Expensive Sherbrooke humor..Colebrook NH Chronicle, Jan 15, 2021

Cut & pasted from the Colebrook NH Chronicle, January 15, 2021 edition. Colebrookchronicle.com 

BREAKS CURFEW WALKING HUSBAND ON LEASH 

Walking your husband on a leash like a dog is no excuse for breaking the curfew set by the Quebec government.  A woman was stopped by police while she was walking her husband along King St. East in the City of Sherbrooke on Monday evening after the 8 p.m. curfew.  When Sherbrooke Police Officers rolled up to the people in question, they asked what they were doing out after curfew. The lady turned to the officers and told them she was just out walking her dog–the “dog” being her husband. Police were not amused and informed them they could give them fines up to $6,000 each. Police ended up giving them fines of $1,500 each. The couple
reportedly did not argue with officers and just finished their walk home, according to Officer Isabelle Gendron, Sherbrooke Police Service Communications Officer. 

Corey Bellam
QUEBEC
Colebrook NH Chronicle 

____________________________________________________________________________________

QUEBEC CURFEW CRACKDOWN 

Dozens of Quebec residents are facing fines for violating Quebec's newly enacted curfew laws that started on Saturday, Jan. 9 at 8 pm to try and curb the spread of the virus. Provincial Police (SQ) said they targeted about 20 locations across multiple towns and cities and issued more than 150 tickets ranging from $1500-$6000. In Quebec City, about 20 people protesting at around 8:20 pm Saturday evening were slapped with fines, according to Sgt. Etienne Doyon, adding that some had to be detained for failure to give I.D. to police officers. A protest in Sherbrooke prompted police to fine about a dozen people. Other locations all across Quebec had fines and arrests due to broken curfew. Quebec Premier Francois Legault hopes the fines will make people think a bit before breaking curfew. The curfew is from 8 pm -5 am from Jan 9 to Feb 8. 

Corey Bellan

Quebec

Colebrook NH Chronicle 

21 minutes ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:
Cut & pasted from the Colebrook NH Chronicle, January 15, 2021 edition. Colebrookchronicle.com 

BREAKS CURFEW WALKING HUSBAND ON LEASH 

Walking your husband on a leash like a dog is no excuse for breaking the curfew set by the Quebec government.  A woman was stopped by police while she was walking her husband along King St. East in the City of Sherbrooke on Monday evening after the 8 p.m. curfew.  When Sherbrooke Police Officers rolled up to the people in question, they asked what they were doing out after curfew. The lady turned to the officers and told them she was just out walking her dog–the “dog” being her husband. Police were not amused and informed them they could give them fines up to $6,000 each. Police ended up giving them fines of $1,500 each. The couple
reportedly did not argue with officers and just finished their walk home, according to Officer Isabelle Gendron, Sherbrooke Police Service Communications Officer. 

Corey Bellam
QUEBEC
Colebrook NH Chronicle 

____________________________________________________________________________________

QUEBEC CURFEW CRACKDOWN 

Dozens of Quebec residents are facing fines for violating Quebec's newly enacted curfew laws that started on Saturday, Jan. 9 at 8 pm to try and curb the spread of the virus. Provincial Police (SQ) said they targeted about 20 locations across multiple towns and cities and issued more than 150 tickets ranging from $1500-$6000. In Quebec City, about 20 people protesting at around 8:20 pm Saturday evening were slapped with fines, according to Sgt. Etienne Doyon, adding that some had to be detained for failure to give I.D. to police officers. A protest in Sherbrooke prompted police to fine about a dozen people. Other locations all across Quebec had fines and arrests due to broken curfew. Quebec Premier Francois Legault hopes the fines will make people think a bit before breaking curfew. The curfew is from 8 pm -5 am from Jan 9 to Feb 8. 

Corey Bellan

Quebec

Colebrook NH Chronicle 

Hey,...ho...It’s all about da money $$$$$$$$$$$$$

40 minutes ago, iceman said:

Hey,...ho...It’s all about da money $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Travel revenue is down, How do we fill the coffers?  KA-Ching! A Curfew Fee.

Because Covid is more active at night..... ( Kidding! )

Oh Well, I hear 2022 is going to be awesome!!!!

LOL

GutZ

13 minutes ago, Je me souviens said:

This post needs pics.  Maybe it was some kind of S&M shit

I wonder if he had booties on his paws to protect him from road salt and cold temps;  Those cops must have been laughing their asses off. I assume when the cops asked for ID she produced the dog license. How humiliating. I'm laughing just picturing the interaction. And to give them tickets? I would have told them this one is on me, you made my career. Next time take him to the doggy park. 

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

Because Covid is more active at night...

It’s more contagious and dangerous at night. You can’t see it at night silly. 

2 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

I wonder if he had booties on his paws to protect him from road salt and cold temps;  Those cops must have been laughing their asses off. I assume when the cops asked for ID she produced the dog license. How humiliating. I'm laughing just picturing the interaction. And to give them tickets? I would have told them this one is on me, you made my career. Next time take him to the doggy park. 

No dog license? Mo Money!!!!!!!!

You are allowed to walk you dog after curfew provided you are within 1 km of your home , so sad too bad, they did it on purpose to see if they could push the curfew regulation. 

On January 15, 2021 at 1:53 PM, MrGutz said:

Because Covid is more active at night..... ( Kidding! )

No kidding! Fed-up locked-up peeps be ragin' n ravin' after curfew crammed into tight little party places. 

But classrooms are a no-no!  

Oops...

Does this thread need to be in the time-out corner?