Head-on Portneuf area?

actionjack

1 hour ago, grumpysanta said:

any news or photos

I don’t see any recent news of accidents  yet for the area. Some older ones dating back into January.

1 hour ago, actionjack said:

Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 3.56.30 PM.png

Reading through all the comments.

what you cannot see is apparently there is a left hander (turn) behind the photographer here. The guy coming into the left hand turn took it way left and hit the other guy minding his business on his side of the trail. Ironically they know each other but were not riding together. One basically walked away from this not injured the other sounds like a broken shoulder or collarbone. But no life threatening injuries.

#KeepRight

#PartsIsParts

9 minutes ago, actionjack said:

Crazy!.  Yeah I knew there had to a turn at the camera's back.  I read through some (rusty since not been in QC since '17).  

This year it would not surprise me if this happened on a straightaway, but not this time. 

Big Impact there man. 2 lucky people. 

On a motorcycle your bike goes where your eyes look, fixation on an on coming car ior other object on the side of the road is not uncommon with newer riders and the results usually aren’t pretty. I am pretty sure this happens with sleds too since I have several times had to take evasive action where a on coming sled starts coming at me and invades my side for no real apparent reason on straightaways or Curves where we can see each other. 

I sometimes catch myself on the trail thinking about if someone comes around the next corner out of control and on my side....and in the split second I see they cant get back...going right off trail may not be enough...I may need to dive left.

Sucks we have to consider this stuff...but its potential reality at every turn I guess.

Glad those guys survived. Looks ugly.

Edited by EastMark

HOLY S#$%!!  AMAZING anyone walked away from that...go buy a lottery ticket...every time I see something like this I thank God it has not happened to me in 56 years...certainly some luck involved, once had a renter run over my sled while it was parked in a parking lot...you cannot be careful enough....sleds are very good and fast and light and sometimes you are in the wrong place at the wrong time and meet up with someone who is not paying attention or has no business being out there...everyone be well and safe . Some are lucky to be able to get out this season with lock downs, this is the last thing you need, getting hurt a 100 miles from help, you can always buy a new sled.