Your sled?

doo4adoo

My buddies went riding this weekend. He's the Cat guy in the picture. Apparently about 20 miles from Meekoo's the Doo came around the corner on the wrong side of the trail. How often do we see this crap.

Anyways he's fine as not hurt. Just getting dribs of what happened so far. Apparently the Doo is a registered  USA sled that he was using-borrowing. Anyone here missing a sled? Looks like both will be written off.

They were able to get a room at Meekoo's for the night and will limp it back to the Cabano tomorrow or I'll get a call and collect them.

On a better note when he was calling around this week most places were full for the weekend. Fer Cheval, 100 Lacs and Relais 22 and Cabano (not surprising). He was supposed to be at 100 Lacs and only got a room with a recent cancelation. Realis 22 gal said snow was very thin in their area and groomer had only passed once so far. Windigo apparently only opening in February. So all to say the weekends are holding up alright for our friends in the north. 

And lastly word was trails were great!!

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Wide corner.  Complete BS.  The more I ride the more I fear having this occur to me.  Keep right.  It's not that hard.  Sleds are getting better meaning the speeds keep going up but trails aren't getting any wider.  People's reaction times aren't getting faster either.  So many days I ride fresh groomer tracks on the right hand side after the trail has seen 100 plus sleds.  I don't get why it's so hard for so many.  I hope your buddy gave the guy a mouth full.

3 minutes ago, iceman said:

You can’t fix stupid. The world is full of innocent morons. More than 50% ride the middle all day long. 

Unfortunately, that is true for sure. Nobody has taught them properly or called them out to stay over.

If you dont clip a stray brush or limb a time or two each day....you arent riding right far enough. Besides....its flatter.:-)

My buddy mentioned all the scratches on the right side of my sled.  I told him that’s  how I try to stay alive as the lead dog in Quebec. Ride right 

again “criss de con”.  
 I hope no one was hurt.  And if he was not hurt I hope he told him what a fucking moron he is to be that far over.

Looks like a right hand corner for team yellow.  Not even a left.  No excuse for that shit 

5 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Anyways he's fine as not hurt.

Super glad to hear your buddy's OK. 

MF'ers!

5 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

...sled that he was using-borrowing.

And so much more of a reason to not ride like a dick.

Simple arithmetic, unfortunately, you can't give what you don't have: Respect

3 hours ago, EastMark said:

If you dont clip a stray brush or limb a time or two each day....you arent riding right far enough. Besides....its flatter.:-)

"Trail pin-striping"  They're badges of honor. 

225147231_Wordstoliveby.thumb.jpg.e6f917b5ab69fb8f85d9fab5d037c8c6.jpg

You keep right. I’ll keep right. If you’re pushing through the corners, slow down.   Thanks but no thanks for letting me know how many you have behind you. Keep both hands on the bars.  Too many close calls that take your breath away these days. 

1 hour ago, GSX800 said:

You keep right. I’ll keep right. If you’re pushing through the corners, slow down.   Thanks but no thanks for letting me know how many you have behind you. Keep both hands on the bars.  Too many close calls that take your breath away these days. 

I agree, keep both hands on the handlebars. Most snowmobilers travel with more then one in their group. My philosophy is there is a sled coming around every corner and over the next crest. 

3 hours ago, GSX800 said:

Simple common sense, yet it seems hard to fathom for some. You don’t drive using up the whole road in corners or drive down the middle of a 2 lane highway with your car,  yet they get out on a trail and they act like the whole width of the trail is theirs to use. 

Edited by Cnc

1 hour ago, Snobeeler said:

Sorry for your buddy, Are we to assume the other guy going to pay for everything? I would hope so.

That’s what I love about Quebec no fault insurance, if his buddy is from QC and has private insurance. He makes a claim with his insurance providing the other guys info and his insurance settles with him and then goes after the other guy, non of this screwing around waiting for the other guy or his insurance to settle.

I cannot even imagine how you could even begin to explain how this happened, guy on the skidoo is almost off the trail on the wrong side, not like it is a skinny trail and it is even banked low and right, looks like he should find a new pass time before some one dies. This is the exact reason why I go north to get away from these guys....but i know it could still happen, amazing no one is hurt, very lucky.

3 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

Sorry for your buddy, Are we to assume the other guy going to pay for everything? I would hope so.

Well in theory yes. But the guy apparently had no ID or papers with him. Sled wasn't his, borrowed from an American who likely left it this side of the border. My buddies insurance will cover his regardless but whether they get money from the guy who hit him is a question mark.

Will know more later this week. Bad part is nothing moves fast these days and often parts are back ordered, new sleds in general are hard to find, most sold out as everyone wants toys this year. Riding season is very short. 

2 hours ago, quebec bob said:

I cannot even imagine how you could even begin to explain how this happened, guy on the skidoo is almost off the trail on the wrong side, not like it is a skinny trail and it is even banked low and right, looks like he should find a new pass time before some one dies. This is the exact reason why I go north to get away from these guys....but i know it could still happen, amazing no one is hurt, very lucky.

