Towing's 2021 season opener video report

towing

It was finally the start of our 2021 season yesterday Saturday january 9! We had waiting for this since a long time and even conditions were not perfects it was a real soul therapy to ride again!

Other that the Pandemic issue, mother nature have not spoiled us up to date. Rain and very low snow level pretty much everywhere and temperature way too warm for the date. My area have begin to open some trails but it is still limited with low snow so we choose to go a bit norther than usual to begin our season by starting from St-Michel des Saints to ride the Taureau Reservoir and norther.

In place of a pics report, I will go with a video report this time with 2 detailed video to report the conditions we encounter during our ride.

here the first video that describe the ride from St-Michel to Repos Outfitter. 

To comply with the government restrictions associated with the covid-19 the services suppliers have to adjust the way they usually serve us. At the repos the fuel is available as usual but food is only available to takeout (the dining room is closed) but the toilets are accessibles. We can rent rooms or chalet but we have to get the food and eat in our rooms.

A 2nd video will follow just below for the rest of the ride...

Edited by towing

Next we took the #345/#360 trails to coming back south with a short stop at the Taureau Dam

here the 2nd video

So this is it for our season opener. We really hope for cold and snow but it's not what we have on the wheater preview... at least no rain forecast!!! 

We hope for the best to come

Alain

Edited by towing

28 minutes ago, towing said:

it was a real soul therapy to ride again!

:yahoo:  :hi:  :good:

BIG MERCI Alain!

Thank you thank you for taking us along!

Congrats to you guys on THE BEST social-distancing in the universe!

And kudos on the cinematography stabilization, I didn't sense any of those bumps around Taureau Reservoir!

Thanks for sharing :  )  . A most enjoyable ride from the armchair ifo of the fire and beverage in hand.  

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

Thank you Alain, as always a great video.  Some areas looked like pretty good conditions considering the low snow.

I hope you thought of me when you stopped and videoed the river. I think Quebec rivers are so beautiful, makes me want to come to Quebec in the summer and kayak and fly fish.

mike

On 1/10/2021 at 8:43 PM, PLAYHARD said:

:yahoo:  :hi:  :good:

BIG MERCI Alain!

Thank you thank you for taking us along!

Congrats to you guys on THE BEST social-distancing in the universe!

And kudos on the cinematography stabilization, I didn't sense any of those bumps around Taureau Reservoir!

Haha! yes, best social distancing possible! I'm myself impress how good the footage come from the camera, looks like a magic carpet ride!

On 1/10/2021 at 8:46 PM, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Thanks for sharing :  )  . A most enjoyable ride from the armchair ifo of the fire and beverage in hand.  

You are welcome! seems like an enjoyable plan! I imagine in a few years the same with 3D google,  it would be dangerous to spill the beverage! 😁

On 1/10/2021 at 9:21 PM, smclelan said:

Thanks Alain.  Your videos will be more welcome then ever this season.

Yes, this virtual therapy had helped me to keep going since last ride in march. I really hope everybody will find a way to have at least a small season where it is possible for them.

17 hours ago, SnomoGary said:

Thanks for sharing Alain,  love riding along with you guy's..    enjoy and  stay safe..

You are welcome snowmoGary! I have tried the switch from photo ride report to video ride report this time. It is different and even more enjoyable than a pics report to watch. 

14 hours ago, mikerider said:

Thank you Alain, as always a great video.  Some areas looked like pretty good conditions considering the low snow.

I hope you thought of me when you stopped and videoed the river. I think Quebec rivers are so beautiful, makes me want to come to Quebec in the summer and kayak and fly fish.

mike

Thanks Mike! I had the chance that the night before had been at -16C with grooming and the day not too warm so the thin snow cover held pretty well. January is way too warm up to date, at least no rain up to date!

Yes I remember, you and me are sharing to same love for the rivers! We have so many rivers and lakes to explore here, you should give it a try when the pandemis will be behind us

10 hours ago, grumpysanta said:

GREAT video, almost feels like we were there ,  Thanks and enjoy.

Thanks grumpysanta! Pics reports were nice but video taken the way I do give a notch on the feeling to be there. I will certainly do more of those...

9 hours ago, slomo said:

Merci! Was in that area three season's ago in my first year of riding Quebec. Good memories of the Condos at lac Taureau and the trails north and south.

Bienvenue! It's a very nice spot for sledding, can't wait that this playground enlarge as it should with more snow to come

Edited by towing

Awesome Alain & KriKri!  Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful videos! Unfortunately now I am even further depressed than I was already. I should be leaving for my first trip of the season to Quebec in the next few days but that won’t be happening.  This COVID-19 has got to go!!

We will live vicariously through your trips and postings! Please please please keep them coming!

Best wishes for a Healthy & Happy 2021!

Tom

Edited by Florida Snowman

22 hours ago, GSX800 said:

Hard to believe how thin the snow is at this time of the year. I hope the conditions improve so you can help those of us south of the border to keep our sanity.  Stay safe and healthy and keep posting. 

Yes, it's in the later date for me for a first ride and with the thinner snow cover for the date. This week is still very mild but we have some snow preview on the weekend and January's like weather starting next week with deep cold. We still have to be patient...it will happen soon!

11 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

Awesome Alain & KriKri!  Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful videos! Unfortunately now I am even further depressed than I was already. I should be leaving for my first trip of the season to Quebec in the next few days but that won’t be happening.  This COVID-19 has got to go!!

We will live vicariously through your trips and postings! Please please please keep them coming!

Best wishes for a Healthy & Happy 2021!

Tom

You are welcome Tom! To be honest, if we have to live a shitty sledding season I prefer that it would be this season than any other. With the covid's restrictions all is more complicated and restricted. I really hope to be able to have a decent season for the health of my spirit but I already know it won't be the best one...

it's still early in the season and the best miles are always more toward the end than the begining of the season so let's keep positive and see what 2021 have for us ahead. I will certainly keep posting for you guys as usual in the next weeks

Wish you too a good and healthy 2021 and the best possible sledding season in the circumstances