Rode the Lynx Rave 850re

Pipeman

My local dealer allowed me to take this riding for a day(160 miles) and it was a very fun sled! The transfer that seems to be everyone’s concern is part of what makes it so much fun. It is very controllable and roomy to move around on due to the narrow “cockpit area .“ Motor and clutches are the same as the Doo 850 but the skid frame and ergos are completely different. I did not find the seat to hard at all, not as plush as my XRS 850 but still fine. The suspension is amazing in that I did not bottom it once and I hammered it pretty good on the pipeline yesterday, it sucked up everything. Now everything is a trade off so it was not as smooth in the normal stutter bumps etc as as gen 4 Ras x rear. I had all clickers 3 to 4 from full soft and it still sucked up all the big hits. It was extremely fun to ride, perfect Canada sled ? Depends on how you ride, if you are a trail cruiser, nope. If you like to wick it up in the twisties and launch off of over verticals etc....yes it the sled for you. The linq combo bag will not fit on it though due to the different seat but all the other Linq luggage pops right on. Skis worked awesome to, if I order a 2022 XRS Gade and not a Lynx I would love to add the skis. Overall a great sled, put a huge smile on my face 👍

206C5473-46CE-473C-9D78-92FC002A45B5.jpeg

61398BC5-8071-4882-8091-879E53DC1332.jpeg

Edited by Pipeman
Correction

4 hours ago, smclelan said:

Are the skis a bit more for powder riding then trail?

They worked great on the trail, I can’t say how well they would work in 6+ inches of fresh powder because what we rode was groomed trails but they are wider than the regular pilot skis.  

42 minutes ago, dooright said:

Ski part # 860 201 655   Black 

Excellent find! I just found the BRP/Lynx page that has all the accessories but still there does not seem to be a combo bag that will fit for multi day trips in Quebec. Might have to get intuitive 🙂