Vroom Vroom Back to fast sleds and fast women

mikerider

I got the 650 Matryx VR1.  The midrange of this engine is incredible., nail it at 60 and the skis are still dangling off the ground at 80, The sled is super light. This is not your grandfather's Polaris.  Handling is the most confidence inspiring sled I have ever ridden. It just feels glued to the trail. The engine is fairly quiet for a two stroke and is extremely smooth.  For some reason the track feels like it hooks up better than the Doo's.  It rides very nice, not quite as soft as the RMotion, in fact feels totally different but really nice. The skis and ski suspension felt several times better than what I am used to on my SkiDoos. Overall, it is just what owner's are reporting, that this sled is really fun to drive. I would encourage anyone who is  a bit of a performance driver and sled head to rent one for the day. I was grinning from ear to ear.

mike

We had a very serious sledder I talked to about the 850 VR1 say the fatigue factor is super low riding these VR1’s. He owns 3 sleds and a sno bike.

Another serious sled couple we know....he rides the 850 VR1 and she the 650...love them. He said her 650 uses “much less” gas and oil both. They really love the 7” GPS that shows both sleds position on them.

I was moving right along today.  But I think even on a slower laid back ride they would be nice. At first it was really strange driving a two stroke again since my last 40,000 miles have all been on a four stroke. It took a good 20 or more miles to get used to the sled and the engine, and all of a sudden it was like a magic spell came over me and said wow, this sled is awesome.

Supposedly Mark, Houlton Motor sports buys up all the rentals at the end of the season and sells them for $8K, which is a steal for a one year old sled with another year warranty.

6 hours ago, Je me souviens said:

More info needed on the second part of the post title...fast women... did you get a rental for the day and another rental for the night too? Lol

Too funny.  The day rental brought on a big grin.  I may have to erase the 'fast women' part of the title.

12 hours ago, mikerider said:

I got the 650 Matryx VR1.  The midrange of this engine is incredible., nail it at 60 and the skis are still dangling off the ground at 80, The sled is super light. This is not your grandfather's Polaris.  Handling is the most confidence inspiring sled I have ever ridden. It just feels glued to the trail. The engine is fairly quiet for a two stroke and is extremely smooth.  For some reason the track feels like it hooks up better than the Doo's.  It rides very nice, not quite as soft as the RMotion, in fact feels totally different but really nice. The skis and ski suspension felt several times better than what I am used to on my SkiDoos. Overall, it is just what owner's are reporting, that this sled is really fun to drive. I would encourage anyone who is  a bit of a performance driver and sled head to rent one for the day. I was grinning from ear to ear.

mike

Mike I was riding 4 strokes for 10 years and I know the benefits...then in 18 I bought a backcountry 850....took a little getting use to going back to 2 stroke....now have a 2020 expedition extreme and a 19 850 backcountry....amazing how far they have come!!

Have been hearing a lot of good hype on the new Poo. Still for me I have to stay 4 stroke until I see better longevity on the 2s motors. Not sure if yours has the new gauge but its appartemtly pretty trick.

Hopefully you're in the path of this snow that's on the move now.

Still in the mountains of northwestern Maine. Snowing hard, supposed to get 12-18 inches.  We decided not to ride today as there are supposed to be white out conditions.

I didn't buy the Polaris, it was just a rental. It was also the sled the manager uses so I was lucky in that it was set up really nice. The gauge seems huge and the display numbers are very large, and has a white background.  Very easy to read and I liked it a lot.

Edited by mikerider