville Pa but do not know if the trails are any good.

The trails are decent, there’s one big loop around the kinzu Dam, on occasion they get some big lake effect dumping, lots of traffic, minimal grooming.

i done a lot of riding over the years in Kizua area

but over the last 5 years or so it has been slim pickings 

17 minutes ago, schooter said:

i done a lot of riding over the years in Kizua area

but over the last 5 years or so it has been slim pickings 

Schooter

In my younger years we use to ride up there a lot go to cougar Bob's in kelleteville, do the loop and head back to Marienville, but you are right the last 5 or so years they just do not get enough snow.

I am hoping we get to get up there a weekend or so this winter.is we get the snow.

15 minutes ago, dooright said:

🙂   It has a pretty small tank , you can see it on the frame in the pic !

I saw a couple of those on the trail today and try as I may I could not see where the motor was, it had some weird looking pedal things?  🙂

29 minutes ago, zrtkat said:

Schooter

In my younger years we use to ride up there a lot go to cougar Bob's in kelleteville, do the loop and head back to Marienville, but you are right the last 5 or so years they just do not get enough snow.

I am hoping we get to get up there a weekend or so this winter.is we get the snow.

Zrtkat

we had a place up off 321 for years , 

after we sold the place we stay at Graybill’s  after they sold we started staying at Lantz’s Corners 

part of the issue was most of the places started to close during the week.

Hyner Mountain area ride yesterday. Riding in Pa on the 19th of December with 20-30 inches in some areas is freaking unheard of!!!. While it was a great day and to be riding in my home state, this snowmobile season is going to suck with unusual weather patterns, covid restrictions and all the covid testing I have to get done  before and after traveling with all my trips I have planned out of state.

F3C65EBE-676E-4ED7-A834-624BCB7DE9C3.jpeg

14E41BD9-5729-4F26-B7B5-5F71CF8279BE.jpeg

D110A405-420C-4CED-AA6F-15771CB0E4F6.jpeg

47040933-A32D-4988-A516-BA18AED70244.jpeg

Nice to see PA getting some white gold riding in.  Been a tough several years.  I'm sure my sticker is current but its not even on my sled.  No idea where it is.    My 1st real organized trail riding trip was ANF trail 1.  Great memories.  We didn't even have helmets!  I don't even remember the little town's name (KANE)  but we made it to Westline and over east to Coudersport.  I was riding a beat up '82 Enticer.   Saw a lot of "Team Belly Pan" on that trip.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:51 PM, zrtkat said:

Miles Long 

I have made that loop around Kinzu Dam years ago I  know the trails get beat up fast I  was wondering if any one has been on the trails lately.

I’m sure with the Christmas Eve snow people were out riding, I have friends that live on the Westside of the Allegheny National Forest and they were out riding this past weekend, still no base and the ground is soft but in this day and age take what you can get.