Yup low traffic areas and weekdays.

2 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Well in theory yes. But the guy apparently had no ID or papers with him. Sled wasn't his, borrowed from an American who likely left it this side of the border. My buddies insurance will cover his regardless but whether they get money from the guy who hit him is a question mark.

Will know more later this week. Bad part is nothing moves fast these days and often parts are back ordered, new sleds in general are hard to find, most sold out as everyone wants toys this year. Riding season is very short. 

Yeah thats the real bitch here.  Hell loose 2 weeks to a month getting back riding in an already short season.  Not to mention an expensive trip away that ended too soon with a lot of inconvenience.

4 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

How convenient, no ID.  Based on the rest of the story sounds like he probably wouldn’t have given his ID even if he had it.  Riding someone else’s sled, he probably has no insurance of his own.  I always thought it would be a shit show trailside either way.  The most important thing is your buddy is not hurt.  The rest is just cash.  You can usually make more of that. Limbs are harder to grow.  

8 hours ago, quebec bob said:

True-Abitibi /Temiscamingue has less traffic but speeds are higher-had a Cat go by my ear going the other way over a rise into Royun-Noranda once-6" to the left I wud have been dead!

On 1/31/2021 at 12:24 PM, Snobeeler said:

I had a guy on a rental sled run over my SRX 20 years ago, while it was parked at Le Cabanon, he had never ridden a sled before and was from Troy New York, he tried hard not to give me identification, so I went into St Michelle to RV sports and talked to Mike the owner at the time, and we waited for this group to come back and got the police involved....it is hard to get paid if you do not get it settled and then the both of you go back home across the border, thankfully Mike helped me out, he also ran over the sled next to me. This is no sport for the inexpierenced or those who do not stay right.

Just above St Anne Du Lac 2 years ago. Wicked corner right after Range 10e. Knew the boys would be flying out of Laurier / St Anne after a big night. Had stopped about 15 minutes earlier to remind my son to stay right...lol 

He got an eyeful shortly thereafter.

Anyway, I was turning left at maybe 50kph right ski was literally in the ruhbarb.....dude came out of nowhere didn't even try to make the corner. just saw him out of the corner of my eye.....cranked the bars left and into the air I went. Complete flip.....land and all I can hear is another sled coming...... barely get up and out of the way and that lad ends up in the weeds with his pal. I run down the trail from the direction they came from as I hear more coming. Can't get far enough to get the 3rd one slowed so he ditches it as well. Finally got the 4th waved down and 4 other behind. 500km on the sled...not a scratch save for missing suspension. Was fun getting her back to St Anne Du Lac for flatbed back to Laurier. Straight to the boneyard she went after that. Been around that corner 4 times since.....don't think i've broken 15kph 🙂

Lucky nobody got seriously messed up that day for sure.

226.JPG

On 1/30/2021 at 6:33 PM, doo4adoo said:

My buddies went riding this weekend. He's the Cat guy in the picture. Apparently about 20 miles from Meekoo's the Doo came around the corner on the wrong side of the trail. How often do we see this crap.

Anyways he's fine as not hurt. Just getting dribs of what happened so far. Apparently the Doo is a registered  USA sled that he was using-borrowing. Anyone here missing a sled? Looks like both will be written off.

They were able to get a room at Meekoo's for the night and will limp it back to the Cabano tomorrow or I'll get a call and collect them.

On a better note when he was calling around this week most places were full for the weekend. Fer Cheval, 100 Lacs and Relais 22 and Cabano (not surprising). He was supposed to be at 100 Lacs and only got a room with a recent cancelation. Realis 22 gal said snow was very thin in their area and groomer had only passed once so far. Windigo apparently only opening in February. So all to say the weekends are holding up alright for our friends in the north. 

And lastly word was trails were great!!

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Did the mysterious American sled have a 2021 QC trail  pass/sticker???? If so there is at least FCMQ liability insurance. If not.........probably has none. !

True story, years ago our group was riding in Quebec and I could see another group coming down a large hill side maybe a mile away. I figured we would meet up because they were 90 deg to our right. Sure enough we met at a intersection, I was leading and went through the intersection no problem. When I looked back one of our guys was having a conversation with one of the other group and it appeared they had crashed into each other. They didnt seem mad nor even exchanged info. Reason was, they knew each other because they had tangled their sleds up with each other few years back. Still had each others info. What are the odds.

Update. So mystery man came good in that he sent all his license and other information to my buddy. Sled was registered in Indiana. As of late Sunday night he thinks the pass insurance will cover the damage. I'm pretty sure he's in for a rude a wakening on that. Also apparently he was the 2nd sled. 1 st was a 2 up and he was in the middle and ended up in the ditch per se shortly after having to swerve away from my buddy. At the end my buddy gave him his gas from the Linq so he would make it back to the truck with the other in tow. Buddy still waiting for adjuster and has accepted the fact he might have to ride a Doo rental for part or rest of the winter.