TRAIL NEWS

grumpysanta

• 4 weeks later...
43 WEST TO GO TO DUHAMEL WILL BE CLOSED THIS YEAR I HEARD TODAY and 43 WEST OF 16 ISLAND LAKE IS STILL NOT READY TO OPEN ALL BECAUSE OF 400 FEET OF ACCESS . LONG DETOURS

Could you elaborate on exactly where it is closed. What are options going west toward Maniwaki from St Agathe.

Could you elaborate on exactly where it is closed. What are options going west toward Maniwaki from St Agathe.

I was trying to make a loop from St Donat west through the park to La Macazza, when we headed south down 325 or 323 I forget exactly which one, but we were going to hook up with 43 heading east to go back up to St. Donat. The guy at the gas station in La Minerve said that the 43 was closed for the year. Lost land use priviledges beacuse the guy that takes care of that part of 43 never did his job, and got into an argument with a land owner, so the land owner said forget it, no trail going through this year. The guy at the gas pump was a local club member, he was wearing his FMCQ jacket, and started to ask where we came from, he looked at me kinda funny, and said where do you think you are heading now? So I told him I was planning on heading south from La Minerve on 355 till I meet up with 43 and head east towards Ste Agathe, he told me I had no choice but to turn around and head back to St. Donat through the park via 63 east. That would remain that way for the rest of the year.

I was trying to make a loop from St Donat west through the park to La Macazza, when we headed south down 325 or 323 I forget exactly which one, but we were going to hook up with 43 heading east to go back up to St. Donat. The guy at the gas station in La Minerve said that the 43 was closed for the year. Lost land use priviledges beacuse the guy that takes care of that part of 43 never did his job, and got into an argument with a land owner, so the land owner said forget it, no trail going through this year. The guy at the gas pump was a local club member, he was wearing his FMCQ jacket, and started to ask where we came from, he looked at me kinda funny, and said where do you think you are heading now? So I told him I was planning on heading south from La Minerve on 355 till I meet up with 43 and head east towards Ste Agathe, he told me I had no choice but to turn around and head back to St. Donat through the park via 63 east. That would remain that way for the rest of the year.

Wow, that changes my trip. Thanks for the info, you saved me a big headache. When I return does anybody know if you can ride 43 east thru Duhamel and take 323 North toward La Macaza?

Wow, that changes my trip. Thanks for the info, you saved me a big headache. When I return does anybody know if you can ride 43 east thru Duhamel and take 323 North toward La Macaza?

It is closed east of 16 island lakes but there is a way around to go to duhamel , 43 was closed all the way before but it is supposed to open from Weir or arundel

• 2 weeks later...
It is closed east of 16 island lakes but there is a way around to go to duhamel , 43 was closed all the way before but it is supposed to open from Weir or arundel

We were able to use 323 north. Good till last few miles, logging. No big deal.