mainr riding

Blueblood

Blueblood,  you have managed to really see the best of Maine  Are you still in Maine.? I am back in Millinocket for a week. I am really liking the 3 hour ride to get here vs. 6 1/2 hrs. trip to RDL.  And I am loving the cheap prices I am paying for dinner each night.

During my week this trip there will be five QuebecRiders in Millinocket. I actually thought there would be many posting they are riding in Maine. Apparently some must be sitting out the winter.  Riding today was 5 stars, went to WildWood Cabins. 

mike

IMG_0075.JPG

Left Millinocket about 815 this AM. Lisa and I ht many good trails up to Shin Pond to Libby Camps( typical amazing food there ) and back thru Mattagammon to Milly. Back at 2:45. Got busier and a little choppy last 20 of 160 miles. Nearly All great. Fun day. Honored to have RDL Mayor Mike here tearing up the local trails too.

PXL_20210219_132533413 2.jpg

PXL_20210219_152945126 2.jpg

PXL_20210219_150950912 2.jpg

PXL_20210219_145037678 2.jpg

12 hours ago, mikerider said:

Blueblood,  you have managed to really see the best of Maine  Are you still in Maine.? I am back in Millinocket for a week. I am really liking the 3 hour ride to get here vs. 6 1/2 hrs. trip to RDL.  And I am loving the cheap prices I am paying for dinner each night.

During my week this trip there will be five QuebecRiders in Millinocket. I actually thought there would be many posting they are riding in Maine. Apparently some must be sitting out the winter.  Riding today was 5 stars, went to WildWood Cabins. 

mike

IMG_0075.JPG

Mike I am here for atleast one more week maybe two.  1700 miles in Maine this year so far.  I'm in Presque isle at the Hampton right now headed back to Millinocket today to neoc.  Maine is nice but quebec is better in my view.  took me 11 hours to drive here which is about the same to RDL. 

Hi Mike 

we will be in Presque Isle today for the week 

as of now we are planning day trips out of the convention center

Schooter and Keith 

No argument from me Blueblood that Quebec is nicer, but so far my two trips to Millinocket have been very satisfying.  Was at Libby's Camps at 9:45 this morning. Had to wait 15 minutes for them to open and feed me. And I feel like I am saving a bunch of money riding Maine vs. Canada.

Shooter and Keith,    have fun. Heard the PI Convention Ctr is really nice. I am not sure if Oxbow is within a day loop for you, but when I was up there a week ago the trails in that area were awesome on the south side of Oxbow.

mike

It was moving to see it. Had another great day today. Left Milly about 9 and headed to the B52 Crash Site. Always wanted to see it but dont care to ride Greenville area so it was a chance to drop down to the site from here and then to Kokajo and back. Another 160 miles. Some great views up here on the trails. Dowtown Connector was trash. Out of town was good to perfect.Yes, Weekends are so different..agreed! Real fun day though. Head home in the AM. Great trip. 

PXL_20210220_141523805.jpg

PXL_20210220_164507961.jpg

PXL_20210220_164457879.jpg

Left at 7:30. Topped off gas at Shin Pond. Trails were hard and smooth.  Most of the way back was also very nice, hardly  anyone had used the southbound lane, where as I could see the NB was heavily traveled since I had been through.

Really enjoying the Millinocket area. If only Universel would build me a hotel here.

Today's ride was up around by Baxter Park and almost over to Kokajo and looped around a different trail coming back. Hit lots of smooth trails  (until afternoon, but hey, its a Sunday) and beautiful sights including several views of Mt. Katahdin and Abol Dam,  and the Penobscot River.

mike

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

On 2/20/2021 at 4:04 PM, mikerider said:

No argument from me Blueblood that Quebec is nicer, but so far my two trips to Millinocket have been very satisfying.  Was at Libby's Camps at 9:45 this morning. Had to wait 15 minutes for them to open and feed me. And I feel like I am saving a bunch of money riding Maine vs. Canada.

Shooter and Keith,    have fun. Heard the PI Convention Ctr is really nice. I am not sure if Oxbow is within a day loop for you, but when I was up there a week ago the trails in that area were awesome on the south side of Oxbow.

mike

mike 

we made it to Oxbow today 83 to 86 to 81/85 then to 88 back to presque Isle 

the convention center could use some love  and tonight they do not have a cook so no food and no bar 

luck we had packed popcorn and adult beverage 

schooter

Mike

Had to pick the dog up so no. I saw your sled at 8 and then gone at 845 when we left so you got an early start. Key this week especially with traffic up as you know.

We hit Kokadjo yesterday and got barked at by Marie that runs it making it complete. LOL. She is a character.

Jak and Skidoo 420 joined me today for a romp down to Wildwood Cabins and lodge.  I was embarrassed showing them the area on a Monday after the somewhat heavy weekend traffic.

Pretty much every inch of the way was freshly groomed to perfection. It was the perfect day and Quebec like trails.  The husband and wife team at Baxter Park Inn are turning out to be the perfect hosts.  The food at Wildwood was great and portions were huge. Couple pics of the lodge at Wildwood. I thought this winter would be a disaster, turns out it has been awesome!

mike

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

14 hours ago, mikerider said:

Jak and Skidoo 420 joined me today for a romp down to Wildwood Cabins and lodge.  I was embarrassed showing them the area on a Monday after the somewhat heavy weekend traffic.

Pretty much every inch of the way was freshly groomed to perfection. It was the perfect day and Quebec like trails.  The husband and wife team at Baxter Park Inn are turning out to be the perfect hosts.  The food at Wildwood was great and portions were huge. Couple pics of the lodge at Wildwood. I thought this winter would be a disaster, turns out it has been awesome!

mike

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

Mike

Any pics of the cabins or lodge rooms, it seemed like a good place to base out of for a 3-day with Mason and Brothers. He's getting good quick.... too quick.... Leaving his poor Uncle in the Dust!!

I did not want to deal with downtown trails in Milli with him. 

Thanks

GutZ