What's in your saddlebags?

smclelan

When you go saddlebagging in PQ, what do you have in your bags (not including clothing)? Lets make a list, I'll bet it will make a good resourse when packing for your next trip.

He are some of the things I always take along:

Flashlight

Extra Turnbuckles for Saddlebags

Plastic tie wraps

Small tool kit (sockets, multi head screwdriver, adjustable wrench)

Tow rope

Sharp knife

Extra heated shield cord

I 2nd the extra heated shield cord. Mine was acting up last year and we stopped at a dealer in Sacre Coeur and they wanted $37 for one!!! I figured I could fix what I had instead!!

In additions to what Smclelan carries...

I also carry a small LED flasher I can stick on the sled in case of a breakdown at night.

Cheapo digital watch as an alarm clock

Leatherman multi tool

Cold medication

Rolaids

Tooth glue, If Ike is reading this he'll understand!!!

Skidoo batteryless light

English to French translation booklet

Camera

Cable lock

bungee cords(for those broken turnbuckles)

Electrical tape

Cell phone

Plastic bottle of "Ron Carioca" for after the ride.

Fuses + Relays (I ride an ski doo SDI)

A couple of small nuts and bolts as spares.

Holy crap now I know why it weighs so much!!

I carry the following:

Tools which includes, sockets, socket wrench, allen wrenches, vice grips, Phillips and straight screwdriver, c-clip pliers, openend/box end wrenches and a Leatherman

Duct tape and electrical tape

25' nylon rope

Tow rope one that loops around back of ski

Fuses

Small assortment of bolts and nuts

Ty Raps

Hatchet

Folding saw

Extra qt of oil

Container of dry gas

Flash light

I found that bank bags are a great place to put this stuff. They are strong and have a nice zipper and are cheap.

In boating dry sack in nose of sled I carry

My cell phone cig lighter adapter

Fleece pullover

Extra pair of gloves

Extra pair of socks

Dryer lint for tinder in a ziplock bag

A lighter and matches

In my seat trunk I have

Factory tool kit

My own tool kit with ratchets, wrenches, and long hex key sockets

Tow rope - water ski rope with handle (you never know when you can have some fun dragging somebody)

Super siphon

Powerbar - need to get some new ones

Small bungies

Zip ties

Folding limb saw (came in handy last year-everyone got a good laugh when I whipped it out)

In my handlebar pack I carry

Digital camcorder

Extra battery for camcorder

Extra camcorder tape

ipod shuffle

2 way radio

Toilet paper

I usually carry a backpack in Quebec and have

Translation book

Chemical warmers

Duct tape

Tyvek tape

I keep my tunnel bag on at all times with all my emergency gear split between that and the seat pocket which on the Rev is pretty big.

LCD batteryless flashlight, also keep a small battery powered one on the tether

First Aid Kit

Tow Rope

Duct Tape

TP

Windproof lighter

Tow Rope

fuses

siphon

zip ties

spare shield cord plus the wiring to wire in a new outlet which I have had to do on the side of the trail.

spare pair of gloves

chemical handwarmers

also

Quart of oil mounted on the clutchguard, spare relay in the fuse box, cable lock wrapped around the tunnel rack

Doo any of you carry a portable shelter?

Yesterday I was watching Storm Stories on the Weather Channel and it was about some snowmobilers out west riding the contential divide.

A storm came in and they all got stranded. (If it's on again you all should check it out, it was quite interesting)

Anyway at the end of the segment the WC had a list of stuff outbackers should carry with them, and a portable shelter was one of them, I thought it would be a good idea.

Doo any of you carry a portable shelter?

Yesterday I was watching Storm Stories on the Weather Channel and it was about some snowmobilers out west riding the contential divide.

A storm came in and they all got stranded. (If it's on again you all should check it out, it was quite interesting)

Anyway at the end of the segment the WC had a list of stuff outbackers should carry with them, and a portable shelter was one of them, I thought it would be a good idea.

Pine boughs

Just to add, I carry a map of every region in Quebec, cause when the trail is smooth and fast (which is most of time) you never know where your sled might take you. Trails change from year to year so I get a new set every year.

right!!!...... and you can order them online for free and they will ship them for free....well at least in Québec.As for the trails goes.You never know which one can be closed.That's why forums like this one here exist!!

right!!!...... and you can order them online for free and they will ship them for free....well at least in Québec.As for the trails goes.You never know which one can be closed.That's why forums like this one here exist!!

They ship them free to the US also. Most of the clubs also come down to the local shows in the fall with the new maps too..