Lockdown

iceman

We shall find out today, but the rumor is another full lockdown here for at least 4 weeks. I fear this season is in serious jepoardy. You folks stuck south of the border may not miss out at all. Right now with the lack of real snowcover its not so terrible. If this lockdown comes to fruition and we do get rideable snow in that time and they do not open trails. Those who shelled out the $$$ for trail passes will surely be not so happy.

#Scamdemic

Iceman,

Certainly is going to be a frustrating year. I suspect the new sled sales north of the border were very good just like south of the border for 2021 models. 
The snow conditions, remind me of the open winters we had in the early 1980’s!   With such a slow start to the season regarding depth of snow and the Covid.  There most likely be lots of slightly used 2021 sleds kicking around this spring and next fall.  Certainly has to be concerning for the sled manufacturers and the 2022 lineup. 

In addition to the snowmobile manufacturers,, the impact on the  State and Provencial clubs and organizations, Poirevoire’s, hotels and restaurants, , has to be a concern for all of us who have a passion for this industry.

Certainly a microcosm of the challenges faced everywhere, but the overall impact of Lockdowns and lack of snow will hit close to home for us  in this sector for a few years to come.

Edited by RoadRunner

I think this year is a write  off. ,,hope you are not in the 5 % , ice man . Great year for sled sales but like it was stated  next year might not be good and a lot of expensive sleds for sale that people paid too much for .. and did not use.

54 minutes ago, grumpysanta said:

. ,,hope you are not in the 5 % , ice man .

If I am then so be it

we all gonna die someday 

not gonna hide in my house listening to all the bullshit spewed by the news and fake statistics overly inflated to purposely plant fear in those weak minded enough to buy their horse shit they are trying to sell about this deadly virus

Talk of a Curfew, isn’t that just dandy. Hell let’s just skip all the pleasantries and go right to martial law it’s where this is headed anyway, speed things up, stop jerking us around and do it. 

44 minutes ago, poltodoo said:

Setting up for the global rest

Control the population first

Exactly 

sadly not enough of us recognizing it. 

They are Perfectly ok with their rights being taken away day by day. 

Way too soft both north and south of border. Zero balls to stand up and fight.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:57 AM, iceman said:

To sum it up

we are F****d hard. 

all for a fake pandemic with more than 95% survival rate. 
so over all of it.

You seem to be so knowledgeable about infectious disease I think you should change professions.  By the way, were did you get your Doctor of Medicine?

20 minutes ago, doubler said:

You seem to be so knowledgeable about infectious disease I think you should change professions.  By the way, were did you get your Doctor of Medicine?

Keep watching the news they got you right where they want you sheep

3 minutes ago, doubler said:

No need to watch the news, I understand infectious disease.

Fantastic i feel so much safer knowing you understand. 

you are probably one of those special people I see driving alone wearing their mask too. 

8 hours ago, iceman said:

Fantastic i feel so much safer knowing you understand. 

you are probably one of those special people I see driving alone wearing their mask too. 

Nope, I go around placing my stickers all over the place because I think it's cool. Makes me feel like I'm the king of Quebec.

5 minutes ago, doubler said:

Nope, I go around placing my stickers all over the place because I think it's cool. Makes me feel like I'm the king of Quebec.

Funny guy. Get it right the stickers are all over the world. That makes me supreme leader of all the world not only Quebec.

We already got a King in Quebec he is Francois Leagault

stick to infectious disease you know that but apparently not much else

now get back in your bunker and wear that mask. 

#HatersGonnaHate

How about we get back to discussions on snowmobiling.  Really getting sick of this forum turning into a debate on covid.  Government has made a decision.  If you don't like it write your elected official.  If you do like it write them as well.  Nothing written here is going to change their decision.

7 hours ago, Signfan said:

How about we get back to discussions on snowmobiling.  Really getting sick of this forum turning into a debate on covid.  Government has made a decision.  If you don't like it write your elected official.  If you do like it write them as well.  Nothing written here is going to change their decision.

I’m riding tomorrow, not Quebec but pretty dam close to it as I will be only a river away the whole time. Riding from Deep River to Mattawa and back for the day. Forth time out on the new to me sled.

I have always been a true blue fan from riding a 96 Vmax, 98 SRX, 04 Viper, 06 Apex, 09 Nytro. Nytro has 37,000km and the thing still runs strong. Took it grass dragging and it did well coming 2nd in it’s class with a crap load of km on it lol. This year my group had planned to do Gaspe so I figured I would get a new sled and went with a Yamacat Sidewinder SRX. I was holding out on hopes of Yamaha coming out with a true blue sled but doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. Looks like Yamaha is stuck with Arctic Cat like Canada is stuck with Trudeau ( what???... I had to put my political spin on this somewhere). Anyway, so far I love the power and it’s set up very well so it handles like it’s on rails. 

Save your breath on the weight argument. I’m 50 now and stopped doing backflips years ago on a sled. Plus for all you BRP loyalists, with all the gas and extra parts I see you guys carry we are probably the same weight 😜.

14 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

I’m riding tomorrow, not Quebec but pretty dam close to it as I will be only a river away the whole time. Riding from Deep River to Mattawa and back for the day. Forth time out on the new to me sled.

I have always been a true blue fan from riding a 96 Vmax, 98 SRX, 04 Viper, 06 Apex, 09 Nytro. Nytro has 37,000km and the thing still runs strong. Took it grass dragging and it did well coming 2nd in it’s class with a crap load of km on it lol. This year my group had planned to do Gaspe so I figured I would get a new sled and went with a Yamacat Sidewinder SRX. I was holding out on hopes of Yamaha coming out with a true blue sled but doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. Looks like Yamaha is stuck with Arctic Cat like Canada is stuck with Trudeau ( what???... I had to put my political spin on this somewhere). Anyway, so far I love the power and it’s set up very well so it handles like it’s on rails. 

Save your breath on the weight argument. I’m 50 now and stopped doing backflips years ago on a sled. Plus for all you BRP loyalists, with all the gas and extra parts I see you guys carry we are probably the same weight 😜.

Let us know how conditions are up in the valley , I was thinking about going myself but herd there is extremely high volume of traffic.

11 hours ago, Signfan said:

Our Esteemed Forum Gurus set up a "special place" (quarantine?) for non-sledding stuff!...  http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?/forum/44-covid-forums/