Possible Trail Closures

Snobeeler

The following is the text translated by GOOGLE from the above article SNOBEELER provided the link too. .

JULIEN CABANA
Friday, February 19, 2021 5:00 AM
UPDATE Friday, February 19, 2021 5:00 AM

If ever the threats of trail closures in Mauricie materialize, we could witness a real explosion of Quebec's snowmobile trail network. It is one to midnight.
This threat comes from farmers who are tired of having their crops destroyed by delinquents who respect nothing.
“We represent more than 1,000 agricultural producers over a very vast territory that stretches from Lanaudière to the Portneuf region and to the north, we touch on Lac Saint-Jean. We are a pivot for the network of trails in Quebec, explains the regional president of the UPA, Jean-Marie Giguère. We had a meeting in an area where there are 300 farms. People have reported facts to us which, for sure, will cause irreparable damage to crops. We can talk about losses of several thousand dollars for farmers. The damage is caused to fields producing garlic and strawberries, or to large vegetable crops such as wheat. Problems come to us from all over the region. “

The next spring break worries the manager.

“We are anticipating spring break. We have the St-Tite Western Festival and it looks like the cowboys hugged the horses and fell on their snowmobiles. They travel their snowmobiles on trailers, stop everywhere and let's go. It is a lack of good manners. We, the farmers, think we are helping the regional economy by allowing snowmobiling on our land. But, under the current circumstances, with the anger rate of my members, if we have 10% or 15% closing the trail, the impact is going to be direct. We hope that by reading you, delinquents will put their heads in their heads. "

The spokesperson says he fears that if this continues, unfortunate actions will be taken. “We must not wait until there are people who are at their wit's end, who do dangerous things. Some have given us to understand that they will close the trail, with means that risk injury to users. It must stop and quickly, otherwise the consequences will be there. “

REACTION OF THE FCMQ
For the president of the Federation of snowmobile clubs of Quebec, Réal Camiré, we must act quickly, otherwise the damage will be major. If in the past they were rather limited, this season the danger of endangering a good part of the trail network is very real.
“You have to understand that Trois-Rivières is a gateway to La Tuque, Lac Saint-Jean and several other regions. If the Mauricie closes, we lose 2,800 kilometers of trails. The region is a hub that gives access to several other regions, this means that several thousand kilometers of trails will become inaccessible. Also, we must add that there are other places in Quebec where there has been a loss of rights of way. So this is already affecting a lot of trails and with the Mauricie case, we have just jeopardized the entire machine. "

A rough estimate makes it possible to calculate that more than 10,000 kilometers would be directly impacted. If we calculate that the Quebec network has 33,000 kilometers, that means that a third of the trails would be in danger.

“Real snowmobilers must, if they want to keep their trail network, come to our aid, not being shy about reminding offenders that their actions have important consequences. With what is happening, if it does not stop, finished the interconnected network between the regions, finished the largest network in the world and finished the visit of people from everywhere who want to discover Quebec. "

Getting out of control. But like almost everything else there are no real consequences if you get caught. What? a ticket for trespassing on private property? Ooooo, sounds scary. They never get caught and it’s time for the cops and the club patrols to knock some heads and make an example of these idiots. Give them something to think about. I want to see them loose their drivers license for 6 months minimum first offense. When they cannot drive to work or anywhere else for six months legally maybe, just maybe it might sink in. Doubtful as zero respect is rampant. 

Time for some undercover operations to snag a few of these jerk offs. 

I would be alright with shooting them on site like looters. They are directly taking money out of these farmers pockets by damaging their property. 

This is a very unfortunate situation. There must be some sort of a steep enough fine to get their attention. You’ve got to hit them hard in the pocketbook. I’m talking about fines starting at $2500, for first offense, impound their sled, take away their riding privileges, and possible jail time, for second offense. I know this seems harsh but the farmers and landowners are in control of the right of passage. They need to be protected at all costs. I understand that policing is very hard to do, but something has to be done to step up enforcement. Bottom line is we loose our riding privileges!
just my opinion, harsh action has to be taken!

Hank

1 hour ago, Snobeeler said:

The trail that I can get on near my house in Hamburg is closed in both directions due to the same crap! I have to trailer now to ride locally.

If that ever (god forbid) happens to me....I will be selling the house and moving to a new trail.

I don’t know how you fix this, at least here in the states the farmer would probably be sued by the offending moron if charges were brought against him. “There was no sign stating I cannot ride wherever I want and the police officer yelled at me” !  These are usually morons who have never been told no or had to answer for their stupidity, they will shrug their shoulders and continue to stumble through life at the expense of others. I hear it talking with people about raising their children, it is so rare anymore that a parent when he says or she says no to their child do they stick to their guns, now they get a timeout worse case scenario, so they go through life feeling entitled and thinking what’s the big deal....

There is a direct correlation between the increased sales of "Mountain Sleds" in Eastern Canada and the trespassing on farmers fields. The problem is not only there. A lot of new forestations on crown lands are being torn up as well. All these YouTube videos of guys doing stupid stunts creates other idiots to try and imitate these same stunts. I'm afraid there is no clear solution to this other than banning sleds that have 2 inch plus tracks. It may have to come to trampling on the rights of a few to allow access to trails for the many.