Local Ride 5

iceman

Well getting away this week just was not gonna work out. I did spend yesterday out and about and was rewarded with spectacular fresh groomed trails and very little other traffic on my private trail monday. 

I wanted to strap the bags on and head for Saguenay. I got no issue riding alone, I just miss my Team and honestly I love riding, we all do. Finishing the day then settling in and having Happy Hour then finding our way to dinner. I just could not imagine sitting in a Hotel room alone. Rather just keep riding. So I decided I was not doing it. I may change my mind in a week but right now lacking the enthusiasm, big time as it just aint the same. 

Decided to run all around toward the east and up to Lac Aux Sable then back down basically doing a bingo ride. 

Everything was groomed rode 99% perfect trail with the exception of 23 up over the mountain down into Montabaun. (This section always rough). But not terrible. 

From home was first tracks and it stayed that way until I turned off to go up 23 to Montabaun.

Local to St Louis de France to Cap de Madeline, the 351 along the Autoroute 40 was a superhighway flat and fast. Then local Orange trail to Saint Luc Vincent. The. Saint Narcisse TQ3 east to Saint Cashmir then 302 to 353 to TQ23. In St Tite 351 to St Severin then Local Orange to St Stanislas. TQ 3 back down local this time from St Luc to join with 351.

trails still holding up nicely have seen very few others. Love the weekdays. 351 east along the Autoroute 40 I arrived at Batiscan and could not decide whether to go up through St Genevieve or continue east then take next Local back up toward old Rogers Cabin. Decisions Decisions.

headed east then took the local back up past Rogers and rejoined TQ3 in St Prosper. TQ 3 back to Shawinigan-Sud and onward to home. 

335 kilometers ending up where I started. Great day. Wish you all were here. 

The mrs was following along on my mapshare and was confused as hell as I got closer to home then veered away to do the bonus ride. Pretty funny. 

She is becoming quite the excellent student starting to remember trail numbers and names of towns, she is impressing me. Her enthusiasm to ride is awesome and I am slowly building her up. She was not happy to have to teach yesterday she wants to ride. I will get her out this weekend if not before. Maybe an overnight Saturday somewhere.

until next time.

5535E710-61AD-4D1E-829E-A0BE5903D32E.thumb.jpeg.aa613964cd4bd419c9397240d5010e0d.jpeg

19178A42-BAB9-48AB-8742-B3D38AB475F8.thumb.jpeg.0985aeb073463496e9b7e2b0976af17a.jpeg

CF555E91-4DC6-40FA-A909-46DAB27A16A7.thumb.jpeg.20f5710496e67a78c498ea3f1e6fa214.jpeg

66287FEE-8064-44B9-9B42-902BF168F79A.jpeg

0A62133C-04AA-43BF-898E-077C6B7D062F.jpeg

21642ABD-5E1D-4E66-B2AC-C8356E0BA347.jpeg

A2B4BB7E-A3D2-403D-806F-116624C9D7F9.jpeg

F15B8F7C-F26B-4FC4-8440-C73E80A6B63E.jpeg

Thanks for sharing Don!  I wish I was up there with you headed north & then west! 
Not easy being the middle of February & realizing I probably won’t put on a single mile this year. Very very depressed here!

Miss you brother!

2 hours ago, Florida Snowman said:

Thanks for sharing Don!  I wish I was up there with you headed north & then west! 
Not easy being the middle of February & realizing I probably won’t put on a single mile this year. Very very depressed here!

Miss you brother!

I hear ya brother, not the same kinda season at all.

59 minutes ago, jak said:

Thanks for the pictures Ice, your a lucky fella.

Thanks sir, Always said “rather be lucky than good”

30 minutes ago, grumpysanta said:

TRAILS LOOK GOOD  but not much base..I took a pass on this winter , cannot not see me eating on sled and then hibernate in room all night.

Spot on. There is zero base. So considering what they have to work with they are doing great. It will go fast once it warms up.

yeah the sitting in hotel, alone has me not wanting to go for sure.

Thanks Don. Its been nice to see you and the Mrs. out on the trail. We are living through the real "Quebec" riders.

Its hard to believe there will be no riding this season for us. The boarder closed just after we finished last years ride.

We are looking forward to better days.

1 hour ago, GT Rider said:

Thanks Don. Its been nice to see you and the Mrs. out on the trail. We are living through the real "Quebec" riders.

Its hard to believe there will be no riding this season for us. The boarder closed just after we finished last years ride.

We are looking forward to better days.

I hear you loud and clear cannot wait for you all to get up here again.

10 minutes ago, neksledr said:

I'll bet Don perked up when he heard JD, only to be let down a little by the green version!

You can bet they got the original version close by, or for sure some Fireball. 

You really know how to kick a guy don’t you Don?                                                                                        But seriously thank you so much for sharing the pics, I wish you many miles of smiles up there this winter, be safe. 😀👍

Edited by Pipeman

4 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

You really know how to kick a guy don’t you Don?                                                                                        But seriously thank you so much for sharing the pics, I wish you many miles of smiles up there this winter, be safe. 😀👍

Like everything else these days 

damned if you do

damned if you don’t 

lol.

Meanwhile all the High-Mileage Forum'mates here know, riding without a saddlebag can feel naughty! Like not wearing any underwear!

Looking forward,

thru a square bottle,

with sunniest regards,

from One Happy Island,

IMG_20210217_000006.thumb.jpg.58767076ef4d8cbb7025ec0e9f575044.jpg

7 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Meanwhile all the High-Mileage Forum'mates here know, riding without a saddlebag can feel naughty! Like not wearing any underwear!

Looking forward,

thru a square bottle,

with sunniest regards,

from One Happy Island,

Naughty indeed, mon ami.

On 2/16/2021 at 11:10 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Looking forward,

thru a square bottle,

with sunniest regards,

from One Happy Island,

I dont know what you're thinking, the trailz there are not even groomed?

Aruba.jpg.thumb.PNG.e62f4cda21f4650e34e8c10b5b18604c.PNG

GutZ