digital camera

coldsmoke1

im on the market for a good camera my easy share died the outher day im looking at a canon power shot sx 110 1s i just nead one to hold up in the cold weather whats everyone on here using

thanks coldsmoke

Cold smoke , I have real good luck with the Sony Steady Shot, It is compact, nice battery that works well in super cold temps, and takes good pics.

Just make sure what ever you get that it will operate in the cold temps, I know your riding locations well :drinks:

Are you still heading north on friday, pm me with on the details when you have a chance

Best regards

RR

I have a canon Powershot A540. It is an inexpensive camera that works well in the cold. I usually get a week out of the batteries between charges. There are many options out there, just make sure whatever one you choose takes nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH) batteries and you will be fine. Lithium ion's are not worth a shit in the cold.

Happy Holidays!

Karl

I have a canon Powershot A540. It is an inexpensive camera that works well in the cold. I usually get a week out of the batteries between charges. There are many options out there, just make sure whatever one you choose takes nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH) batteries and you will be fine. Lithium ion's are not worth a shit in the cold.

Happy Holidays!

Karl

Good advice, and the most important consideration in choosing a camera for snowmobiling.

The Canon A590 IS would be a excellent camera, it is on sale now for $160can @ the Future Shop. This is a very good camera and the Image Stabilization is a great feature. I have one the same style but two years older. It takes great pictures and fits in the inside pocket of my jacket. I purchased a set of rechargable NI-MH batteries and throw the charger in my saddle bags. On one trip two years ago we were out for 9 days at -25 or colder every day and would charge up the batteries every three days.

I currently use one of the Kodak easy share camera's. It's 12 mp, it taked regular AA batteries and has a 5x optical zoom. Works great with the Duracel or Kodak rechargable batteries. Takes great pictures, fits in my inside pocket when riding. I have also used it to take movies with sound when riding. I also bring my recharger along with me and an extra set of batteries. I always get at least a couple days on a charge. Another added plus is the standard SD card that it uses and I have been using a 2 gig card. I havent run out of space for photo's yet. Can be purchased at Walmart for $160.00

Happy Holidays!

Karl

I agree, Battry performance at low temp is the most important factor in purchasing a digital camera for Snowmobile use. It was my understanding that Lithium works best at low temps.

Scroll to page 3 here.

thanks guys for all your info very helpfull i did not know lithium batterys suck for the cold i decided on that canon powershot

now if i could only find out how to post my pics on here lol i must have at least 1000 quebec ridding pics

roadrunner

im wating to see if i could just ride up from fort kent up to the ferry in matane as for what day im leaving it all depends on the condish

happy trails coldsmoke :drinks:

thanks guys for all your info very helpfull i did not know lithium batterys suck for the cold i decided on that canon powershot

now if i could only find out how to post my pics on here lol i must have at least 1000 quebec ridding pics

roadrunner

im wating to see if i could just ride up from fort kent up to the ferry in matane as for what day im leaving it all depends on the condish

happy trails coldsmoke :drinks:

Coldsmoke, sounds great hope you make it up. You may want to check the conditions in Cote Nord, I know earlier postings talked of a lot of rain damage to the trail network this fall. Particularly if you end up going to godbout in lieu of Baie Comeau and try heading west towards Escoumin, sounded like several bridges were out between godbout and baie comeau

Happy Holidays

RR

We will be waiting for those pics :clapping:

Coldsmoke, sounds great hope you make it up. You may want to check the conditions in Cote Nord, I know earlier postings talked of a lot of rain damage to the trail network this fall. Particularly if you end up going to godbout in lieu of Baie Comeau and try heading west towards Escoumin, sounded like several bridges were out between godbout and baie comeau

Happy Holidays

RR

We will be waiting for those pics :clapping:

hi coldsmoke and roadrunner !!

just checked for a few info on french forum .

tq 3 ,north shore , should be ready for jan 15 or before .they are doing temporary work right now to fix tq 3.from tadoussac ,baie comeau ,godbout and port cartier.

rimouski .downtown ,not ready yet .

578 , toward ,st anaclet .luceville ,mont joli has been groomed , but not a-1 at all.....bs

tq 5 st valerien ,passable ,but not much snow.

ste blandine ,st marcellin ,st narcisse ,tq 5 and 548 , good conditions .

for riki area ,it has been posted on dec 19 by the club.

r d l ,downtown ,not great ,fields are bad. up town ,great according to a guy on the french forum .

joyeux noel and bonne année !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

hi coldsmoke and roadrunner !!

just checked for a few info on french forum .

tq 3 ,north shore , should be ready for jan 15 or before .they are doing temporary work right now to fix tq 3.from tadoussac ,baie comeau ,godbout and port cartier.

rimouski .downtown ,not ready yet .

578 , toward ,st anaclet .luceville ,mont joli has been groomed , but not a-1 at all.....bs

tq 5 st valerien ,passable ,but not much snow.

ste blandine ,st marcellin ,st narcisse ,tq 5 and 548 , good conditions .

for riki area ,it has been posted on dec 19 by the club.

r d l ,downtown ,not great ,fields are bad. up town ,great according to a guy on the french forum .

joyeux noel and bonne année !!!

groomer !!! :drinks:

Thank you for the update groomer, happy holidays

RR

Happy Holidays!

Karl

Lithium Ions are the best in the cold. I can get 2-3 days from my GPS with LI batteries vs less than a day with regular batteries and my camera which takes AA goes a season with a set.