Accommodation - Mount Saint Pierre Area

Signfan

The Delice has a self contained two story townhouse which is pretty good, kitchenette, etc. Food at Motel Mont St. Pierre is way better.

We typically stay in St. Anne Des Mont at the Hotel & Cie. or have stayed in Grande-Vallee at the Maree Haute Motel. Maree Haute is one of those neat and clean places, not fancy. Good food, but you have to walk across a parking lot to get it. It's better than its two stars imply..

14 minutes ago, P Hardy said:

The Delice has a self contained two story townhouse which is pretty good, kitchenette, etc. Food at Motel Mont St. Pierre is way better.

We typically stay in St. Anne Des Mont at the Hotel & Cie. or have stayed in Grande-Vallee at the Maree Haute Motel. Maree Haute is one of those neat and clean places, not fancy. Good food, but you have to walk across a parking lot to get it. It's better than its two stars imply..

Awesome.  Thanks for the info.  Exactly what I was looking for.

Yeah we're coming from the south.  Planning 3 days.

Matane - New Richmond

New Richmond - Grande Valley area

Grande Valley - Matane 

I really want to ride 587 south, La Cache to Murdochville and Grande Valley - Cap Chat.  Trying to stick to days at or under 300 km and with decent accommodation.  Riding with my wife which limits the length of the days and need to avoid the less nicer establishments.  Is Hotel Copper in decent shape?

Living in Canada I’m sure you know the rules concerning travel during covid change more often than some politicians change underwear. Depending on your timing for your trip, there are rumours of QC considering tightening travel between Provence’s and possibly regions during it’s upcoming spring break. Might want to avoid that time period. March 1-8.

Yeah probably need to go now or not go.  Was thinking the free weekend would be one to avoid as well.  Debatable what is going to happen in the next month.  I know it's takeout only if you aren't a local and the pools and hot tubs may be off limits to anyone who isn't local as well.  9:30 curfew in the Gaspe, but have to be out of the other regions while driving down there by 8 pm.  All reasonable and achievable, but will require some planning.

36 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Yeah probably need to go now or not go.  Was thinking the free weekend would be one to avoid as well.  Debatable what is going to happen in the next month.  I know it's takeout only if you aren't a local and the pools and hot tubs may be off limits to anyone who isn't local as well.  9:30 curfew in the Gaspe, but have to be out of the other regions while driving down there by 8 pm.  All reasonable and achievable, but will require some planning.

Just need to pay attention to Quebec news channels for any developments before you go. 

On 2/13/2021 at 10:57 AM, Signfan said:

Yeah we're coming from the south.  Planning 3 days.

Matane - New Richmond

New Richmond - Grande Valley area

Grande Valley - Matane 

I really want to ride 587 south, La Cache to Murdochville and Grande Valley - Cap Chat.  Trying to stick to days at or under 300 km and with decent accommodation.  Riding with my wife which limits the length of the days and need to avoid the less nicer establishments.  Is Hotel Copper in decent shape?

HÔTEL-MOTEL GRANDE-VALLÉE-DES-MONTS   You can't go wrong with this spot Signfan. You will score points with your wife. Very clean and awesome food. The only thing we noticed was that the washrooms were very small in the motel units.

6 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:
HÔTEL-MOTEL GRANDE-VALLÉE-DES-MONTS   You can't go wrong with this spot Signfan. You will score points with your wife. Very clean and awesome food. The only thing we noticed was that the washrooms were very small in the motel units.

Thanks

Got this reply to my inquiry tonight.  Guess I'm not as welcome in the Gaspe as I thought.  To her credit she was polite about it.

Very sorry, but we don't take red zone or ontario, 
Julie
Show quoted text
--
Auberge l'Amarré 
Julie Asselin, directrice
30, 1ère avenue Est

Mont-Louis (Québec)  G0E 1T0
Tél.: 418 797-2323 || Cel.: 418 763-8707

We decided to put this trip off by a few weeks.  Still a lot of good riding to be had at home.  I did talk to the LE DÉLICE MOTEL RESTAURANT tonight and recieved a very welcoming "you're always welcome in the Gaspe" response.  So we may just stop there.  It doesn't look terrible at all.  Not high end but that's ok.  

One more question.  What is the best place to stay in Amqui?  Looking at maybe leaving from there instead of Matane.