Another trail lost today

Cnc

WTF is wrong with people, seems many can’t stay on the trail and have no respect for the private property it crosses. So thanks to these deux watts, the snowmobile community pays with the lose of another trail.1E8526F3-933D-4555-AF5E-17A94E6F7CA4.thumb.png.2b2a7219db768991a5ced03cb89d1c9c.png

Edited by Cnc

11 minutes ago, grumpysanta said:

we are not making it easier to keep trails,, they will learn when they can only ride in there back yard...hope all is good cnc. down here all our lakes are still closed so SPECIAL people will just not care and run all over

Lots of slush on my lake but all the trails are open and in good shape. -25 tonight. 

Unfortunately this is the normal thinking nowadays. No respect is rampant and the real trail riders will pay the price for these actions. Like usual. Problem is zero enforcement. Even if they are caught it’s a ticket for trespassing. Impound the machines with a loss of right to buy a permit next year and take their driver liscenses for 6 months. Make it severe and then maybe just maybe it will occur less likely. I know the police and trail security can’t be everywhere but maybe less worry about checking for mirrors and paperwork and more operations to try to catch some of these morons. 

If you get caught hunting out of season most places you loose your liscense to hunt so this should be no different.

No bueno 

another hero on a long track

still not sure people really need a backcountry in the east

been said here many times.

around letape, in the chics chocs, and way up north maybe.   The rest of the time they have to try hard to find a place to use the long track and the pics above are the results.  
Sometimes I swear they go off trail right next to the “rester dans le sentier” sign to show us they can do as they please.

In french they say “criss de cons”

the only time I like seeing it off trail under the “mount laurier to La Tuque line” is when they find the hidden stump or boulder... game over moron.

8 minutes ago, iceman said:

Unfortunately this is the normal thinking nowadays. No respect is rampant and the real trail riders will pay the price for these actions. Like usual. Problem is zero enforcement. Even if they are caught it’s a ticket for trespassing. Impound the machines with a loss of right to buy a permit next year and take their driver liscenses for 6 months. Make it severe and then maybe just maybe it will occur less likely. I know the police and trail security can’t be everywhere but maybe less worry about checking for mirrors and paperwork and more operations to try to catch some of these morons. 

If you get caught hunting out of season most places you loose your liscense to hunt so this should be no different.

I agree totally, there needs to be serious consequences for their actions. Used to be when I started sledding there were no real official trails just trails we all used but everybody had a sled up here in those days and so no one care if you cut through their property because they were cutting through yours. It seems to me for a number of years after that  most people respected the trail system on private land but lately we have a new group of people who think they can go any where, maybe the sleds they sell these days,  I don’t know but we all lose because of these self entitled people. 

I feel some of this problem comes from the manufacturer and tv shows, magazines promoting off trail.  You buy a trail permit to ride the trail buy a trail sled.  if you want to play off trail find a place where it's allowed.   not every field is government land to play on.  we deal with this in ny and have lost many great sections of trail from it.  when it's rerouted it seems to have more road side ☹.  

11 hours ago, iceman said:

I agree with everything you said but in new York you get pulled over for DWI and now they write a ticket and tell you to drive slower going home. Hell  in new York city you can shot some one and get sent home.

21 minutes ago, Shore1066 said:

I agree with everything you said but in new York you get pulled over for DWI and now they write a ticket and tell you to drive slower going home. Hell  in new York city you can shot some one and get sent home.

Write to your congressman. Tell him or her. But seriously, I understand what you are saying. 

Respect is taught at home. Or it was in the past. Now it’s the me first mentality, where everyone does whatever they want and get trophy’s for it after. 

Yup these are morons that their parents never made them listen or do what they’re supposed to do or suffer consequences like a good ass beating if they don’t. There is good riding here in PA still and the local trails are marked like Quebec “please stay on trail or go home” whole bunch of morons rode out through a guys Wheatfield and some of the responses were “this doesn’t hurt anything “ why is he being such a dick. You can’t fix these people....

2 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Yup these are morons that their parents never made them listen or do what they’re supposed to do or suffer consequences like a good ass beating if they don’t. There is good riding here in PA still and the local trails are marked like Quebec “please stay on trail or go home” whole bunch of morons rode out through a guys Wheatfield and some of the responses were “this doesn’t hurt anything “ why is he being such a dick. You can’t fix these people....

I had some young punks have a party near my garage and for fun they damaged 11 vehicles at my shop, 18k worth of damage, we caught them and brought them to court, some of the parents were upset with me and actually asked if I could give them a break???? I told the court the parents were the real problem, they did 6 months in jail and the day they got out came to my shop and damaged my sign in broad daylight right in front of me, one of the fathers was mad that I prosecuted them again, I had an idea of taking care of it myself, but they would have sued me for what ever some liberal jury would give them....really hard to stop this shit!!

25 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

I had some young punks have a party near my garage and for fun they damaged 11 vehicles at my shop, 18k worth of damage, we caught them and brought them to court, some of the parents were upset with me and actually asked if I could give them a break???? I told the court the parents were the real problem, they did 6 months in jail and the day they got out came to my shop and damaged my sign in broad daylight right in front of me, one of the fathers was mad that I prosecuted them again, I had an idea of taking care of it myself, but they would have sued me for what ever some liberal jury would give them....really hard to stop this shit!!

WOW! Unreal and very frustrating 

12 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

You must live in a different NY than I do.

42 minutes ago, GSX800 said:

If you’re drinking and driving in NY and you get lit up by the police officer behind you...you are screwed!  I’m not aware that that has changed.

And you may no longer be able to cross into Canada.

On 1/30/2021 at 7:17 PM, Cnc said:

WTF is wrong with people, seems many can’t stay on the trail and have no respect for the private property it crosses. So thanks to these deux watts, the snowmobile community pays with the lose of another trail.1E8526F3-933D-4555-AF5E-17A94E6F7CA4.thumb.png.2b2a7219db768991a5ced03cb89d1c9c.png

Can't understand it.....seeing it more and more. Ran a farmstead around caddilac saturday afternoon.....droite fragille posted EVERYWHERE. Volunteers must have staked close to 5k both sides of the field. Lines, ropes, snow fence....can't imagine how long it took. Asshats still rode around it. Just sad 😞

3 hours ago, gowser said:

Can't understand it.....seeing it more and more. Ran a farmstead around caddilac saturday afternoon.....droite fragille posted EVERYWHERE. Volunteers must have staked close to 5k both sides of the field. Lines, ropes, snow fence....can't imagine how long it took. Asshats still rode around it. Just sad 😞

Maybe we are seeing the entitled generation in action, what ever the cause /  causes we unfortunately will all pay with trail loss and labeled as irresponsible.