Joliette/Koubec/Lac Blanc video ride report January29 2021

towing

Here the ride we did yesterday January29 2021

carte(3).jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

Due to circonstances and other reasons we had not ride much this season and this 2nd real ride for us was really nice. We had good cold weather and even we would like more snow, the actual cover do the job especially with the cold we have.

I make you a first video for the ride from home to Koubec

And the second one from Koubec to Pourvoirie du lac Blanc where we stopped for lunch.

Pourvoirie du Lac Blanc like all other snowmobile relais can't open their dining rooms because of the covid's sanitary measures. LIke many others, they comply with Quebec goverment rules by opening an exterior takeout desk where you can buy some food and they also offer a different interior snowmobile relai section that respect all goverment sanitary rules as for mask/distance etc,  where you can bring your food and eat there. It's not like usual but it was really nice to be able to eat in a warm, clean and safe place. When it's not too cold like on our first ride it's not so bad to eat outside but when riding in the -15C and below for many hours, a short break in a warm place to eat was more than appreciated! Kristine had also well appreciate the warm toilets, way more that the cold back of a spruce tree!

They also have a big fireplace outside

DSC02941a.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit

We streched the ride a little bit by making a round trip run to St-Alexis des Monts village and retraced our steps to ride down south towards St-Paulin and join the #3 trail in St-Ursule / Louiseville area and then ride home. There's some small spots with brownish snow and a few knocks in the skis but there is still enough snow to ride well and with the cold, conditions where good to very good on the majority of the ride. Here down the #3 trail south 

DSC02979.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=

We are already at the very end of January and even there are still a few closed sections(mostly because rivers), the trail network is fairly well connected and we can go pretty much where we want. The 8:00pm curfew and the covid's sanitary rules complicate the puzzle but with some planning and adaptation it is possible to ride and we are just entering in the best part of the season to do it...

as usual, more trail condition details and more: https://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/conditions/

2021 sledding season is now!

Alain

Edited by towing

On 1/30/2021 at 5:39 PM, P Hardy said:

Fantastic videos Alain! Thank you so much for posting!

You are welcome! I hope for more to come in the next weeks

13 hours ago, Pipemaster said:

As always, thanks so much for your video and report. Your really getting us from south of the border all worked up !!

Thanks again

My pleasure Pipemaster! I hope you managed to do some miles on your side of the border... before this ride, my total season's milage was less than what I sometimes ride in one day! 

2 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Merci beaucoup! 

Great Rock & Roll soundtrack too!

:drinks:

Bienvenue PLAYHARD! 👍