Back on it

iceman

Busted the ole girl out of the garage this afternoon. Dusted off the helmet and squeezed into my pre covid lockdown snowmobile gear. Still fits. Decided to go see what it looked like locally with a quick spin. Fresh 4” of snow maybe a bit more than that. Windy though and saw some drifty parts to prove it. 

Left home made a left 3 ouest to local trails to St Louis de France direction Trois Riveres. This fresh snow will help alot when they groom it in. Not much traffic at all midweek but most using a single track. I decided to break her open a bit wider as I just cannot ride down the middle. Not bad close to home a sloppy trail with the fresh snow drifted up all over. Felt good to squeeze the flipper and hear my Apex sing. Running on fumes from last year but made it to gas in St Louis de France. Filled her up and my rotopak spare juice gan too. Pay at the pump. Keeping my social distance. Enjoyed watching the guy trying to clear the snow with the front end loader must be his first day, but hey practice makes perfect. 

Continued on down to Cap de Madeline rode to the shop to make sure no one was driving my truck. All good there she is cozy in garage enjoying her day off. Back up the local and its groomed here and in the woods pretty nice. Followed the groomed trail to junction with 351 and headed for St Maurice. Passed a couple of people leisurely. Into the fields after crossing the Autoroute 40 it got interesting. Searching for sticks in blowing snow it was a great “hey I remember this moment” big drifts here. The groomer wasted fuel coming through here but I guess I am lucky he did. Once to the Junction with TQ3 a group was stopped there. My phone was ringing in my pocket but I was not answering. TQ3 groomed and not drifty all the way to Lac A Tortue. Burned it up. Followed 3 to Shawinigan,  freaking Shawinigan Sud is snirty brown snow all along by the junction to Reggies at Drakkar. Never seen that ever in February not even in March. Crazy. They been burning it down to the sand. Really need about 40 cm more to fill all the dips and holes. It’s truly like early season riding here still. Sure you can ride but its nothing like it usually is in February. Need more snow. 

Cruised on back on TQ3 to chez Ice. Good first ride. Tested out the garmin Inreach mini tracking, mrs Ice likes follow along. Riding alone it’s another tool, nice to have. 

Maybe tomorrow after they groom it up I will venture out further. Did about 50 miles. 

Its just about good enough to take the Mrs out but I won’t be riding on the weekends way too many people with limited skill sets and new sleds.

75C6BCAB-0E0B-4506-A916-F29F42A92354.thumb.jpeg.0bef30b0b956371e60fbcd14b1a9cbfc.jpeg1EA43535-2A4A-4BAD-87D7-F1867E7255A6.thumb.jpeg.cbb745d4d126a97d692fa5e925b27154.jpeg3CE616F8-98BC-4148-83CB-A0BE9D4BF814.thumb.jpeg.4a5b566cefb034ea023d77f2e61abe92.jpegD2D7341C-1CC5-4474-8E23-61F94C2A135C.thumb.jpeg.44d6d5fef74a61e3db091dcd5128fde0.jpeg

Edited by iceman

Feels good to get out doesn’t it. I spent yesterday buzzing around the trails around my place after the slush on my lake finally froze up and I was able to pack a trail down the lake to the trail system. Better late than never.👍

55 minutes ago, Florida Snowman said:

Hey Don,

Glad you finally got to take your horse for a ride!  Did you see my lonely trailer when you were in Cap de Madeline?

Having major withdrawals and depression down here!

Enjoy!!!

Did not see your trailer yesterday but it’s at Pierres in quarantine right next to David’s

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Grab the shoelaces.

Can't be too careful (said Jeffrey Epstein's caretakers).

I don't really want to put anyone over the edge but my kid has a friend from Alberta who is ready to declare war on his own government.  He said if he comes to the states and goes back he would have to get a covid test done by the government of their design at the cost of 2 thousand dollars.  Then go to a hotel for 36 hours with a cost of 2000 dollars.  If a positive test comes back you will have to go to a government facility of unknown place and after 2 weeks if you make it you will have to pay a unknown amount.  

Now before I get jumped on let's hear from our Canadian friends to hear what is really going on.  Oh yes he deals in the oil industry in Alberta that Biden just shut down.  

Are we ever going to get to ride in Quebec again and I'm serious about that.

very sad shutting down the pipe line, hundreds of millions spent already, 10k lost their jobs, good jobs, gas is already up 40 cents a gallon, home heating propane was 129 a gallon in October, just filled up yesterday at home for 199 a gallon, just wait and see 350 by next fall for gas ans diesel , this will do wonders for the economy and international relations , if we go into a recession, with inflation and unemployment, and the market goes down to 20k....these guys will never be elected again.Your friend will be one of many ready to declare war.