mainr riding

Blueblood

Tuesdays drive up was wild. A 15 car pile up on rt 1 north of Houlton....cleared but stop and go...couldnt see from snow blowing...3 times hit closed roads there to Caribou. Worth every minute of it. Cold temps have the trails set up nice. Best all year.

Grooming conditions are good...so the trails are staying together pretty well. Went to the Allagash to Lakeview and back W. Went to Libbys and back Th. Both days 200 miles on the button oddly. Great fun.

Today kept it short....border trail to Long Lake Sportsman and back. Around 115. Super fun day.

Mike...if the temps dont crush ot get up another 90 minutes above Milly and try it. 🙂

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

Thanks Yeti and Eastmark for posting the great pictures.  I have found some great riding in Maine this season. If we are shut out of Quebec again next season, I now know I will survive. And loving that quick 3 hour drive.  

mike

I now have my vaccine and I am beginning to worry about Quebec next season...after 30 years of not riding Maine....you guys have convinced me to take up a month of residency if we get shut out next season.

Back in the saddle at the Baxter Park Inn in Millinocket. A few other QuebecRiders also here.  We got a hundred mile ride in this afternoon. Some trails slightly choppy but nothing that slowed us down, other trails near perfect.  Tomorrow's agenda is Shin Pond Village to rent a couple Matryx R1 sleds.

mike

This morning we were out the gate at 0630 and at Shin Pond at 0745. Coffee and jumped on the rental Polaris's.  The fun factor of these sleds and their amazing handling made for an enjoyable day. Went up around Libby's Camps, across to Unclocus  Camps and back to Shin Pond at noon for lunch with 110 miles on the rentals. Trails were fantastic. Riding back to the hotel hit a few small stretches of chop over by Abol Dam. Great sunny day with below zero start and mid thirties finish.  One hundred and ten years of snowmobiling between gkw and myself. Then happy hour talking about all the great sleds of the 60's and 70's, for those that know back then what a Red Baron or Honker meant.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

59 minutes ago, EastMark said:

Bummer. I avoid Greenville. Trails around there are both quiet and awesomely groomed....occasionally. 😉 

My roughest trail this season I hit was Greenville to Kokadjo....and there was very few rough ones luckily.

We never ride the trail from Greenville to Kokadjo because we've never seen it good. We have no problem taking the lake.  12 miles east of Kokadjo was not bad.  Was surprised to see the Millinocket side so rough. 

Mark,  As I recall the rentals are $250 a day or $165 for half a day.  

Today's trails were 210 miles of magic carpet ride. Never went above freezing, but looks like the warm up is coming. Saw a burned sled on the trail, wasn't there yesterday.

mike

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

Edited by mikerider

Mike good to see the trails are still in great shape   heading back up Friday night  with poltodoo after warm up but by talking the grooming community it’s all in this weekend  again thanks for getting me back to Maine as I had a great season and I know you did as well 

27E307AF-A085-4D59-A929-26F00D642936.jpeg