Crossing at Montebello

sledfarmer

On 1/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, sledfarmer said:

Does anyone know ice conditions crossing from Montebello to Ontario side ? Our local rivers are froze here but can't compare that to the Ottawa river.

547C537E-A46D-4E0C-BC90-F055BC7AE45F.thumb.jpeg.6a0f230b597c401a369dc4fe59649a4d.jpeg

Says it’s closed but I’m sure sleds are running it. I may try it on the week end heading up to my cottage.
We’ve been riding the river from the Carillon dam to Cushing, Qc already this year, roughly 8 klms on the river with no staking and there never is, 14” of ice there now.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Sledfarmer, I’ve been crossing it the last few week ends riding to and from my cottage in Duhamel.

I made a call to the club president back then and I would like to share with all of you what he said. 
The trail will be marked closed indefinitely on the FCMQ interactive map from now on. The club will no longer be staking the ice for insurance reasons. However the even though  the red line on the interactive map runs up on land for a bit, the trail is still maintained and groomed to the river, while on the river stay with in the tracks that have already be made. Basically follow the river on the north side from Montebello to Fasset where you can cross to Lafavre and catch the Ontario trail system. The crossing at Fasset/Lafavre is staked by the locals.

18 hours ago, quebec bob said:

bad day for blue Polaris'??

Bad day for both, one towing the other and when we came by the the one towing had his hood up with engine doing a smoke show. Buddy pulled them in tandem to the road crossing. Guys son was on the way with truck’n trailer.