Ouch!

snowfarmer

1 hour ago, snowfarmer said:

2494AA8E-9AF7-4139-80FC-52950B99D15F.png

Been there done that, not fun. A group of guys helped lift / drag my dead sled onto the trailer while one guy grabbed the tilt pin from the back of my truck and put it in. 
I never checked his work. 45 minutes later all hell broke loose, long story short the draw bar broke at the pivot point, the trailer made one attempt to pass the truck then did several flips before finally ejecting the sled in the highway and the trailer parked on the snow bank. My fault I never checked and took his word that the pin was in correctly. 

Edited by Cnc

At Champlain border crossings,

we lower all left-side windows & shut off engine,

we hand them stacked passports open to picture pages,

they ask our destination & intentions,

we answer that we're going sledding,

they ask where are your sleds,

we all look at each other with that dumb-n-dumber:

"I THOUGHT YOU HOOKED UP THE TRAILER?!"

"DANG, I THOUGHT THE RIG WAS FEELING LIGHT!"

look...

2 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

So my question is...do you try to pick it back up at that point?  Or do you just call it in to the authorities and hope for the best when you call your insurance agent?

In my case sorta both!

Pulled into customs at A Bay one time. Put the window down and I hear all this noise coming from the trailer. Figured better pull over and check this out after going through. Got out to find this. Tie down bars were good and tight and brakes were on the sleds. Figure must have caught air on a few of the bridges on the 401! 

IMG_6485.JPG

9 hours ago, JBlavl said:

Pulled into customs at A Bay one time. Put the window down and I hear all this noise coming from the trailer. Figured better pull over and check this out after going through. Got out to find this. Tie down bars were good and tight and brakes were on the sleds. Figure must have caught air on a few of the bridges on the 401! 

IMG_6485.JPG

No tie-down strap on rear?